• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will NOT be in the top 10 selected.

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Marvin Harrison

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Malik Nabers

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Joe Alt

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Rome Odunze

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Brock Bowers

Votes: 127 77.9%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
California
In Kyle's famous dog house.

Could have used his speed at the Super Bowl. But Boy Wonder kept him off the roster going into the Playoffs.

Can't wait for Pearsall to ride the bench for 3 years

Who knows how long it's gonna take for us to see what the kid is made of, Kyle HATES starting rookies unless it's out of desperation.

This guy better be the next Cooper Kupp.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for Pearsall to ride the bench for 3 years

Who knows how long it's gonna take for us to see what the kid is made of, Kyle HATES starting rookies unless it's out of desperation.

This guy better be the next Cooper Kupp.

As long as he does what Kyle demands, regarding trimming his sideburns....he will be fine.. but if Kyle feels the kid needs to learn a lesson, he'll stash him in the corner. And bring in various old vet WRs through out the season like he always does, instead of giving the youngsters (like Gray) a chance on the field... this season it was Snead and Conley.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I know this might've already been planned but regardless he really seemed to enjoy himself with their crew tonight and was super insightful. I always love hearing him really talk football. Looking forward to more.
Yeah I'm used to never talking Bill and sourpuss Bill.

Seeing him enjoy himself and have a laugh was really different. I liked it.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Almost forgot that the Falcons are still being investigated for their approach to get Cousins…

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
Final 2024 NFL Era Mock Draft

Bears: Caleb Williams, QB
Commanders: Jayden Daniels, QB
Patriots: Drake Maye, QB
Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr, WR
Chargers: Joe Alt, OT
Giants: Malik Nabers, WR
Titans: Rome Odunze, WR JC Latham, OT
Falcons: Jared Verse, EDGE Michael Penix Jr, QB
Bears: Dallas Turner, EDGE Rome Odunze, WR
Jets > Vikings: JJ McCarthy, QB
Jets: Brock Bowers, TE Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT
Broncos: Bo Nix, QB
Raiders: Michael Penix Jr, QB Brock Bowers, TE
Saints: Taliese Fuaga, OT
Colts: Brian Thomas Jr, WR Laiatu Latu, EDGE
Seahawks: Laiatu Latu, EDGE Byron Murphy II, DT
Jaguars > Vikings: Terrion Arnold, CB Dallas Turner, EDGE
Bengals: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT Amarious Mims, OT
Rams: Chop Robinson, EDGE Jared Verse, EDGE
Steelers: Byron Murphy II, DT Troy Fautanu, OT
Dolphins: Troy Fautanu, OT Chop Robinson, EDGE
Eagles: Quinyon Mitchell, CB
Vikings > Jaguars: Jer'Zhan Newton, DT Brian Thomas Jr, WR
Cowboys > Lions: Cowboys: JC Latham, OT Terrion Arnold, CB
Packers: Cooper DeJean, CB Jordan Morgan, OT
Buccaneers: Graham Barton, OG
Cardinals: Nate Wiggins, CB Darius Robinson, DE
Bills > Chiefs: Troy Franklin, WR Xavier Worthy, WR
Lions > Cowboys: Jackson Powers-Johnson, C Tyler Guyton, OT
Ravens: Amarious Mims, OT Nate Wiggins, CB
49ers: Zach Frazier, C/OG Ricky Pearsall, WR
Bills: Xavier Legette, WR

12? not bad

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The avatar has been changed. I must believe. I must trust the process.

images

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Hell, just watch the Super Bowl this year. Deebo was basically non-existent. The 49ers tried to run the offense thru him and it was a total failure. He was targeted 11 times (the most of any 49ers WR), and only caught 3 for 33 yards. Aiyuk was targeted 6 times, caught 3 for 49 yards, and Jennings was targeted 5 times, caught 4 for 42 yards and a TD.

Both Jennings and Aiyuk had better stats.

To be fair, Deebo did get hurt in the Super Bowl, but that's another knock against Deebo. He gets hurt way, way to much.
Deebo is a zone receiver, he's not a guy you should expect to win in man vs those Chiefs corners. The Superbowl was the worst matchup possible for him.

Jun 10, 2018
It is a bad draft pick no matter how Rosie to try to paint it. Even if they wanted him that badly they could have EASILY traded down to get him.

Taking Penix there when they just paid Kirk a 9 figure fortune is just a bad pick. I'm sorry. There is a reason why everyone is dunking on them.
So why not kill them for signing old ass Kirk to that deal?

That's where ATL fucked up - not the draft. The pick of Penix only looks bad because they already made the stupid decision to give Cousins the deal.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Personally, I lean towards the big school higher competition element, so I would have picked Arnold. But I understand it's a close call between him and the other prospect.

It's worth noting that Toledo's HC has a significant connection to Nick Sirianni, being one of his close friends from their college days. This could potentially influence our draft strategy.

I also wouldn't rule out another CB in the second round. Some of these corners have dropped a lot, and the second-tier guys like Lasitter, Sainristil, and Melton might slide into the Eagles' range.

Most likely, they go OT with 50, but man, I would love one of the picks to be Colson or Melton. WR is not out of the question either. Polk would be great.

Dallas did well. Traded down, added a pick, and got a guy most people had going a few picks earlier.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I think the big school thing is a bit overstated and can go against these prospects too if you consider they're being surrounded by equally elite top-end talent which makes their lives easier.

If guys produce on the field/pop on film/through measurements it doesn't matter where they go. Khalil Mack went to Buffalo/in the MAC too after all.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I think the big school thing is a bit overstated and can go against these prospects too if you consider they're being surrounded by equally elite top-end talent which makes their lives easier.

If guys produce on the field/pop on film/through measurements it doesn't matter where they go. Khalil Mack went to Buffalo/in the MAC too after all.

Yeah and I admit its just a bias. The more I read about him the more its becoming a less of a thing.

This from Chris Simms:

View: https://x.com/CSimmsQB/status/1783689677641302032

From Solak

View: https://x.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1783688935308177537

Pumped and super excited for the two picks tonight. I'm really hoping they stick with 50 and 53. Moving up would mean sacrificing one of these picks, and with no 3rd round pick, I believe some top-notch players will fall into our lap at 50 and 53.

After the run at T's, those same teams ahead of the Eagles will probably look to take other positions. The Eagles take a Tackle, but I would be over the moon if we get Colson

View: https://x.com/AndrewDiCecco/status/1783701282026381561

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Yeah and I admit its just a bias. The more I read about him the more its becoming a less of a thing.

This from Chris Simms:

View: https://x.com/CSimmsQB/status/1783689677641302032

From Solak

View: https://x.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1783688935308177537

Pumped and super excited for the two picks tonight. I'm really hoping they stick with 50 and 53. Moving up would mean sacrificing one of these picks, and with no 3rd round pick, I believe some top-notch players will fall into our lap at 50 and 53.

After the run at T's, those same teams ahead of the Eagles will probably look to take other positions. The Eagles take a Tackle, but I would be over the moon if we get Colson

View: https://x.com/AndrewDiCecco/status/1783701282026381561

yep, i think they're in a really good spot after how things fell last night. keeping that 2nd 2nd rounder is def huge, whether they use both picks or utilise one of them to move down a bit and snag an extra pick in the 3rd and more. gonna be lots of talent still out there that can contribute from day one next season. can't really go wrong at this point.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017

It's not the end all be all, but coming from a good program known for producing talent at the position in question, has predictive connection to future success in the NFL (converse is true too; small school; school with track record of not producing top end talent as position in question has a predictive connection to not succeeding in the NFL). Again though, it's a slice of the pie not everything

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
yep, i think they're in a really good spot after how things fell last night. keeping that 2nd 2nd rounder is def huge, whether they use both picks or utilise one of them to move down a bit and snag an extra pick in the 3rd and more. gonna be lots of talent still out there that can contribute from day one next season. can't really go wrong at this point.

If they do consider an LB, I hope it's Colson over waiting for Trotter jr in the 4th. As fun as that would be, I think it would be a lot of pressure on him to live up to his dad's reputation in Philly.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Just want to mention, shoutouts to Detroit for the 275k+ attendance last night, breaking the day one draft attendance record. They're saying on the Ticket this morning that our first day has already cleared Chicago's turnout from their entire draft weekend. Obviously it helps that we're coming off of our best season in decades but Detroit shows out for football and it sounds like the overall reception has been very positive. Great job by the city organizers.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Having time to sleep, think, and listen to others on the Falcon's pick, it's still mindbogglingly stupid. There is a VERY narrow way this works and a million ways this doesn't and blows up in your face.

- You're paying your franchise QB 45 million guaranteed the next 2 seasons and an additional 10 million in 2026. You're stuck with that.
- You're losing draft picks because of this deal
- You pissed off said franchise QB by not giving him a heads-up prior to the deal. I've seen a few people comment on Cousin's mentality and say that he won't be a good sport about this and it's going to be closer to the Rodgers/Love situation (if they're lucky) rather than Alex Smith/Mahomes.
-Cousins is now almost by default is a transition QB. Apparently the one thing Cousins has wanted is safety his career and the guaranteed money was a form of that. Now you pulled the rug underneath him and he has to look behind his back if he starts having a few bad weeks.
-Teams wanted to trade up into the top 10 so not only are you losing the immediate impact of a win now player, you could have gotten even more assets to slide a bit back.
-You're talking about not even playing the most NFL ready QB draft prospect for 4-5 years??? If Cousins is balling out then this is a completely wasted pick that could have been used to help Cousins win now. Atleast Love was a 20+ pick and even then I've seen a few people bring up that unless Love just balls out, it's possible that was the wrong pick if that could have helped Rodgers get another ring.
-You don't get the benefit of the rookie QB contract and you won't even know if he's good at all until the 3rd year. Packers are possibly sort of lucky as imagine if Love had a bad year last year or even a bad year this one, how do you know to pay the guy?
-Players don't get healthy or less injury prone as they get older and for this experiment you choose the oldest QB draft prospect with a lengthy injury history. Maye or JJ would make sense for this due to how raw they are and needing development time, along with them being a few years younger.

The Falcons chose the worst of both worlds. If Cousins is good, this is a completely wasted pick that only served to piss him off. If Cousins is bad, then yea this might work out but good god. If you were concerned about Cousins injury then maybe don't sign him to a 100 million guaranteed contract? What Ridder does to a franchise, damn.

Edit: I didn't even get into the history of Green Bay and the Chiefs when they did their QB experiments. Both were at least fringe playoff teams and Green Bay also had the confidence of successfully developing a long number of QBs in the past.

Last edited:

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Not a big fan of the Steelers pick. Injury history and they plan on moving him to a different spot?

They still have no starting center on the roster. Ugh. Russ/Fields going to be running for their lives.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Dane Brugler mock for rds 2 and 3

Eagles take:

50 Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
53 Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU

That's not bad. I prefer adding more to the defense. Esp if Adisa Isaac is on the board, but Franklin would be a great option as WR 3 and Kinsley fill their need for OL depth and development.