Status
Not open for further replies.

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017

By all means take half the story of the avs and use it futilely. The other half is equally important, and involves actually identifying problems with the lineup and fixing them. But by all means, crack that whip harder! O'Reilly cannot escape the avs rebuild no matter how far East he travels.

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps my favorite of all the trash spewed by Bergevin today was this nugget

Reporter: "you had the 30th ranked offense this year, how do you go about addressing that?"

Bergevin: "well it all starts with Carey Price...."

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I picture Subban sitting in the sun in Nashville, ready to embark on another Stanley Cup run, sipping a glass of wine and laughing his ass off to today's conference.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017

By all means take half the story of the avs and use it futilely. The other half is equally important, and involves actually identifying problems with the lineup and fixing them. But by all means, crack that whip harder! O'Reilly cannot escape the avs rebuild no matter how far East he travels.

Shut up, 19 & 21. The Avs NEEDED to be coachable. You won't be ruining this stupid narrative with your dumb logic.

Deleted member 23091

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My round 1 predictions
3M0uYfz.png

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can't find any recent Marinaro content on TSN

boooooo

edit: nvm i found it!

Tony is a boss

Last edited:

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
So Aquilini just tweeted up a storm. Dumbass doesn't know how to make twitter threads so here it is compiled and in non-tweet form:

"Just want to add a few personal thoughts to what Trevor, Jim, Travis and the players said to the media this morning.
First of all, I want to thank all our loyal Canucks fans. I also want to personally apologize to you, because I understand how disappointed you are with how the season went. I know you're disappointed, but, believe me, nobody is more disappointed than me! This season our young players learned important lessons about how hard it is to win at the NHL level.

Now everybody in the organization needs to commit to the hard work and sacrifices needed to get better. From me personally, from the ownership group on down, we all need to look in the mirror and ask ourselves, how can I help this team get better. It will happen. Late in the season we started to see the kind of team we are becoming—young, fast, gritty, all out hockey.

Without the Sedins, it'll be very different next year. Their incredible skill, leadership and character can't be replaced. We'll be a younger team, but a well-coached, well-managed young team can mature and come together quickly. Look at Colorado and New Jersey this year, making the playoffs. Look at Arizona in the second half of the season. Look at our last 10 games. Our goal is to be a perpetual contender. That journey starts right now. This city deserves another run at the Stanley Cup. We've got the right management, first-rate coaching staff, and more great young talent than in a long time.

Thank you again for your support. It means everything to the players and everyone in the organization. We are all Canucks! "

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
The Dallas Stars missed the playoffs because they lack of scoring depth and defense.
The San Antonio Spurs (aka The Detroit Red Wings of Basketball) make the playoffs because most of that league lack scoring depth and defense.

FML

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Not to keep harping on it, but I just read MB's comments referencing Real Madrid missing the playoffs. I mean.... how can ANYONE give this guy the vote of confidence? I don't care if it's a retool, or a rebuild, how could you possibly think "This guy knows what he's doing!"?

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh lawd.....the latest hot take from noted drunk/racist/moron who lost us Patrick Roy, Mario Tremblay, is a doozy.

You'll recall that he's the guy who claimed that Galchenyuk went to rehab before the season.

Now he's saying that Pacioretty attempted to orchestrate his own trade to the Panthers at the deadline, that he reached out to a buddy on the team to speak to Tallon to get him to broker the trade, and that Bergevin knows about all of this.

Hard to tell what is the bigger shitshow: the team, the management, or the media.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh lawd.....the latest hot take from noted drunk/racist/moron who lost us Patrick Roy, Mario Tremblay, is a doozy.

You'll recall that he's the guy who claimed that Galchenyuk went to rehab before the season.

Now he's saying that Pacioretty attempted to orchestrate his own trade to the Panthers at the deadline, that he reached out to a buddy on the team to speak to Tallon to get him to broker the trade, and that Bergevin knows about all of this.

Hard to tell what is the bigger shitshow: the team, the management, or the media.

to be fair in that situation Mario Tremblay is just reporting something that's been out for months, a couple of sources have reported the same thing

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Patches is 100% gone, and I'm putting AGally at an 85% chance at being gone, especially where his play the last 3/4 of the season brought his value back up.

Deleted member 563

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Freddy the Goat is a restricted free agent this summer, and I'm pretty sure the Leafs won't give him a qualifying offer.

Then Bergevin will finally get his chance to swoop in. That might soften the blow of losing Patches and Galchenyuk.

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear
I don't like Bergevin's comments.

He makes roster changes that are widely panned.

His f/o fails to introduce quality through the draft/development.

He sits for an entire season with 9 million in cap space and does norhing with it, even while Molson talks about the Habs as a 'cap' team.

And then he blames the players - the group of people he hand picked to wear one of the most cherished sweaters in pro sports - claiming they had a poor attitude from training camp.

Fuck off.

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's the worst (or mayyyybe 2nd worst after Chiarelli) GM in the NHL. He's arrogant without anything to back it up with, he absolves himself completely from blame (even yesterday, when he would start to say "I made a mistake...." he'd always follow it up with ".....but it's not just me" or some shit), he shifts the goalposts every press conference (first we are building through the draft, next thing we are trading for Weber), he's a hypocrite (Drouin treatment vs Galchenyuk treatment), he's a liar (Subban trade), he can't evaluate talent (says Kopitar isn't a 1C), he's ruined our AHL, scouting and player development branches by filling them out with his similarly unqualified buddies (nepotism for the lose), and he is quick to throw anyone under the bus to save his skin (Price remarks). I don't see how anyone can respect him. He isn't qualified, he doesn't know what he is doing, he has set the franchise back at least 5 years. He's killing the franchise I've watched and loved for 30 years now since I was 5.

Unlike a lot of people, I remember 1993. Watching the Habs win the Cup as a 10 year old is a definitive memory from my childhood. 25 years later and I've never felt like the Habs were further away from winning a Stanley Cup as I do today.

Oct 26, 2017
i'm 28 and i've never seen a true superstar forward play for this team and I was 3 when we won a cup. The closest thing we had to a superstar in my lifetime was traded 2 years ago

I wonder why i'm so jaded

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Montraal media eviscerating him today bask? They showed some surprising backbone yesterday and I sure hope they don't let up.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Melnyk's weird ass townhall thing isn't going to be broadcast in any way(no photos or video/audio recording allowed at all), only season ticket holders will be able to go and all of the questions will be pre-screened. What a farce.

Oct 26, 2017
Are the Montraal media eviscerating him today bask? They showed some surprising backbone yesterday and I sure hope they don't let up.

the french radio hosts were REALLY pissed last night.

Bob Hartley was mad that Bergevin didn't really give us any plan

my dad also called me to say that the "regular non-sport" host of the news had a 1 on 1 with Molson was kinda baffled and pretty much saying it was a little insulting for fans

as expected the call-ins are fuming

Gilbert Delorme is currently destroying him on the radio

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People just have to continue to stop buying tickets. Only thing that will work. There were a lot of empty seats in the Bell Centre this year and the Habs themselves had to discount tickets. That's a good start but fans need to be even less willing to pony up next season. Which might be hard with all the GREAT NEW FOOD and the BELL CENTRE EXPERIENCE to lure them in!

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
From all I've heard they're all very angry at the "attitude" comments, saying if the GM and coach let it go on from day one, then they should be fired. There's also the general sense that Patches (for sure) and Price (possibly) are gone.

Syrinx

Oct 25, 2017
Realistically speaking, what would a Price trade even look like with that behemoth contract? I can't imagine there would be much return, if anything, the Habs would be the ones paying someone to take it.

Canes should feel around since we're so desperate for even passable goaltending. Not that I think Bergevin would trade his meat shield.

Oct 26, 2017
Realistically speaking, what would a Price trade even look like with that behemoth contract? I can't imagine there would be much return, if anything, the Habs would be the ones paying someone to take it.

Canes should feel around since we're so desperate for even passable goaltending. Not that I think Bergevin would trade his meat shield.

to Vancouver for Boeser and a pick, and we retain salary

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I think if you retain 40-45% on Price, there's a market (provided he learns how to hockey again).

New team gets him say $6-6.5M per x 8, Habs eat $4-4.5M per x 8. Everyone wins. Except Montreal.

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017
Trade Price to Seattle on the condition that they don't take anyone but Mete in the expansion draft

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trading Price though is doubly hard. You have to deal with his salary AND his full NMC. Then it becomes a Martin St Louis situation where Price only accepts a trade to 1-2 teams and we get bent over hard.

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
More likely scenario is they deal with it for 3 more years then its compliance buyout time for Price and Weber after the 2021 lockout/new CBA

Oct 25, 2017

Salary retention can get any trade done. But the Habs would be smart to wait until Price improv so his reputation before trading.

to Vancouver for Boeser and a pick, and we retain salary
We've got Demko, go away

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Henrik Lundqvist has had a knee injury that wasn't reported about since late October. He's going to have an MRI. Unsure if he will participate in the World Championships as a result.

Mika Zibanejad will play for Sweden in the World Championships. Lias Andersson is also joining Sweden this week for a couple World Championship exhibition games with Denmark.

Kevin Shattenkirk was invited to play for Team USA but declined. If the Rangers made the playoffs, he would have played but would have needed his knee drained several times. Since they're not, he's going to focus on getting back to 100% instead.

Alexei Bereglazov's contract is also being terminated. So that didn't work out, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.