• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12950

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Bergevin has been making some smart moves recently. I don't like this.

I like to think of GM moves as having a bit of random walk to them because the player market in hockey is so illiquid.

I remember there was a lot of talk of Bergevin having grown as a GM around January 2015 from people who should have known better. Therrien was still the goddamn head coach.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet.

Hope Armia finds a good fit with the Habs. Useful player, just don't expect much offense. Or any really.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Love that trade, good to see Bergevin using that cap space for futures, and Amria seems like a decent bottom 6 option. Better than a Reaves anyways.

I was listening to Scorpion all day yesterday and shit just popped up in my head.

To clarify, I wasn't listening to it on repeat all day, I basically slogged through it throughout the day lol
Ya I'm really disappointed in it, it's just so fucking boring.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
It's maybe 10 good to great songs spread out over a double album worth of meh. So basically it's Views 2.0

Syrinx

Oct 25, 2017
?

A common (and sad) refrain from Canadians/Americans. Goals are required because they can't appreciate the skills or tactics :(
I tuned in the other day just in time to see Japan's bold "hold the ball the last 12 minutes and pray Senegal doesn't tie their game" strategy. If you can call it that.

Deleted member 12950

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I tuned in the other day just in time to see Japan's bold "hold the ball the last 12 minutes and pray Senegal doesn't tie their game" strategy. If you can call it that.

That was down to perverse incentives of the group stage of tournaments. Not much different than teams tanking for higher draft picks in North American sports.

I much prefer watching soccer to hockey these days, with the not stopping the match for commercial breaks being a huge reason for it, but I don't follow the group stages of club or international tournaments that closely.

Deleted member 12950

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
With the Bettman point teams colluding for regulation and doing nothing like Japan in that match for 60 minutes before trying to win in overtime/the shootout is actually the optimal regular season strategy in the NHL.

Rack up 82 points for doing nothing and win just half your OT/shootout games and you would have more points than Nashville got last season.

Oct 25, 2017
(not including the Galchenyuk trade)

Trading down at the draft to accumulate picks and taking a salary dump in exchange for three assets feels like a shift in strategy on his part.
That is really common. Even Benning did that. It doesn't happen all the time because GMs each know how it can be beneficial and it requires someone coveting an available player.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I'm fine with this buyout now. So in summary: we got Armia and draft picks for free because we had the space for mason to buy him out

You owe us one Jets.

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh....decent deal I guess? A 4th and a 7th isnt going to turn into much though. Arnie could be a decent pickup.

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear

200.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.