• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
curious what the name will be

something like Utah Pioneers would make sense.

Reading about the owner of the coyotes I'm glad they are finally being handed off to someone decent (hopefully).

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
I like Bighorns

Mountaineers, Pioneers also wouldn't be bad.

Almost more curious about the color scheme. Do you go with red/orange often associated with the state, or synergy with Jazz colors?

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
They aren't going to name the team the Pioneers or anything else related to colonization.

It'll be something esoteric like the Jazz for that reason.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
www.nhl.com

Color of Hockey: Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Lebanon raising profile in game | NHL.com

Will compete for chance to win Challenger Series Heritage Cup, to be awarded in July

Men's and women's teams representing the U.S. territory, Caribbean and Middle East countries will compete in the Challenger Series league, which begins play April 18-21 at Fifth Third Arena, the Chicago Blackhawks practice facility.

The league shifts to the Clark Gillies Arena in Dix Hills, New York from June 6-9, followed by playoffs at the Campus Ice Centre in Oshawa, Ontario for the Challenger Series Heritage Cup, to be played July 11-13.

"Most of us [are] trying to blaze a path that's never been taken before in our own way," said Scott Vargas, president of founder of the Puerto Rico Ice Hockey Association and a forward on its men's national team. "I just have the belief that if we all work together and collaborate, there's more to be gained.

"This is our first stab at trying a consistent schedule. Let's pool our resources together and with that, and its integral for any developing (hockey) nation, you have to grow awareness and credibility for your organization or federation domestically. And that's challenging without consistent competition, it's challenging if that competition is not at a quality level. This league is an opportunity for us to obtain that consistency."

Oct 25, 2017
mreddie do not under any circumstances watch this video

youtu.be

The NHL is coming to Utah

The National Hockey League’s Board of Governors has approved the establishment of an NHL franchise in Utah that will be owned and controlled by Smith Enterta...

The highlight reel of the Coyotes young talent is cold-hearted

3gfptz.png

I'd pick Blizzard, of those.

Spare a thought for Laurent Brossoit, who will decide tonight whether or not the Jets finish with the fewest goals allowed in the NHL this season (if he allows 2 or less they win outright, 3 they tie the Panthers), but who hasn't played enough games to get his name on the Jennings Trophy if they do (it will be awarded solely to Hellebuyck).

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON

Man, I'm not sure I could live with that kind of outcome tease. The one team the Bruins were able to kncok out in the finals in my lifetime. The 7-game series. The looming spectre of the Vancouver riots from 13 years ago hanging over the outcome. Cripes. I'd rather we lose to the Leafs in 4 then go through that kind of anxiety. EA even made the Bruins play the maximum # of games to get there.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Would be surprised if an Eastern Conference team wins the cup tbh. Cup is staying in the west.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Man, I'm not sure I could live with that kind of outcome tease. The one team the Bruins were able to kncok out in the finals in my lifetime. The 7-game series. The looming spectre of the Vancouver riots from 13 years ago hanging over the outcome. Cripes. I'd rather we lose to the Leafs in 4 then go through that kind of anxiety. EA even made the Bruins play the maximum # of games to get there.
Well I don't like that..