• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Nintendo show at the Game Awards?

• Breath of the Wild 2 trailer

Votes: 540 47.2%
  • Definitely NOT Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 192 16.8%
  • Metroid (2D, Trilogy, whatever)

Votes: 278 24.3%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 422 36.9%
  • 5th Smash DLC (post specific character)

Votes: 589 51.5%
  • Third Party Exclusive

Votes: 136 11.9%
  • The Coward's Bet

Votes: 81 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alternative Avatar Options

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I believe Raccoon has posted a few variations throughout the thread; you can feel free to grab one of those. The Zelda 2 text is just there since that's what really started the thread in the first place.
Is there any variations of this? I got the "no zelda 2" right so it feels wrong to wear it saying zelda 2 xD

I am proud to be unveiling the full suite this morning (Jimmy Joe you might want to quote and threadmark, if you want).

zqpqJlu.jpg

The Original

6cEBs8j.jpg

The Clean

ebbA95x.jpg

The Game

QDjKvVR.jpg

The Cheif

P2grRjo.jpg

The Stan

dWoJGvq.jpg

The Trilogy

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Now I just want the January Direct cancelled so we can truly stew in our Nintendo-less misery for a while

OP
OP
Jimmy Joe

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
So well... I participated on the whole Bet Thing and now I've to live with the consequences🤷🏻‍♂️
Still sad that we didn't get a Zelda Trailer tho... but oh well. How long do I have to use the Avatar?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Kinda surprising Nintendo chose to show none of their own stuff considering their history with the show.

Like, not even Smash DLC is really surprising to me.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Kinda surprising Nintendo chose to show none of their own stuff considering their history with the show.

Like, not even Smash DLC is really surprising to me.

My guess is they decided on a January Direct and didn't want overlap. Plus easier to market their stuff in an exclusive presentation.

OP
OP
Jimmy Joe

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
So well... I participated on the whole Bet Thing and now I've to live with the consequences🤷🏻‍♂️
Still sad that we didn't get a Zelda Trailer tho... but oh well. How long do I have to use the Avatar?
As outlined in the threadmarked post and in the OP, the avatar condition only lasts until the next Nintendo Direct.

lol I didn't know this was an avatar bet.

iehqYyaSZyAL92gh9zJIPmrZ7OY=.gif

Call me a coward all you want :)
It's in the title! It's literally the first line in the OP! I put it in like Size 24 font as the literal first words in the entire thread!

OP
OP
Jimmy Joe

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Yeah, betting WHAT would be shown, not an avatar bet ;)
Know you this: whosoever posts a prediction will be assumed to be a participant in the bet, and will be held accountable unless they identify themselves as a Big Coward who is afraid to bet their avatar.

Look, obviously I can't actually hold you accountable or anything, I'm not a mod or what have you, but I went to considerable length to make this as transparent as possible as early as possible. If you want to coward out, coward out, but at least take the responsibility for it!

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Team Doom Guy for Smash.

I've been calling him since Smash was announced and I'm not changing my call now.

Through out the year, people have wised up, they have realized the void in their hearts and I am betting Sakurai has too.

Only problem is that I'm taking the loss of another bet, if I lose I will not change my avatar right away, I will change it after my previous bet wears off and hold it for the same length between the loss and the next direct.

But don't worry, my gut is with me and that means 100% chance of victory.
So I'm done with the old avatar bet, time for this one.

Gonna hold it for 27 days and go back to my old ava on 18 Feb.