Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Oh hey there is an OT. I was wondering since I hadn't seen one earlier today and there's been virtually zero discussion on the board here about the game from the moment the second beta period ended.

There's potential in this game, I feel, but it might take a couple of updates for it to get there. I'm also really, really hoping that the release product does a better job of explaining some of the moves and systems with ingame tutorials more than the beta did. What they showed you before letting you jump directly into matches was pretty barebones and I think it left a lot of players with poor, confused impressions after endless parry clashes.

Teach people how and when to use break attacks and the evade-dash, dammit!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I was a little confused by what was going on in the beta but I still did pretty well in both playtests and I'm excited to play more when the servers go up. Nice to see the single player mode is so cheap as well, I'll definitely pick it up.

Also, I can't wait to unlock and equip the datamined song about twerking and pole dancing.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Timer:
t1593050400z4.png

Didn't get a chance to play the beta, looking forward to trying this out

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
See if you can get in contact with Nintendo and ask about your situation.
I actually might. I know it's not a first party Nintendo game, but there should be something they could do, right? They're the ones not uploading it to the eShop (Pokémon Masters and Dragalia Lost aren't available here either), even though tons of other lootbox-ridden games continue to be available. At least give us a singleplayer-only version and just cut out the multiplayer stuff.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I actually might. I know it's not a first party Nintendo game, but there should be something they could do, right? They're the ones not uploading it to the eShop (Pokémon Masters and Dragalia Lost aren't available here either), even though tons of other lootbox-ridden games continue to be available. At least give us a singleplayer-only version and just cut out the multiplayer stuff.
But if it's against the local laws, then there's not much you can do, but to switch to a different region and try again?

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to seeing how this shakes out. Enjoyed the beta well enough.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Why do you think Nintendo has anything to do with this? They can't force a third party publisher to release a game in a certain region.

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to just switch regions and buy stuff via gift cards, the only big issue is that you need a zero balance to switch regions

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
How did they get Pusha T for this game????
Bruh, like what is happening lol?

Song really isn't Pusha T, it's Mystikal - Shake it Fast.

Source of the datamine:

Looks like a character introduction BGM for someone who looks like a kid.

And there's another one:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Why do you think Nintendo has anything to do with this? They can't force a third party publisher to release a game in a certain region.

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to just switch regions and buy stuff via gift cards, the only big issue is that you need a zero balance to switch regions
I know it's not a first party Nintendo game, like I said, but there are still tons of lootbox-ridden games out there, like I said, and it's on a Nintendo platform. The game was even advertised in The Netherlands in a Nintendo Direct with Dutch subtitles, by Nintendo, but isn't available in the eShop. If FIFA can still sell FÜT packs, if Overwatch can sell lootboxes on the Switch, why can I not play Ninjala? Heck, why can I not play Ninjala's single player? I'm trying to play a Nintendo exclusive game on a Nintendo platform that should be available in Nintendo's store. Heck, the game is free to play. Just release it without access to the lootboxes, but with an option to buy the single player stuff, or release the single player stuff seperately.

And sure, I could Switch to the UK for example, but I don't know if there even are eShop cards that small, and I've already had a problem once in the early days of the Switch where I had a 0,01 cent balance so I couldn't switch back and it was a real hassle to get Nintendo to help me with that. Not looking forward to doing that again for a €5 single player game that should've been available in the first place.

delete12345 Lootboxes are only illegal in The Netherlands and Belgium when the items can be traded. I'm not sure if that's possible in Ninjala, but if it is an easy fix would be to just turn off the trading in these countries, and they can still release it here and even make money off of lootboxes. It's dumb.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
It's $5 at launch, $10 later. And it is just one of several chapters. IIRC each chapter will be purchased separately.
That makes players who can't purchase microtransactions way harder to buy these DLCs.

And sure, I could Switch to the UK for example, but I don't know if there even are eShop cards that small, and I've already had a problem once in the early days of the Switch where I had a 0,01 cent balance so I couldn't switch back and it was a real hassle to get Nintendo to help me with that. Not looking forward to doing that again for a €5 single player game that should've been available in the first place.

@delete12345 Lootboxes are only illegal in The Netherlands and Belgium when the items can be traded. I'm not sure if that's possible in Ninjala, but if it is an easy fix would be to just turn off the trading in these countries, and they can still release it here and even make money off of lootboxes. It's dumb.

Yeah, then I guess contacting Nintendo is your only option. Can't help much, sorry.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
If FIFA can still sell FÜT packs, if Overwatch can sell lootboxes on the Switch, why can I not play Ninjala?
Because the publisher (GungHo Online) doesn't think it's worth the risk, while EA and Activision-Blizzard do. Again, Nintendo has nothing do with this. Get in contact with GungHo, trying to contact Nintendo would be a waste of your time

Just release it without access to the lootboxes, but with an option to buy the single player stuff, or release the single player stuff seperately.
They would if they thought making a separate version of the game for a handful of countries would be economically viable

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
Is there any chat in this? Voice or text. My kid was interested, but I don't know anything about it.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Was under the impression I couldn't boot up the game till tomorrow, must have misread.

Anyhow interesting first game online... Not exactly sure how this bubblegum blocking works fully

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It is funny how even the very first input, pressing ZL+ZR on the title screen is suspiciously identical to Splatoon

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not buying another Switch.

I bought an extra Switch Lite just so when I wanna download a game I can have access to it. Now the 7yo is a a stones throw from being a hardcore gamer and I can't even get to that Switch.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I bought an extra Switch Lite just so when I wanna download a game I can have access to it. Now the 7yo is a a stones throw from being a hardcore gamer and I can't even get to that Switch.

Let me be the first to congratulate u on ur new switch :)

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I managed to play one round...which didn't count because the error messages cropped up as soon as the timer hit 0, and been error-booting back to the title screen ever since.

Which is...I guess what I expected given the overall server performance from prior beta sessions. They still just don't have the capacity for the game being fully global.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed at the variety of errors I'm getting for inital connection.
G-3-99
G-3-02
G-0-0047
G-0-0000
G-0-0059
G-0-6094898
"Connection error"

I'm already sick of the GungHo and Unreal logos.

Last edited:

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I bought the dlc thinking I could play that. Shouldn't have bothered been trying to play for 30 mins

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely don't understand this game, and the training grounds don't even seem to give you a bot to actually fight. It just stands there.

Lots of server issues as well.

Somebody attacks me and somewhere in the combo some directional arrows pop up and I have no idea what they mean. Sometimes somebody attacks me and I'm just stuck there being attacked until I'm dead.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I absolutely don't understand this game, and the training grounds don't even seem to give you a bot to actually fight. It just stands there.

Lots of server issues as well.

Somebody attacks me and somewhere in the combo some directional arrows pop up and I have no idea what they mean. Sometimes somebody attacks me and I'm just stuck there being attacked until I'm dead.

I think the arrows pop up because you and your opponent used the same attack at the same time which enters into a rock, paper, scissors type game to see who gets the hit in. If you're getting hit, you can try pressing ZL to parry or just L to dodge, I think.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I played two matches in between all the errors

I might try more later, but as of right now, I'm really not that big on it