• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
My nightmare is Oilers, Islanders, and Islanders going as the top 3. That also puts the Rangers down to 11th. No bueno.

Deleted member 12950

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The Oilers winning the #1 pick is the comedy option. You know their management would still manage to screw things up. Plus the Oilers winning because the NHL flattened the lottery odds and made teams up the standings more likely to win because the Oilers were winning the lottery too much would be pretty great.

But I hope Dahlin doesn't end up in Montreal or Edmonton where he'll be expected to save the terribly constructed defence and play first-pairing minutes right away in his age 18 season. If any D prospect in the last while is going to be actually able to do it I guess it would be him but I don't think that's putting him in a position to succeed. While I assume Sergachev isn't on Dahlin's level he was only playing sheltered minutes this year at 19 and doing well like he did in even those type of minutes is pretty damn rare for 19-year-olds, never mind guys who are 18.

Oct 25, 2017
The Oilers winning the #1 pick is the comedy option. You know their management would still manage to screw things up. Plus the Oilers winning because the NHL flattened the lottery odds and made teams up the standings more likely to win because the Oilers were winning the lottery too much would be pretty great.

But I hope Dahlin doesn't end up in Montreal or Edmonton where he'll be expected to save the terribly constructed defence and play first-pairing minutes right away in his age 18 season. If any D prospect in the last while is going to be actually able to do it I guess it would be him but I don't think that's putting him in a position to succeed. While I assume Sergachev isn't on Dahlin's level he was only playing sheltered minutes this year at 19 and doing well like he did in even those type of minutes is pretty damn rare for 19-year-olds, never mind guys who are 18.
Oilers winning is the Tired Sequel option

Comedy option is the Isles winning with the Flames pick.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Islanders getting the top two picks with the Oilers getting the 3rd. Then Chiapet rages and trades RNH, Nurse and the 3rd pick to the Islanders for Cal Clutterbuck and some scrubs no one really cares about.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I just read some dude's posts in the TB/Cancer thread which makes me think it's time for another extended break from this site. Or at least retreat into the pro-sports thread bubbles.

The 'Imma software engineer and I think cancer research needs me and my ideas to find a cure. The doctors working on it aren't motivated, so they need Elon Musk. Also, I blame religion for us not having cured it yet' ones, if anyone else saw that thread.

I saw that post, very strange take.

On the lottery: I hope Arizona wins because then it will still be a few years before Dahlen is on a competitive team (when Arizona can't afford to sign him after his ELC and he walks)

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Lottery bitches! I'm almost as excited about this as I am the Jets next game, Dahlin is so fucking good he'll change the course of not only his team but the division he's in.

So again, please no Central teams. Ideally he goes to the East, Buffalo has suffered enough they could use him. Or Vancouver or Ottawa would be OK.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Lottery bitches! I'm almost as excited about this as I am the Jets next game, Dahlin is so fucking good he'll change the course of not only his team but the division he's in.

So again, please no Central teams. Ideally he goes to the East, Buffalo has suffered enough they could use him. Or Vancouver or Ottawa would be OK.
Chicago is East enough right?

OP
OP
Solo

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War was a ton of fun, but man, what an ultimately meaningless movie it is with 0 stakes.

samyy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I am too. Better them than any of the other teams near the top. And no one near the bottom deserves to jump up that far; screw you Philly and Dallas.... and Winnipeg

Yea exactly, i also really like Vancouver-era in general so I want to see them be happy for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.