• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
It clear that Ovechkin's excessive and classless celebration after the cup win is the cause of Trotz departure.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate that "Chel" became the slang term for this game lol
Eoum9.jpg

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god if they put this in the game and tout it as a big feature instead of, you know, making the game better I'm gonna be pissed. The EA NHL series fucking loves it's stupid gimmicks because there is no budget from EA to really dig into it and change the game.

Seems like they shit out a hockey game due to obligation and don't care.
Of course that will be the big gimmick. Theyre never going to fix the game.

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why would Trotz go from the hallowed hockey championship mecca of Washington to Montreal?

Greekboy™

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Damn, that's a bit of a shock about Trotz resigning. But if he thinks he can fetch more cash, might as well give it a shot.

*shrugs*

Wouldn't say it's a shock at all. Rierden was always his successor. Keep in mind that McPhee hired Trotz and that Caps current GM MacLellan brought in Rierden.

Trotz leaving was expected and he wanted to go too. He pretty much told Torts that when they shook hands after the Columbus series.

I also think the Caps players knew he wasn't coming back too so this most likely brought the team together during their Cup run.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
All this JT speculation is going to look pretty goofy in hindsight when Avs roll the MacK-JT 1-2 punch next season.

Oct 26, 2017
I swear to god if they put this in the game and tout it as a big feature instead of, you know, making the game better I'm gonna be pissed. The EA NHL series fucking loves it's stupid gimmicks because there is no budget from EA to really dig into it and change the game.

Seems like they shit out a hockey game due to obligation and don't care.

See you online day 1 bro

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I didnt realize Trotz was the 5th winningest coach in NHL history. How come hes getting paid peanuts when an overrated chump like Babcock, who actually hasn't done anything outside of coaching a stacked Wings team to a Cup and Super Saiyan Team Canadas that I could have coached to a gold medal, is getting rich?

Marc Crawford couldn't coach Team Canada to a Bronze in Nagano, and while as great as Patty Quinn is and was, he couldn't save Canada from a 7th place finish in Torino.

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think Ottawa will be that bad next season. This is under the assumption Karlsson will be there and Hoffman and his fall foliage will not.
Hoffman is only one part of the toxicity in Ottawa. The entire front office appears to be filled with Trump cabinet wannabes who don't respect the players or the fans. What player is gonna wanna give their all in that situation? They need a new owner who will gut everyone.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the Trotz news. Figured he was gone win or lose. Good luck with whatever he does next.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Hoffman is only one part of the toxicity in Ottawa. The entire front office appears to be filled with Trump cabinet wannabes who don't respect the players or the fans. What player is gonna wanna give their all in that situation? They need a new owner who will gut everyone.

Really curious to see how free agency pans out for them, with players having to take this circus into consideration when looking into Ottawa.

When you've got a shitty owner, team going nowhere, and cyberbullying on the table, it's hard to ignore.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious to see how free agency pans out for them, with players having to take this circus into consideration when looking into Ottawa.

When you've got a shitty owner, team going nowhere, and cyberbullying on the table, it's hard to ignore.
I can't see Duchene re-signing there after they paid to acquire him.

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see Duchene re-signing there after they paid to acquire him.
I think his exit interview had him saying he wants to be there long term, but that was before.. well, everything else.

This is true as well. Will Butcher iced out the avs after our shit season and at the time he had a guaranteed job with good minutes if he signed here. We didn't even have the drama other than Duchene. The shit going on in Ottawa is waaaay harder to ignore.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think his exit interview had him saying he wants to be there long term, but that was before.. well, everything else.
Yeah, but the team knew about about the Hoffman situation in March, thus before any exit interviews would take place. And the players would have known about this much earlier too.

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but the team knew about about the Hoffman situation in March, thus before any exit interviews would take place. And the players would have known about this much earlier too.
True, but in the months(!) following the team did nothing to actually rectify the situation, potentially losing a franchise player as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.