Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
ninjala-switch-hero.jpg

Release Date: 6/24/2020
Prce: F2P (Singleplayer Chapter 1 - $9.99)
Eshop Page: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ninjala-switch/

MP Gameplay & Modes:
Ninja-Gum
Use Ninja-Gum to blow bubbles that can be tossed at your foes, craft all sorts of weapons, and dash across stages.
The appearance and variety of your weapon will vary depending on the type of Ninja-Gum you use.

Competitive Player
Take part in Battle Royale-style matches of up to 8 players and vie for supremacy with ninja around the world. The player who earns the most points over the course of the match will be declared the winner. Score points by defeating your opponents, obtaining items, destroying drones positioned across the stage, and more. Earn extra points by taking down your opponents with an IPPON—impressive finishing techniques.

Cooperative Play
Join up with friends and take part in a 4-on-4 team battle. Cooperate with your teammates and earn more points than the opposing team to be declared the winner.

A colorful variety of costumes and accessories from an array of unique fashion brands are available. Choose from a wide variety of avatar items which can be combined as you see fit. You can stick to one brand for a consistent look, or mix and match to create a style all your own!

Singleplayer Story Pack One Content
Complete ninja missions to earn a host of special items!
Story Mode is a single-player mode that can be experienced offline.
Enjoy a tale of ninja intrigue told through dynamic graphic novel-style cut scenes and intense action sequences. In the action sequences, you'll track down and do battle with sinister space ninja along with other missions. The final stage features a thrilling battle against a giant robot that will test your ninja skills to the max!

■ Special Items
The Ninjala Story Pack: Chapter One will give players the opportunity to earn exclusive rewards not obtainable anywhere else.
■ The Story
Van is a ninja-in-training, who spends his days carrying out the missions assigned to him by his master.
One day as he was going about his duties, he caught wind of a shocking kidnapping incident.
Convinced that it was the work of the dastardly space ninja, Van's master tasks him with the duty of rescuing the missing children and returning peace to the city.

Launch Trailer:

Screenshots:

chara01_pc.png

Last edited:

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the SP content, too bad it's not available until servers wake up. Guess I'll play after I sleep.

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
I played a bit of the beta. There's a training area - make sure to use that before getting into the PVP.

You have various weapons and they have their own load-outs, like with Splatoon, but the actual game plays very different. There's quite a few moves and movement options, so don't get deterred after the first couple of games.

The actual game looks quite nice graphically and runs at 60 fps. I didn't play a ton of it, but my initial impression is it seemed pretty fun. The online seemed to run well too, that is as long as the servers don't get overloaded like they did in the first Beta.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah when the servers were working during the beta the game ran like butter.

Does the single player include the battle pass or is that a separate purchase?

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're a kid now, you're a ninja now
Ni-ni-ni-ni-ni-ni-ni-ni-Ninjala!

Edit 1: Well, there is the Ninja Bang Bang:

Edit 2: Wait. How does all the lore fit together?

So there is Van:

But also the scientists that created the gum:

I hope they keep releasing these shorts...

Last edited:

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to jumping in! Had a lot of fun during the beta when I could get matches in. Already bought the story pack, will probably buy the battle pass too.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
$5??
I'm guessing its super barebones at that price, but why not? I'll bite.

All the gameplay shown looked rad as well, and I remember impressions being pretty positive from the beta

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
2gb install as well! Love a nice small install size for these kind of games, makes it easier to just leave it on there and fire it up from time to time

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So does the online work well now

Tried the beta out and the gameplay seemed neat but I literally could not get into a match no matter how many times I tried

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I didn't really like was the bigger maps but those are likely better for team play than free for all.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I guess I'm downloading this

Interested in seeing if the Single Player is any good

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I'll definitely be trying this out with my wife and friends (the latter if I can bother them enough into booting it up). Love the style, even if (especially since?) it is obviously heavily influenced by Splatoon.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I can't get this in The Netherlands because of the microtransactions. No big deal, but I can't even get the single player portion because of this, which would be the only part I'm interested in. There's also no way for me to buy it in another country since I don't have a creditcard.

What a dumb situation. This should be fixed asap on Nintendo's end.

Oct 25, 2017
It's time to kick butt and chew bubblegum!
(and there's plenty of gum!)

^ This should have been the OT. Missed op.
... Then again, we keep comparing it to Splatoon, so...

Anyway, I'm interested in trying more of this game after the beta. Preloaded and ready.

EDIT: $5 for single player? Nice!

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Hated Splatoon and its paint based gameplay but this looks right up in my alley. Will check the game and the SP DLC out later today. I hope they'll do lots of promotional collaborations (I'm aware of Sonic thing).

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I can't get this in The Netherlands because of the microtransactions. No big deal, but I can't even get the single player portion because of this, which would be the only part I'm interested in. There's also no way for me to buy it in another country since I don't have a creditcard.

What a dumb situation. This should be fixed asap on Nintendo's end.
See if you can get in contact with Nintendo and ask about your situation.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Will be a fun game to play right now before the hardcore players adapt to the game and ruin the experience for a basic gamer such as myself.