• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Nintendo show at the Game Awards?

• Breath of the Wild 2 trailer

Votes: 540 47.2%
  • Definitely NOT Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 192 16.8%
  • Metroid (2D, Trilogy, whatever)

Votes: 278 24.3%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 422 36.9%
  • 5th Smash DLC (post specific character)

Votes: 589 51.5%
  • Third Party Exclusive

Votes: 136 11.9%
  • The Coward's Bet

Votes: 81 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
10% luck
20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure
50% pain
and 100% reason to remember the name

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Feeling pretty good about my Master Chief in Smash bet now.
51691.jpg

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
This is hard to pick. I could see any of those poll options happening. If I had to choose... Smash best fits the bill.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
After weeks of convincing myself it isn't going to show up, I'm gonna go with my heart. It's happening Team BotW 2

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Reggie walks out on stage. Wearing NOTHING. Except lederhosen.

He's also covered in Vaseline.

"Alright Geoff, time to settle our long-standing rivalry with some Turkish oil wrestling," he growls.

Geoff looks nervously at the camera.

"But Reggie, Vaseline doesn't count as oil," Geoff stutters, not having anticipated this particular challenge from Reggie.

"Destroy him, Reggie!" Miyamoto shouts from the audience.

"This is a tradition in my ancestral land of Haiti," Reggie explains.

"But... but it's Turkish."

"Talk is cheap, Geoff. Get over here."

The two continue talking like this for five minutes before Reggie relents. He shuffles off the stage, having announced nothing of import, and leaving a slimy trail of Vaseline that subsequent presenters slip on.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

"Alright Geoff, time to settle our long-standing rivalry with some Turkish oil wrestling," he growls.

"But Reggie, Vaseline doesn't count as oil," Geoff stutters, not having anticipated this particular challenge from Reggie.

The two continue talking like this for five minutes before Reggie relents. He shuffles off the stage, having announced nothing of import, and leaving a slimy trail of Vaseline that subsequent presenters slip on.
Bullshit.

Reggie would never relent.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Feel like Kojima should be the third wheel here

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
First BotW2 footage teased off screen again cause lol, first Bayo footage. Goku announced for Smash! Metroid a no show because it literally is starting from scratch will probably have at least a 3 year cycle

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017

BAH GOD THAT'S PHIL SPENCER'S MUSIC

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I´m going with Smash character + something else, hoping that something else means Bayo3/NMH3 or BoTW 2.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pls... Geoff and Nintendo... I beg you... I need a BOTW 2 trailer...

I really NEED it.

I'm in fear that we might not see it... I have that gut feeling... I hope it's wrong...

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Kos-Mos reveal for Smash Ultimate

Nintendo usually has a maximum of three announcements. The first two are safe speculation whilst Kos-Mos being a fighter for Smash Ultimate gives us a secondary Bandai Namco representative.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Kos-Mos reveal for Smash Ultimate

Nintendo usually has a maximum of three announcements. The first two are safe speculation whilst Kos-Mos being a fighter for Smash Ultimate gives us a secondary Bandai Namco representative.
I thought they always had like 1 announcement, what were the 3 announcements last year

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I really want Prime Trilogy to be real, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder how they're going to un-Wii Corruption. That game relied heavily on motion controlled mechanics outside of just the aiming. If all three games aren't playable in portable mode, that would suck.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am here for BOTW 2. I NEED a trailer/gameplay/new info just to be able to watch YT analysis for the coming months.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
pls... Geoff and Nintendo... I beg you... I need a BOTW 2 trailer...

I really NEED it.

I'm in fear that we might not see it... I have that gut feeling... I hope it's wrong...

No, no, no. Don't say that! We all need BOTW2. Nintendo knows. It's been months since the last glimpse, they're going to throw a big fat yummie bone.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really want Prime Trilogy to be real, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder how they're going to un-Wii Corruption. That game relied heavily on motion controlled mechanics outside of just the aiming. If all three games aren't playable in portable mode, that would suck.
Just use the gyro in the controllers outside of aiming

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gyro

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After the end of awards Reggie will step in and say:

"I hope you all enjoyed the awards tonight. But before you leave I want you to step into another world for Nintendo Switch..."
Then drop the bomb.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Metroid Prime 4 will be announced with a cool CG trailer. At the end the camera cuts to Geoff and Doug Bowser. "Great trailer, can't wait to play it Doug. But don't we have any gameplay footage?", asks Geoff. "Actually... we have some right here!" replies Doug, and gameplay footage starts. Samus is in some unknown space station, everything is silent when suddenly a fireball comes from nowhere, Samus turn around and a demon is trowing it! Samus kill it, but another demon shows up and another and another... when a rocket comes out from behind and explode all of them, the camera changes and reveals who shot the rocket... DOOM SLAYER RIP AND TEARS INTO SMASH!

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Really wish we would see those Metroid rereleases, but I've all but given up hope that we'll see them anytime soon. Don't have much hope for Metroid Prime 4 at this point either.

the7samurai

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sitting here at work trying to focus but I had the overwhelming urge to scream "Give me Zelda, you bastards!"

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I would say that BOTW2 is not likely, but given that zell said it is a 2020 game, I guess I could see it. Especially given how Nintendo used the game awards as the primary vector for high-profile BOTW marketing.