• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017
Hoffman is involved with some psycho for sure. No team should even entertain dealing with that baggage.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
That was purely to save money for Melnyk, Gaborik makes less and is easier on the wallet to buy out.

I thought the savings were minimal at best? And if the Kings wanted Phaneuf and wanted to dump Gaborik's contract, you'd think they would sweeten the deal. But it really seemed like a wash for both sides.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
It never made any sense why the Sens were looking to trade Hoffman in the first place. This clears that up, wonder how it impacts any current ongoing talks they have with teams regarding a trade for him.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
texas doesn't deserve to be in this game

yet somehow the marlies decided to be about as stupid one can be

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
I thought the savings were minimal at best? And if the Kings wanted Phaneuf and wanted to dump Gaborik's contract, you'd think they would sweeten the deal. But it really seemed like a wash for both sides.

Yeah, people keep saying that it 'saves $5 million', but it's over the course of 3+ years. I don't think that's even 2% of the cap. Not only was it basically a wash financially, it made the sens worse going into a year where they won't have their first round pick.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
How the heck did the Sens let this drag on to this point?

They should have definitely taken what was offered at the deadline

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to make a joke about Poile getting Hoffman and trying to spin it just like he did with noted good guy Mike Ribeiro, but then I remembered that the ghost of Turris is here so that definitely wouldn't fly.

Sens need to get rid of him ASAP, but who the hell wants to deal with that bullshit?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how the team knew about this and let it escalate when it involves your franchise player as the victim. You trade Hoffman in an instant to resolve the issue.

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear
Shit. I was hoping it would just be anonymous manbabies rather than someone they personally knew, but it seems like other people were aware of the harassment.

Oct 25, 2017
Cake and Sens Era are welcome at the sanctuary of the DALÉ Llama. You'll find much familiar to crowd sizes and losing...but Luongo is there

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
JESUS. The Senators organization sucks.

Who the hell would want Hoffman now? Boston?

Based on the Turris tweet, it sounds like the Karlssons wanted this kept low profile, so I'm not so sure the sens are necessarily playing this wrong.

That said, given how they're handling the Lee situation, I probably shouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
They could have took the best offer at the trade deadline and kept a low profile. They waited too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.