• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
I double checked and the line is that she's going to check on Yonah's village, not that Yonah herself is there. I'm not saying she's definitely dead yet, but it's pretty ambiguous.
Just finished the gane
Question
if I ignore the gaurd or even saved him, can i go to the village?
I went to the junk heao and it was closed, apparently machines are creating them self.
So can i enter the village?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the gane
Question
if I ignore the gaurd or even saved him, can i go to the village?
I went to the junk heao and it was closed, apparently machines are creating them self.
So can i enter the village?

I know I tried after saving the guard and couldn't, so I don't think you can by ignoring him.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 98% of quests at the ending of Route B. Is there a hidden quest in Route C-E to finish the 2%?
Nope, you can finish it in Route B, I'm going to take a stab and guess that you're missing the one found in the Forest of Myth, you'll find a fortune teller there with a quest in which you'll have to the rooftop of the Lost Shrine, get the quest item from there and head back down (cumbersome, I know, but a quicker way is entering the Shadowlord's castle and having Devola and Popola send you back down.) Go back and have her read your fortune to complete it. Alternatively, you can get the quest item and keep it on you, then when you're back near the endgame in the next route, you can go to the Forest and finish the quest

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Nope, you can finish it in Route B, I'm going to take a stab and guess that you're missing the one found in the Forest of Myth, you'll find a fortune teller there with a quest in which you'll have to the rooftop of the Lost Shrine, get the quest item from there and head back down (cumbersome, I know, but a quicker way is entering the Shadowlord's castle and having Devola and Popola send you back down.) Go back and have her read your fortune to complete it. Alternatively, you can get the quest item and keep it on you, then when you're back near the endgame in the next route, you can go to the Forest and finish the quest

I got that one, lol. Is there any way to double check? Devola has none as well

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I feel like I didn't see a lot of buzz around this release. Was there much here to make it worthwhile for someone that already beat the original 100%? Changes, new content etc?

It's a great game but getting the true ending was a lot of effort and I'm not sure I want to do it again.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I didn't see a lot of buzz around this release. Was there much here to make it worthwhile for someone that already beat the original 100%? Changes, new content etc?

It's a great game but getting the true ending was a lot of effort and I'm not sure I want to do it again.

Brother Nier as the protagonist and all the context changes that brings (the plot itself is the same but the character interactions are much different), a new combat system that's a lot slicker while still remaining grounded with new advanced mechanics like parries and charges, and two instances in the storyline that restore cut content from the original game told in Grimoire NieR as well as new story sequences that flesh the characters out a bit more on Route B and C.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Weiss ValKiryuSonicEX
Found the missibg quest, it was this one:

Shadows of the Desert
  • Obtained: Speak to the masked person standing near the Ferry in the Desert - but only after acquiring the Sacrifice Key Fragment in the story and completed The Missing Girl in Part 1. Keep in mind, this quest doesn't appear in Grimoire Weiss until after it is completed.
  • Sidequest Guide: After speaking to the girl near the boat, if you leave and re-enter the desert you'll now find the woman in front of Facade. Try entering the desert fro, Facade to get her to show. Leave and re-enter the area again, and talk to her one last time. She'll turn into a shade, and spawn a bunch of friends. Defeat them all.
  • Reward: 30,000 Gold

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weiss ValKiryuSonicEX
Found the missibg quest, it was this one:

Shadows of the Desert
  • Obtained: Speak to the masked person standing near the Ferry in the Desert - but only after acquiring the Sacrifice Key Fragment in the story and completed The Missing Girl in Part 1. Keep in mind, this quest doesn't appear in Grimoire Weiss until after it is completed.
  • Sidequest Guide: After speaking to the girl near the boat, if you leave and re-enter the desert you'll now find the woman in front of Facade. Try entering the desert fro, Facade to get her to show. Leave and re-enter the area again, and talk to her one last time. She'll turn into a shade, and spawn a bunch of friends. Defeat them all.
  • Reward: 30,000 Gold

Ah, yeah, that'd be another obscure one.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished ending A! *slow clap*....loved it!!! I mean it did this shit in 2010 but can't remember the endings (yeah yeah whateva old man lol) Really excited for the next playthroughs and to expand the story. This is quickly rising in the rankings of my favorite games. I'm so happy they remade this and gave me another chance to experience this.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
Finally took some time last weekend to farm the last words I needed, I'm now done! 100% of all words collected.
I have then directly gone to do Ending E, which was quite interesting.

Just need to do a speedrun of the game for the last trophy and I'm done.

Though I'll wait for after I finally get Demon's Souls' platinum trophy to do so because I want DeS to be my overall 100th Platinum.
I have delayed getting the platinum trophy on a few games just to set this up :D

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whew! Just finished it and got my plat. Really enjoyed it and think they did a great job semi-remaking this game. Ending E was pretty fantastic and left me wondering how I ever felt content with the original ending D. I have no idea where the series is gonna go next but I'll be there.

Then I combed through the thread to check out as many Ending E spoiler posts as I could find...
CluelessGiantAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Kaine was rather fun to play as, however brief it may have been. She should've been given more moments like that throughout the game.

I'm really glad I played Automata for the first time right before this, because it definitely helped bridge some gaps and somewhat explain the robot shenanigans happening.

I'll never be able to see a giant white flower without having scary Drakengard 3 final rhythm battle flashbacks. I'm still not entirely sure what conclusions to draw from that possible reference...

I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't grown Nier who was brought back, but it wouldn't have been the exact same Nier anyway I suppose. It's rather depressing thinking about the fact that this isn't the Nier that lived through that entire experience with them, but it's certainly less depressing than having his entire existence and all memory of him purged forever, so I'll accept it lol.

What % of the weapons do you need at the end of route B to move on to Route C proper?

I don't think there's a weapon requirement to start route C. I think you just need 100% by the end of route C to access its ending.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Whew! Just finished it and got my plat. Really enjoyed it and think they did a great job semi-remaking this game. Ending E was pretty fantastic and left me wondering how I ever felt content with the original ending D. I have no idea where the series is gonna go next but I'll be there.

Then I combed through the thread to check out as many Ending E spoiler posts as I could find...
CluelessGiantAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Kaine was rather fun to play as, however brief it may have been. She should've been given more moments like that throughout the game.

I'm really glad I played Automata for the first time right before this, because it definitely helped bridge some gaps and somewhat explain the robot shenanigans happening.

I'll never be able to see a giant white flower without having scary Drakengard 3 final rhythm battle flashbacks. I'm still not entirely sure what conclusions to draw from that possible reference...

I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't grown Nier who was brought back, but it wouldn't have been the exact same Nier anyway I suppose. It's rather depressing thinking about the fact that this isn't the Nier that lived through that entire experience with them, but it's certainly less depressing than having his entire existence and all memory of him purged forever, so I'll accept it lol.

I don't think there's a weapon requirement to start route C. I think you just need 100% by the end of route C to access its ending.

Ok, sweet, ty.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
so, finally fhinished the game with all ending and all achievments
an oh my god
that new ending, it's so worth it.

but i have a question

so, the geastalt project is to sepearte the human souls then attaches them to the Replicants body, right?
then what, they will came back with no issue?
that's mean, yonah was the first one to came back, however her body effected by sun light, so what was the point?
what if the black scroll came back to that body? how even the shadow lord cured the black scroll?

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
an oh my god

but i have a question

so, the geastalt project is to sepearte the human souls then attaches them to the Replicants body, right?
that's mean, yonah was the first one to came back, however her body effected by sun light, so what was the point?
what if the black scroll came back to that body? how even the shadow lord cured the black scroll?

I think the initial idea was
that they could could reunite with no issues. But since Replicants had gained sentience, many would not be happy bodysnatching like Yonah. Also, gestalt Yonah was not affected by the sunlight until she separated from Replicant Yonah. At least, that's how it appears to me. They don't really explain how the Shadow Lord thing works at all I think... other than him being able to touch the book and not go crazy made it possible for others to do the same.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
an oh my god

but i have a question

For what I understand Yonah didn't really fused back with her body but simply possessed it. She was relapsing anyway so wasn't it too late for her anyway?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I am home.

Anyone attempted to search for the secret or you left it at what we knew ?

I may make a spreadsheet.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
hmm, i found save editor for the PC
it let you do...many thing like

RaXPTzV.png

yah, i was thinking to use it to play as papa neir (but it looks like it make me play as the original nier)

GAMEDATA Editor

Website to edit your NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 GAMEDATA files easily

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
prologue neir, i've tried geastalt neir, but it gives me young neir, and when enter or exit any area it return to adult neir)

E20YrMSWEAc_OTJ

edit: yah, it's just for the current area, when you have big load it will change back, like transport to another area or entering new area.
kaine and geastalt doesn't work.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
hmm, i found save editor for the PC
it let you do...many thing like

RaXPTzV.png

yah, i was thinking to use it to play as papa neir (but it looks like it make me play as the original nier)

GAMEDATA Editor

Website to edit your NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 GAMEDATA files easily
I used this to get the requirement for Endings C and D. Didn't want to jump through the hoops to get them normally.

Only Ending E left now. Replaying the game yet again...

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
I used this to get the requirement for Endings C and D. Didn't want to jump through the hoops to get them normally.

yah, i didn't find a way to change the time, so i replayed the whole game from the start.
but i used a trainer to speed up the game (it will also speed up the clock, but it's better then wasting hours)

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
Finished(for rEal) this yesterday. Game really picked up after the halfway point and kept it up on subsequent playthroughs. I did play on easy so it was a bit mindless between story bits but that's honestly how I like to play these games.
Regarding ending E:
Don't know if it's realy gone into it in any other media, but Kaine is still a replicant right? No black scrawl after 3 years? Can it be assumed that since this Kaine and later Nier werent made from/as vessels for their specific gestalts they wouldn't be affected by it?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Hey, while you're doing E, when you get control, please visit the bridge that leads to the junkheap.

There's supposed to be a lunar tear somewhere.

I can't be arsed replaying again to re-get E.

So please record footage if you can or at least a screenshot so I can see where it is. (I need it to test the secret code stuff)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, while you're doing E, when you get control, please visit the bridge that leads to the junkheap.

So please record footage if you can or at least a screenshot so I can see where it is. (I need it to test the secret code stuff)
I'll try, but I don't think I've found a single lunar tear in the game at all so far lol.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Finished(for rEal) this yesterday. Game really picked up after the halfway point and kept it up on subsequent playthroughs. I did play on easy so it was a bit mindless between story bits but that's honestly how I like to play these games.
Regarding ending E:
Don't know if it's realy gone into it in any other media, but Kaine is still a replicant right? No black scrawl after 3 years? Can it be assumed that since this Kaine and later Nier werent made from/as vessels for their specific gestalts they wouldn't be affected by it?
This is just speculation on my part but I think Kaine, Nier, and Yonah are okay from the scrawl. The problem is I think the rest of the world is doomed. Presumably there will be too many shades in the near future that will ravage the planet.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Found it.

It's right next to the ladder you take to get to the Junk Heap.
d23cLym.jpg

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Np, though the context of that gif makes me a bit scared lol.

So I got Ending E, and while I liked this route, overall I still feel like this game should really have been a VN or something. I love the story and the characters, but I've never played a game that felt like it hated me so much. I love everything about this game EXCEPT for playing it.

It's like if Yoko Taro invited you to dinner, and you find the venue is lovely, but the food itself tastes fucking awful and your portion is big enough to feed four people. But you're a guest, so you feel like you shouldn't say anything. And because it's Yoko Taro, you can't tell if he's being genuine or if he's fucking with you.

I'm also a bit put off by how many of the endings don't seem to give much closure. Are some loose plot threads supposed to be tied up better by some sidequest lore that I missed, or by supplementary materials? I could have also just straight up misinterpreted some stuff because I usually played this very late at night.

- I don't remember seeing a direct link between shades and the Black Scrawl anywhere in the main story path of the game. It established that shades are the souls of people and Replicants are the bodies for those people, but I don't think the game mentioned the Black Scrawl much at all post-timeskip. So in all of the endings, you get happily reunited with Yonah, but I was just like "but what about the Black Scrawl?" every time it happened. The story just sidelined that whole Black Scrawl problem in favor of this single-minded "get Yonah back" plotline.
- It kind of sucks how most of the information about Project Gestalt was given in those pages that you have to look through yourself. It clashes with the pacing of the game because your character never has a time where he would realistically stop and look through those documents.
- Devola and Popola's explanation of their motivations was overly brief and light on details, which clashed with their desire to not fight you. They didn't want to fight you, but also didn't put much effort into avoiding a fight. It's like the story couldn't decide between making them sympathetic antagonists or moustache-twirling villains, especially when Devola laughed like a villain in one moment maybe a few minutes before she sounded super reluctant about the whole thing.
- Because I played Automata first, I knew Devola and Popola's betrayal was coming, but I expected it to be way worse than it was, given how the two were treated in Automata. From what I half-remember in Automata, I was under the impression that they basically sold out humanity, but that doesn't seem to be what they actually did. They were just trying to fulfill their duty to continue Project Gestalt, even at the cost of the Replicants' newfound humanity, and they were ultimately at least partly right because Project Gestalt was the only way to preserve the human race in the long term. Nier's choice to kill his Gestalt self to get Yonah back at all costs is what destroyed humanity.
- Why was Grimoire Noir spouting comic book villain lines from beginning to end? I have no idea where those Noir and Weiss came from, and how they linked into the story, aside from that they were part of Project Gestalt in some way.
- One of the passwords leading into the final area of the game ("downfall of humanity? > because of a black disease") made me think that the black scrawl was a thing before Project Gestalt, when a quick trip to the wiki says that's not true.

I think I'm going to need to spend a lot of time looking through wikis and lore discussions to fill in the blanks I have on the story. Overall I like the story, I'm not really sure if it was worth the amount of time spent to get the endings.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I got Ending E, and while I liked this route, overall I still feel like this game should really have been a VN or something. I love the story and the characters, but I've never played a game that felt like it hated me so much. I love everything about this game EXCEPT for playing it.

This is so accurate to how I feel about the game lmao

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Feeling that way about some side content, obscure game designs that you have to figure out on your own to enjoy it, and the third repeat, is understandable.

As a whole ? Fuck no tbh. It's pretty insulting to the whole team.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know it's not a nice thing to say about the devs, and I feel bad about it because obviously people put in a lot of work to make all this content. I'm not trying to insult the devs, but the game is very frustrating to play.

My problem is that the most of the game's content isn't interesting enough to merit the amount of time you spend in it, and a lot of the design decisions are baffling because they actually get in the way of enjoying the game. There's no reason why those minecarts need to move so slowly. There's no reason why that "follow the NPC" sequence has that NPC run so slowly and have Weiss bother you every time you take two steps away from her, after you've already spent like 15 minutes following her around in a separate sequence right before. There's no good reason why you need to replay the exact same dungeons and sequences over and over so many times, especially the Lost Shrine. They just feel like the game decided to tell you to do those things again for no reason, and it feels like a waste of time as a result.

A lot of the game's design decisions feel outdated at best, and at worst they sometimes feel like they're deliberately thrown in to fuck with you.

The red bag guy + ship quest where you have to run back and forth between towns like four times fits in here. The game is completely aware that the quest is tedious because Weiss has voice lines that say exactly what you're thinking. And yet you have to do it anyway. So this must be some sort of tongue-in-cheek joke about game design right? That's fine and amusing as a short nod, but the joke goes on to completely overstay its welcome because you have to do exactly the same quest again like three more times. So then at best, the game is telling the same joke of making you suffer through a quest that it knows is bad, three times over.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It's like if Yoko Taro invited you to dinner, and you find the venue is lovely, but the food itself tastes fucking awful and your portion is big enough to feed four people. But you're a guest, so you feel like you shouldn't say anything. And because it's Yoko Taro, you can't tell if he's being genuine or if he's fucking with you.

I'm also a bit put off by how many of the endings don't seem to give much closure. Are some loose plot threads supposed to be tied up better by some sidequest lore that I missed, or by supplementary materials? I could have also just straight up misinterpreted some stuff because I usually played this very late at night.

- I don't remember seeing a direct link between shades and the Black Scrawl anywhere in the main story path of the game. It established that shades are the souls of people and Replicants are the bodies for those people, but I don't think the game mentioned the Black Scrawl much at all post-timeskip. So in all of the endings, you get happily reunited with Yonah, but I was just like "but what about the Black Scrawl?" every time it happened. The story just sidelined that whole Black Scrawl problem in favor of this single-minded "get Yonah back" plotline.
- It kind of sucks how most of the information about Project Gestalt was given in those pages that you have to look through yourself. It clashes with the pacing of the game because your character never has a time where he would realistically stop and look through those documents.
- Devola and Popola's explanation of their motivations was overly brief and light on details, which clashed with their desire to not fight you. They didn't want to fight you, but also didn't put much effort into avoiding a fight. It's like the story couldn't decide between making them sympathetic antagonists or moustache-twirling villains, especially when Devola laughed like a villain in one moment maybe a few minutes before she sounded super reluctant about the whole thing.
- Because I played Automata first, I knew Devola and Popola's betrayal was coming, but I expected it to be way worse than it was, given how the two were treated in Automata. From what I half-remember in Automata, I was under the impression that they basically sold out humanity, but that doesn't seem to be what they actually did. They were just trying to fulfill their duty to continue Project Gestalt, even at the cost of the Replicants' newfound humanity, and they were ultimately at least partly right because Project Gestalt was the only way to preserve the human race in the long term. Nier's choice to kill his Gestalt self to get Yonah back at all costs is what destroyed humanity.
- Why was Grimoire Noir spouting comic book villain lines from beginning to end? I have no idea where those Noir and Weiss came from, and how they linked into the story, aside from that they were part of Project Gestalt in some way.
- One of the passwords leading into the final area of the game ("downfall of humanity? > because of a black disease") made me think that the black scrawl was a thing before Project Gestalt, when a quick trip to the wiki says that's not true.

I think I'm going to need to spend a lot of time looking through wikis and lore discussions to fill in the blanks I have on the story. Overall I like the story, I'm not really sure if it was worth the amount of time spent to get the endings.
Even though I think it's a great game, to a certain extent I can't disagree, and that's kind of how I feel about his games in general. I feel like the grinding, trollish elements and repeated playthroughs are meant to complement the despair and trauma that the story puts you and its characters through so that you're as emotionally exhausted as possible and pondering the meaning of life by the time you're done. Then you wait for the next game and whatever suffering it brings lol.
As far as the whole thing about Devola and Popola not actually being as evil as Automata implied, that's kinda the point and what makes it tragic. They were basically given an impossible mission from the start, and the world doesn't care how or why they failed, all they care about is that they failed and they're an easy scapegoat to direct their hatred at, even their other "sisters" who had nothing to do with it.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I think it's a great game, to a certain extent I can't disagree, and that's kind of how I feel about his games in general. I feel like the grinding, trollish elements and repeated playthroughs are meant to complement the despair and trauma that the story puts you and its characters through so that you're as emotionally exhausted as possible and pondering the meaning of life by the time you're done. Then you wait for the next game and whatever suffering it brings lol.
As far as the whole thing about Devola and Popola not actually being as evil as Automata implied, that's kinda the point and what makes it tragic. They were basically given an impossible mission from the start, and the world doesn't care how or why they failed, all they care about is that they failed and they're an easy scapegoat to direct their hatred at, even their other "sisters" who had nothing to do with it.
Yeah, the idea that the tedium and general air of hopelessness is at least partly intentional has crossed my mind too, but that too goes on long after it's made its point.

I enjoyed Automata a lot more than Replicant because I think its story is structured much better. Even though Automata had its share of repetitive moments and tedium, I accepted it as a good but flawed game. With Replicant, by the last few endings I was constantly wondering if the game was just fucking with me.

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
Finished ending B! Loved the extra bits.

for endings C-E:

I already have all weapons. Is there anything non-spoilery I need to know to make sure I trigger the next endings, or is it just a matter of playing along and it will all be obvious/unmissable?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Finished ending B! Loved the extra bits.

for endings C-E:

I already have all weapons. Is there anything non-spoilery I need to know to make sure I trigger the next endings, or is it just a matter of playing along and it will all be obvious/unmissable?
Ending-wise, I think the game checks if you have all weapons right before you enter the final room, so you're good there. That's how you go from ending b to endings c/d.

I used this Google doc, which lists what differences to look out for after you finish ending b.

So I was thinking a bit more about the extra scenes in the last few endings and I have a few more questions.

in one of the scenes between Devola and Popola after you leave, they mention that the Shadowlord is going rogue and not cooperating with the plan. What do they mean by that?

In another scene, they mentioned that they had basically recruited Louise for something to coerce the shadowlord somehow? What was that about?

They also mentioned that Louise could not become human because she didn't have a port? Do they mean that she doesn't have a replicant form to go back to?

Last edited:

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
Ending-wise, I think the game checks if you have all weapons right before you enter the final room, so you're good there. That's how you go from ending b to endings c/d.

I used this Google doc, which lists what differences to look out for after you finish ending b.

So I was thinking a bit more about the extra scenes in the last few endings and I have a few more questions.

in one of the scenes between Devola and Popola after you leave, they mention that the Shadowlord is going rogue and not cooperating with the plan. What do they mean by that?

In another scene, they mentioned that they had basically recruited Louise for something to coerce the shadowlord somehow? What was that about?

They also mentioned that Louise could not become human because she didn't have a port? Do they mean that she doesn't have a replicant form to go back to?

Neat, thank you! Sounds like there's no risk of repeating endings for me, then.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Just beat Ending A.

I got emotional at several points of the closing acts, which I found surprising because the journey wasn't all that long with each of the characters (16 hours with minimal side quests). Contrast that with my utter antipathy about the characters in Ghost of Tsushima despite 40+ hours in that game leaves me kind of perplexed.

Maybe it's the anime-over-the-top nature of the story that hits me deeper? Or the amazing soundtrack really adding to the scenes?

Regardless of the reason(s), I'm excited to continue with the rest of the play throughs.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat the game. Was pleasantly surprised by much new stuff was added throughout the whole game. Clocked a little over 80 hours total on hard.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Ending A.

I got emotional at several points of the closing acts, which I found surprising because the journey wasn't all that long with each of the characters (16 hours with minimal side quests). Contrast that with my utter antipathy about the characters in Ghost of Tsushima despite 40+ hours in that game leaves me kind of perplexed.

Maybe it's the anime-over-the-top nature of the story that hits me deeper? Or the amazing soundtrack really adding to the scenes?

Regardless of the reason(s), I'm excited to continue with the rest of the play throughs.
The game does a really good job of growing its characters somehow. They don't really have that much screen time or exposition, but somehow I ended up liking all of them a lot more than I thought I would. Maybe it's a combination of the writing and great voice acting.

Kaine really surprised me because it's so easy to roll your eyes at yet another half-dressed woman in a video game, but her character is portrayed really well. Her personality shone through so well that I stopped thinking about her outfit really quickly.

Her VA's delivery of "I like it" in response to one of Emil's lines was perfect lol.