• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Hah I forgot my parents went to Montreal for a holiday. My dad just sent us like 10 pics of the statues and things outside Bell Centre a solid 7 hours before puck drop so I guess he's excited to see a game there.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Weeks into the season, battle of the unbeatens, Stanley Cup Final preview, Rangers vs. Oilers.

Panarin-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Kreider-Strome-Kakko
Lemieux-Howden-Fast
McKegg-Andersson-Smith

Hajek-Trouba
Staal-DeAngelo
Skjei-Fox

Lundqvist

Oct 25, 2017
So far...

TOI QoC%: 30.05 (13th toughest comp among all D in the NHL, tops on Leafs)
ZSR (Zone starts ratio): 39.29
CF%: 56.66 (+1.2 REL)
xGF% 49.51 (-1.64 REL)
GF%: 62.68 (+20.54 REL)
Rasmus Sandin has a GF%rel of +52.41
Tyler Myers is absolutely killing it in CF% with the same TOI QoC%

CF% QOC in the entire NHL:

Maybe Cody Ceci is a revelation and now "really good" or "the best defense on the team". Maybe he's soared up to average or acceptable. Right now all we've got are some upset Leafs fans, some easily impressed Leafs fans and a small sample size.

[edit] well that table didn't work out very well

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Rasmus Sandin has a GF%rel of +52.41
Tyler Myers is absolutely killing it in CF% with the same TOI QoC%

CF% QOC in the entire NHL:

Maybe Cody Ceci is a revelation and now "really good" or "the best defense on the team". Maybe he's soared up to average or acceptable. Right now all we've got are some upset Leafs fans, some easily impressed Leafs fans and a small sample size.

[edit] well that table didn't work out very well

My eyes!

It was more of an observation, not a declaration that he's amazing or anything.

Just cautious optimism

With that said his pairing has really been bad to start the season, regardless of stats

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I've just learned that Google Translate auto-translates Kaapo Kakko's name, and it's the greatest.

zqRe6W8.png

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Oilers defensive structure is clearly vastly improved. Tough to get through once they have the lead.

Rangers came out flying and missed several golden opportunities in the first, never really found them again after that.

And now break to our extended vacation from hockey that was so rudely interrupted by this game. Next game for the Rangers is Thursday, the first Hughes-Kakko Classic against the Devils.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cammy is a well spoken forward thinking guy. I think he will do great in that role.

Oct 26, 2017
Well the Kings kicked the Preds' ass everywhere except on the scoreboard in the 1st. At least they're only down one.

In other news, Forsberg-Duchene-Granlund is pretty clearly the Preds' first line.

Oct 27, 2017
The Oilers are 5-0. Incredible. Tippett has that team playing a structured system and they look damn good doing it.

Nurse is developing into a #1 defenseman. Him and Bear have been fantastic together.

Draisaitl is criminally slept on. The guy has been better than McDavid to start the year. 12 and 11 points in 5 games between the two of them. Looks like another 50g, 50a campaign incoming for Drai... still will be called a product of McDaddy though I'm sure.

They won't keep this up but they should be in the mix for a playoff spot.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Drouin has been really impressive so far this season. Whoever he trained with over the summer set him on a good path.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The Oilers are 5-0. Incredible. Tippett has that team playing a structured system and they look damn good doing it.

Nurse is developing into a #1 defenseman. Him and Bear have been fantastic together.

Draisaitl is criminally slept on. The guy has been better than McDavid to start the year. 12 and 11 points in 5 games between the two of them. Looks like another 50g, 50a campaign incoming for Drai... still will be called a product of McDaddy though I'm sure.

They won't keep this up but they should be in the mix for a playoff spot.

Drai is averaging 25 minutes a game so far. That's not sustainable.

Oct 26, 2017
Preds still haven't figured out clearing the zone under pressure, Hamhuis continues to look done, and Saros sure looked like an undersized goalie

But the power play is somewhat functional and they kept it interesting at least