• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Any snap Dez Bryant is on the field is one where a better player is sitting on the Saint's bench. Please sign him.

Saints WRs outside of Thomas aren't nothing to write home about. Smith looks good for a rookie but then really theres a drop off. Dez could be WR3 and really help round out the corps.

Defenses would then be even more vulnerable because who are you going to double when Thomas, Kamara, and Dez are on the field? Also, Watson is balling right now as TE. Old man catches everything. If they can keep Dez in check, which I believe they can because of the leadership and respect that Brees commands, then I see nothing but good things from signing him. Just add another tool to the warchest.

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saints WRs outside of Thomas aren't nothing to write home about. Smith looks good for a rookie but then really theres a drop off. Dez could be WR3 and really help round out the corps.

Defenses would then be even more vulnerable because who are you going to double when Thomas, Kamara, and Dez are on the field? Also, Watson is balling right now as TE. Old man catches everything. If they can keep Dez in check, which I believe they can because of the leadership and respect that Brees commands, then I see nothing but good things from signing him. Just add another tool to the warchest.

Definitely not Dez Bryant lol. He's a possession receiver at this point in his career. When the Panthers play the Saints, I imagine we're going to put a safety over the top of Thomas and hope our front seven can hold up against Ingram/Kamara like they did in the playoffs last year. I would be scared of an explosive receiver on the other side of the field (like Teddy Ginn Jr.) to take the top off against man coverage. Dez ain't gonna do that.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely not Dez Bryant lol. He's a possession receiver at this point in his career. When the Panthers play the Saints, I imagine we're going to put a safety over the top of Thomas and hope our front seven can hold up against Ingram/Kamara like they did in the playoffs last year. I would be scared of an explosive receiver on the other side of the field (like Teddy Ginn Jr.) to take the top off against man coverage. Dez ain't gonna do that.

Dez with a QB who has anticipation and can throw a back shoulder to a spot only Dez can grab it, I think people will be surprised what he has in his tank, 3 years he has not had a QB able to throw to him and the one year Dak was decent, Dez had 15 yards per reception.

I will buy a Dez saints jersey if he signs with them, fuck dallas for using him as a scapegoat.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017

GET IT SON!

tenor.gif

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana
Why the fuck are the saints messing with anything now?

I guess Peyton saw that dropped throw to Dan Aarnold on a crucial third down in the Rams game and thought Dez could do better?

I dunno, I'm still coming to terms with Dez actually coming here. Just.... What? If he's signing for vet minimum, then I'm good with it. The fact that no one else signed him for this long gives me concerns though.

Let's see what you got Dez!

Last edited:

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York

They don't need an over the top guy though to win games, clearly. They are averaging 34 a game without Ginn still. Dez will probably have single coverage or settle into a zone and be able to eat all day. Thomas and Kamara will have Ds best players following them. The Saints dont need him to be WR1, but just another weapon that will be needed based on the schemes they are going up against.

Dez with a QB who has anticipation and can throw a back shoulder to a spot only Dez can grab it, I think people will be surprised what he has in his tank, 3 years he has not had a QB able to throw to him and the one year Dak was decent, Dez had 15 yards per reception.

I will buy a Dez saints jersey if he signs with them, fuck dallas for using him as a scapegoat.

Nice! I have complete faith in the leadership on the team to get him in line and if he doesn't then you can bet your ass he will be gone.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
They don't need an over the top guy though to win games, clearly. They are averaging 34 a game without Ginn still. Dez will probably have single coverage or settle into a zone and be a able to eat all day. Thomas and Kamara will have Ds best players following them. The Saints dont need him to be WR1, but just another weapon that will be needed based on the schemes they are going up against.

Nice!

Not official yet I guess

Hope he finds a team, I believe he still has some dog left in him

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Dez Bryant in 2018

Marshall can still play a little bit if he stops dropping passes - that's a big if though