• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Lmfaooooo Elway on NFLN just now. Dude is definitely on drugs.

"At 34 years old I think Joe (Flacco) is just getting into his prime."

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
With the first pick of the 2019 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select Kyler Murray, quarterback, Oklahoma.

Oct 25, 2017
Panthers bringing back Daryl Williams on a one-year prove it deal.

Definitely an unexpected surprise, I was resigned to losing him on the open market (especially after we signed Paradis)

It's early but this is definitely shaping up to be the best o-line Cam's ever had...provided we can do something with Matt Kalil.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_p29qesb20r1qch0kpo2_400.gif

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Josh Rosen to the Giants trade rumors sparking up again. Supposedly he's available for a third?

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/03/g...ld-josh-rosen-deal-more-likely-than-ever.html

However, after acquiring the No. 17 pick in April's NFL Draft and regaining a third-round pick that was forfeited by taking cornerback Sam Beal in the third-round of last summer's Supplemental Draft, the future can begin right now for the Giants.

Reports surfaced last week that the Arizona Cardinals are shopping quarterback Josh Rosen, less than a year after trading up to select him No. 10 overall last April, and the price tag might only be a third-round pick.

Imagine that, trading Beckham clears the way for the Giants to trade for their quarterback of the future without needed to invest either of their two selections in the top 20.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

At 25 he still has a lot of tread left on the tires. Has the speed to pop the top off the defense, which is what makes the Steelers offense work best. Of course, I'm expecting him to miss 10 games due to injury.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the OBJ jersey getting stitched up had me thinking. OBJ will probably be one of the top selling jerseys this year, like he probably is every year. Who else gets on there? AB in Raider nation certainly, Mahomes after that year. Is there a list?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I think the primary thing that galls me is that throughout all of these years of failure, the one person who was held to account and got the boot first is the last person that should have been shown the door. That person is Tom Coughlin. He should have never been fired. I think back to 2015 and I've said this before - I can't think of another coach in this league other than one or two guys that could have dragged that group to 6 wins given the utter dearth of talent. Reese stayed. Marc Ross stayed. Dumbfounding stuff.:/

The problem is they are all at fault. They never built the OLINE due to poor drafting and FA pick ups. That's Ross, Reese, and even Gettleman.

But Coughlin was also losing control and never kept OBJ in line.

Ownership is so wishy washy and got spooked by the fans reactions to benching Eli that they basically decided "oh no now we think Eli is great again". And this decision is going to cost them at least 3 seasons (last yr, this yr, and next yr) if not tons more if you don't hit on a QB.

It's just hilarious that Coughlin and OBJ who had the least to do with what the team is, got the boot.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the OBJ jersey getting stitched up had me thinking. OBJ will probably be one of the top selling jerseys this year, like he probably is every year. Who else gets on there? AB in Raider nation certainly, Mahomes after that year. Is there a list?

Can't wait for that Color Rush jersey for OBJ. Those are fire.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Listening to some of Mike Francesa yesterday and oh boy. Both he and the certain subset of the fanbase that shares his "views" claimed:

• OBJ was never good, to begin with! He sucks! Eli made him!
  • Good luck in Cleveland loser! Yeah, cause landing on a much better team from top to bottom is going to suck for OBJ right?
  • Mike doesn't think OBJ will be good in Cleveland and will be on a 3rd team shortly.
  • Mike doesn't think Cleveland will win much or be good. Kept telling callers who disagreed that call me when Cleveland makes the playoffs or wins a playoff game. How does this guy have a job? Does he know what happened last year? That Baker is the real thing? All the other moves Cleveland has made? And how the rest of the division isn't as tough right now?
  • Mike also thinks the Giants will win more games compared to Cleveland. Again all cause OBJ is gone.
  • Essentially blames all of the Giants problems on everyone but Eli.
  • Then there were the calls that OBJ and his antics were never good enough for the prestigious Giants franchise. He didn't deserve to be a Giant! To have that honor! Really? Same team and organization that worshipped human scum, Lawrence Taylor? Or just a few years ago was employing and backing a kicker who was beating up his wife?
  • How or why is this man still employed? It is obvious he doesn't know or watch any sports anymore.

As I said yesterday over and over, trading OBJ was the right move if you are ready to rebuild. A year too late and it cost you OBJ when in reality he should be on the team and Eli should have been gone 2 yrs ago. But whatever you made that mistake and are ready to move on...BUT Mike, a lot of his callers, and I get the feeling the Giants themselves think NOW that they got rid of OBJ, now they are free to win. That they don't like any of these QBs in this draft and now they will use all the draft capital (they do have 12 picks) to build around Eli for another run this year.

Mikael Kay had a Giants pregame show host on his show and he implied trading OBJ was never the plan and something happened between both sides within the past month where both OBJ and the Giants decided its best and time for both sides to move on. That the trade materialized 24 hours prior to becoming official. Which makes the Giants seem even more incompetent! You gave this huge deal and guaranteed money (that you already paid) and he was a part of your long term plan up until 48 hours or so ago. Unless it was something criminal, it makes zero sense.

As an Eagles fan, I love this dysfunction! Just hope Arizona doesn't do something dumb like give up Rosen for a 3rd round pick or something.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Mike Francesa's entire anti-OBJ crusade is literally because the dude did not show up for some breakfast Francesa was hosting that he never claimed he was gonna attend but I think Landon Collins went or something. Eli is off the hook constantly because he has a spot on the show. Good luck with the app though, Mike.