• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Over in the announcement thread various people have been comparing footage/screens of the collection to the PS3 version and Vita version, and the footage seems to be a match for the downgraded Vita version.

If you check out the announcement trailer:

At 0:05 - 0:07 you'll see a boss fight from Sigma 1. If you compare it to footage of the fight on PS3 and Vita, it's clearly not PS3 Assets. Look at the environmental textures especially.

See PS3 @ 42:00 from comparison:

Also as pointed out by BrunOz in the other thread, a screenshot comparison:

vjrgodv.jpg

1l0KXT5.jpg

V9K6ft9.jpg

gb2hLDO.jpg

Just so people are aware since preorders are open at this point. Between this and the interview the other day stating that the source code for NG/NG Black/NGII is lost, I assume the same is true for the original Ninja Gaiden Sigma. But they haven't really been upfront about Sigma specifically.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
wth??
That's shitty

So even the original sigma games are better than this collection. How do they keep downgrading these games?

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've done similar stuff to this in the past with some of their ports on PC. Like the STEAM version of One Piece Pirate Warrior 3 using VITA assets. So I wouldn't be surprised.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds about right with current TN. A shame how they basically killed both Ninja Garden and the DOA series with their awful handling and half assedness

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
yeah... I think I'll pass on this.

oh well, I still have NG2 on 360 and I can pick up NG Black too.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible that's the case just for Switch since footage posted in op is from a Nintendo Direct?
Or is there evidence of this for all platforms?
In any case I doubt I'm going to buy this collection unless it's sold at a steep discount. A sequel done well might be interesting.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming they probably went with the Vita version over the PS3 because it had trophy support. Still not much of an excuse.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I was already disappointed when they announced the Sigma versions and now they are even putting the worse Sigma version?

No thanks Tecmo Koei.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible that's the case just for Switch since footage posted in op is from a Nintendo Direct?
In any case I doubt I'm going to buy this collection unless it's sold at a steep discount. A sequel done well might be interesting.
Those screenshots are from the announcement, they are not supposed to be specific to the Switch version

www.gematsu.com

Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Team Ninja have announced Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch on June 10 worldwide.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Switch should be more than capable of handling a PS3 port

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't the Vita version have some bonus mode or something? I remember they mentioned that content being in the collection so I assumed it was always the version used here due to that

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I like Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

(On Vita)

What's even more amusing is that they appear to not be including the blood that they added back into the Vita version of NGS2+.

What a weird Frankenstein's monster of a release.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is going to be a hard pass. I'll stick with Black and NG2 via BC on Xbox.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
If we buy the source code explanation, maybe the vita versions are the source code they still have lying around was the easiest to scale for all platforms the collection is releasing on. Still disappointing that they aren't going all out for this remaster collection, this should have been the definitive release of the games.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Emulation to the rescue. This package is too little, too late. Not going to bother picking it up anymore.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Disappointing. I'll still get it though. Need my Ninja Gaiden fix on PC.

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
That might mean it has the Hero Mode then? Casuals like me could do with that, but I definitely shouldn't be the target audience here lol

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
It's weird. I wonder if the assets were lost here too. Still getting it though.

is Sigma 2 the ps3 version? It looks similar but I don't know for sure.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Even Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox One X emu looks better with higher res textures for environments and characters. Ryu's arm even has more poly's than the vita remaster.

ngbvitah1ks5.png

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
They're up-ressing a handheld version of the game instead of the ps3 version……but how?? Why bother