Chaotix12345

Apr 3, 2023
Firstly, the Star Fox love makes me so happy, that franchise deserves so much better. Secondly, my dream would be to get either a new Mario & Luigi game to capitalize on the Mario movie or a remastered Mario & Luigi game. I know that seems like a damn pipe dream but anything is possible!

Also, how far off do you think Smash is?
Yeah, I've been craving a new Star Fox recently. I still need to go back and finish Zero, but it's been a bit hard squeezing in time to play something on an older system when I've already got such a huge Switch backlog.

ANY Mario & Luigi game at this point would make me ecstatic. It's my personal favorite RPG series, and seeing all the recent love given to Mario's other RPG adventures recently only makes its current absence sting more.

No clue. Probably at least a couple years given the series' track record. However, since this is a DREAM launch lineup, I couldn't think of a more hype thing than all the crazy speculation starting up again way sooner than we think.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This could be a fun thread all in its own but I'll let you guys cook first:
GNOzC1vacAA-vzz.jpg

When I did a quick google search, I legitimately saw ridiculously priced Golden Wii Remotes. Maybe they were legit golden Wii Remotes and not the Club Nintendo ones?
  • Star Fox (Brand new game or port of Zero; Idc which, I just want more Star Fox)
  • Metroid (Prime 4 enhanced, or Metroid 6)
  • Pokémon
  • F-Zero
  • Punch-Out

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
This makes a ton of sense, do you feel the same way about Xenoblade?

Firstly, the Star Fox love makes me so happy, that franchise deserves so much better. Secondly, my dream would be to get either a new Mario & Luigi game to capitalize on the Mario movie or a remastered Mario & Luigi game. I know that seems like a damn pipe dream but anything is possible!

Also, how far off do you think Smash is?
Assuming they want to keep the same audience as Switch, I think we get several RPGs in year 1 and at least one on the launch window if Zelda is a no show. For them it's not about raw sales , but keeping a core of satiated consumers and they served that audience very well with Switch.

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
GNOzC1vacAA-vzz.jpg

When I did a quick google search, I legitimately saw ridiculously priced Golden Wii Remotes. Maybe they were legit golden Wii Remotes and not the Club Nintendo ones?

I saw the Kit and Krysta video on this, it was a fun watch. I'd have to go with $5 Super Mario (a new sandbox 3D entry or remake of 64), $4 Metroid (Prime 4 or a 3D game in general), $4 DK (a 3D entry), and $2 F-Zero (GX Remaster) - pretty much all my favorite Nintendo series in the first year would be the dream.

Last edited:

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
I don't expect Animal Crossing to be a day 1 game, it will land around year 3 to lift up sales as the console goes mainstream and pick up more casual gamers who don't really enjoy the usual expected haddcore offerings
I don't expect the next generation Animal Crossing game on the first year of Switch 2 either, but I don't think we should assume that the next game is gonna follow the same type of release year schedule just because New Horizons did.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
GNOzC1vacAA-vzz.jpg

Super Mario - $5
Donkey Kong - $4
Luigi's Mansion - $3
Kirby - $3

Total: $15

Boom. Incredible launch year for me.

Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya
GNOzC1vacAA-vzz.jpg

Super Mario, Pokemon, kirby, punch out, style savvy. Would substitute rhythm heaven at whatever tier that was, and not picking pikmin or yoshi does kind of kill me inside as I'm big fans of those, but I feel two smaller games rounds out the lineup better.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Ok, $5 3D Mario, $3 Xenoblade, $4 Metroid, $1 Pilotwings, $1 Rhythm Heaven, and $1 Punch Out

I think Club Nintendo just gave the nunchuck, I got the golden Wii Remote from the Stward Sword bundle

I legitimately like the 3DS. It's one of those relaxing kinda games.
Ah, the 3DS/DS is one of those things where I keep telling myself I'd just get a handheld emulator dedicated to playing those games or I'd eventually mod mine to play those games more often because I did love the DS handhelds but I keep dragging it lol. Also, 3D Mario and Metroid in the same year? That'd be a banger year off of that alone!

Gotta play Snes at least, that mid game twist is wild
If it's on NSO, I'll definitely check it out, I gotta see what the Pilotwings hype is all about

Yeah, I've been craving a new Star Fox recently. I still need to go back and finish Zero, but it's been a bit hard squeezing in time to play something on an older system when I've already got such a huge Switch backlog.

ANY Mario & Luigi game at this point would make me ecstatic. It's my personal favorite RPG series, and seeing all the recent love given to Mario's other RPG adventures recently only makes its current absence sting more.

No clue. Probably at least a couple years given the series' track record. However, since this is a DREAM launch lineup, I couldn't think of a more hype thing than all the crazy speculation starting up again way sooner than we think.
I have such fond memories of playing Mario & Luigi RPG games as a kid. It's such a shame that we might never get a remaster or new game in general. I know we live in a day and age of "never say never, anything is possible" in regards to video game franchises making a come back but I'd be so fucking ecstatic if it happened despite that studio closing.

As for Star Fox, again, I'm with you on this. We need something new! At this point just make a budget No Mans Sky or something with some Nintendo related DLC (outfits, ship skins, weapons), I'd happily take that lmao

• Star Fox (Brand new game or port of Zero; Idc which, I just want more Star Fox)
  • Metroid (Prime 4 enhanced, or Metroid 6)
  • Pokémon
  • F-Zero
  • Punch-Out
Star Fox fans rising up to make their voices known is something I needed in my life because I feel like I've fought this fight alone on Era for so long. We will rejoice one day, fighting this good fight will be worth it somehow. Give us ANYTHING Star Fox Nintendo, please!
I'd go for Zelda, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, F-Zero and Style Savvy.
What makes you choose Style Savvy over the others?
Assuming they want to keep the same audience as Switch, I think we get several RPGs in year 1 and at least one on the launch window if Zelda is a no show. For them it's not about raw sales , but keeping a core of satiated consumers and they served that audience very well with Switch.
Do you think Nintendo's gonna pull a Nintendo Switch lineup situation where they tease a bunch of different games and then we gotta wait like 5 full years to have that full lineup complete or do you think they're gonna play it safe and only announce super close games and one or two far-off games during the reveal?
I saw the Kit and Krysta video on this, it was a fun watch. I'd have to go with $5 Super Mario (a new sandbox 3D entry or remake of 64), $4 Metroid (Prime 4 or a 3D game in general), $4 DK (a 3D entry), and $2 F-Zero (GX Remaster) - pretty much all my favorite Nintendo series in the first year would be the dream.
Funny enough, that's where I got the picture from! I watched the video and thought "you know this could be fun for an Era thread", also love the mention of F-Zero. Do you think we're getting a new sandbox 3D Mario game next?
how many Chibi-Robos and Pushmos do I get for $15
Not nearly enough, you might need to cool off all of those Chibi-Robos that were on fire a couple of years ago to make that happen!
Super Mario - $5
Donkey Kong - $4
Luigi's Mansion - $3
Kirby - $3

Total: $15

Boom. Incredible launch year for me.
This is an impeccable lineup
P7P7qo.gif

New 3D Mario and top-down Zelda for £10

3D Donkey Kong game £4

Ah I guess a new Rhythm Heaven cos I've never really played them.
I don't know much about the trend of Zelda, should we expect a top-down Zelda as the next major Zelda game?

Rhythm Heaven - $1
Punch-Out! - $1
F-Zero - $2
Star Fox - $3
Metroid - $4
Donkey Kong - $4

Easy.
This is the most bang-for-your-buck value starter lineup ever. Though, I will say I feel like I've missed out on Punch Out. What would a modern Punch-Out! look like today?

Super Mario, Pokemon, kirby, punch out, style savvy. Would substitute rhythm heaven at whatever tier that was, and not picking pikmin or yoshi does kind of kill me inside as I'm big fans of those, but I feel two smaller games rounds out the lineup better.
I was truly hoping we'd have some sort of rumblings about a Pikmin 4 DLC by now :( I guess Nintendo's just gonna move onto the next one instead

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
THere's always the june presentation, but if Odyssey didn't get DLC then pikmin 4 doesn't seem likely even if I would love more dandori battle maps
You're totally right but my personal (and probably dumb) assumption is that we're likely not gonna see any DLC announced in the June Direct just so that they can have a clean slate heading into 2025. Though, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't hoping for some sort of last reveal that's a Switch 2 cross-gen/launch title

Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya
You're totally right but my personal (and probably dumb) assumption is that we're likely not gonna see any DLC announced in the June Direct just so that they can have a clean slate heading into 2025. Though, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't hoping for some sort of last reveal that's a Switch 2 cross-gen/launch title
cross gen is gonna be Metroid Prime 4 or maybe Pokemon Za

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
I was thinking what game would a enhancement (frame rate/loading) make me pick It up again

And weirdly enough, It's Mario Rabbids Spark of Hope

I Just couldnt play It with those insane loading times, yikes, It was too much :(

Instant loading and 60fps would make that game stellar

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
yes. Only reason i can think of it taking so long is because it's now mostly for switch 2, unless it's just kind of cursed. I know 5 years isn't too bad for a modern game but 5 years with zero word???
Now that you point it out, the whole Metroid Prime 4 Story feels like such a weird one. It gets announced as one of the big titles of the Switch along side the likes of SMTV. It goes through development, gets rebooted because Nintendo wasn't happy with it, Nintendo then comes back around to publicly announce that its rebooted development and in the meanwhile, they dropped Metroid Dread (a smaller project) and Metroid Prime Remastered, all while having us still waiting for the rumored MP 2+3 HD (port). And on top of that, we still have zero word, like you said. I really, and I mean really, want to know what happened back then with MP4 because it feels like Nintendo's big plan for this generation was to revitalize Metroid and make it a household franchise again, and while they've somewhat managed to achieve that, you can only imagine just how bad everything had to have gone during the initial development of MP4 cause it slowed everything down clearly lmao. I really hope Metroid gets it big blowout moment in June because if not, talk about an unfortunate ongoing saga.
I was thinking what game would a enhancement (frame rate/loading) make me pick It up again

And weirdly enough, It's Mario Rabbids Spark of Hope

I Just couldnt play It with those insane loading times, yikes, It was too much :(

Instant loading and 60fps would make that game stellar
I still have yet to play Sparks of Hope just because of the simple fact that I wasn't in the mood to play it when it came out. They should've waited another year or two, like Nintendo suggested. It would've come out at the right time and it would've been far more exciting, at least that's how I feel personally.

As for games I'd play with an enhancement, easily Pokemon Scarlet/Violet or Pokemon Legends Arceus. Both of those games would benefit tremendously from game enhancements.

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
Funny enough, that's where I got the picture from! I watched the video and thought "you know this could be fun for an Era thread", also love the mention of F-Zero. Do you think we're getting a new sandbox 3D Mario game next?

Haha I figured that's where you got the idea from. Yeah I'm predicting we'll get a sandbox 3D Mario next since I think it will be a Switch 2 launch title and I can see Nintendo wanting to one-up Odyssey in terms of scope (no pun intended). Also, we had three linear 3D Mario games before Odyssey (four if you count 3D Land) and I don't think they're quite ready to go back to a linear 3D Mario game next.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
God I hate how they handled cloud saves for Animal Crossing.

Wife's Switch got damaged at work, paid $110 to send to Nintendo to repair, they have to completely replace it. Realized she hadn't had cloud saves enabled.

Lost a year's, 300+ hours worth, of her island she busted her ass on, spent time with me and the kid on...hurts. I won't be playing anymore - it's gonna be gross to.

Here's hoping they do better because we'll end up all starting AC on Switch 2 at the same time.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think Nintendo's gonna pull a Nintendo Switch lineup situation where they tease a bunch of different games and then we gotta wait like 5 full years to have that full lineup complete or do you think they're gonna play it safe and only announce super close games and one or two far-off games during the reveal?

The only game like that was MP4 which was announced too early for the internet brownie points, but from a sales perspective, they could have not announced it at E3 2017 and it wouldn't have impacted sales all that much. Nintendo's actually been quite good at announcing and releasing within 12 months with notable exceptions being MP4 and TOTK. All the games they showed off in the Jan 2017 presentation released in that window, with iirc, XBC2 launching in December. I still recall forum bets that it would miss 2017 because even back then, some people were used to Sony's CG trailers and 3-4 years of waiting for big games.

Again past performance is not a guarantee of future outcomes, but I don't think Switch lineup is a good example of Nintendo teasing consumers. They've been very good at getting games out very quickly after announcement.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I think with the rebooted version, they wanted to wait until it's all but finalized.
Which, is honestly understandable. We're talking about a game that had a (seemingly) awful early dev cycle to the point where they literally dropped a video out of nowhere to tell us it was rebooted. Them keeping quiet and holding cards close to their chest is pretty respectable given the circumstances. We all just want the damn game already lmaoo
Haha I figured that's where you got the idea from. Yeah I'm predicting we'll get a sandbox 3D Mario next since I think it will be a Switch 2 launch title and I can see Nintendo wanting to one-up Odyssey in terms of scope (no pun intended). Also, we had three linear 3D Mario games before Odyssey (four if you count 3D Land) and I don't think they're quite ready to go back to a linear 3D Mario game next.
You know what my favorite thing is about Mario games? We can almost never say what we exactly want or what our hopes and dreams are but Nintendo, somehow someway, manages to almost always knock it out of the park. They're just so fucking good at making fun Mario games that I know no matter what I'm expecting out of the next 3D Mario game, my expectations will be blown out of the water. I can't fucking wait to see what they've been cooking.
God I hate how they handled cloud saves for Animal Crossing.

Wife's Switch got damaged at work, paid $110 to send to Nintendo to repair, they have to completely replace it. Realized she hadn't had cloud saves enabled.

Lost a year's, 300+ hours worth, of her island she busted her ass on, spent time with me and the kid on...hurts. I won't be playing anymore - it's gonna be gross to.

Here's hoping they do better because we'll end up all starting AC on Switch 2 at the same time.
This such an unfortunate story, man. I'm so sorry you guys had to go through this. I really hope the next AC game lives up to your expectations so you guys can have fun and don't go through something like this again.
The only game like that was MP4 which was announced too early for the internet brownie points, but from a sales perspective, they could have not announced it at E3 2017 and it wouldn't have impacted sales all that much. Nintendo's actually been quite good at announcing and releasing within 12 months with notable exceptions being MP4 and TOTK. All the games they showed off in the Jan 2017 presentation released in that window, with iirc, XBC2 launching in December. I still recall forum bets that it would miss 2017 because even back then, some people were used to Sony's CG trailers and 3-4 years of waiting for big games.

Again past performance is not a guarantee of future outcomes, but I don't think Switch lineup is a good example of Nintendo teasing consumers. They've been very good at getting games out very quickly after announcement.
FWIW, I totally agree. A big reason as to why it's easy to enjoy Nintendo stuff is because we know that if things are ready, they'll show us. Sure, we might get impatient but 9/10 times, the timing of which they announce things is perfect. We've had very few instances, MP4 being one of them for instance, where they've taken forever to reveal a release date or announced something too early. I'm just hoping that whatever they've been cooking for this June Direct is worth it only because we all have such low expectations in regards to what they've been keeping close for so long. Do we get a random shocker game like an ARMS 2? Do we get the infamously rumored WW+TP HD, F-Zero GX Remastered and Fire Emblem games? Do they bring back another Gamecube shadow port with Luigi's Mansion 1? What could they be cooking for so long to get us from now to September?

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
This such an unfortunate story, man. I'm so sorry you guys had to go through this. I really hope the next AC game lives up to your expectations so you guys can have fun and don't go through something like this again.

Thank you! I'm not trying to bring the thread down, we're all just so deflated and hurt by this. We got her AC a bit later since she didn't seem as interested but her getting into the game was so much fun to watch and now it's basically over until the next one.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
It's a fun and breezy game. A new Rhythm Heaven would also be nice though. As for the others, I don't have any strong feelings for Punch-Out, Pilotwings or the WarioWare games after the GBA entries.
I just watched this trailer and you know what, while it might not be for me, I can easily say that I get it. I totally understand what you mean by fun and breezy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YEu5slFjGA&ab_channel=NintendoofAmerica
As for the WarioWare stuff, yeah man, it kinda sucks that the Wario games ended up just being like... okay. It feels like they were kinda trying to make WarioWare a thing again but ultimately failed, just like the other Mario Sports games which all left a lot to be desired. I've said this multiple times but I'm really hoping they manage to bring back Wario Land or something new with Wario in general because the last thing we need is another WarioWare game for a couple of years.
Thank you! I'm not trying to bring the thread down, we're all just so deflated and hurt by this. We got her AC a bit later since she didn't seem as interested but her getting into the game was so much fun to watch and now it's basically over until the next one.
Nah man don't even worry about that, the whole point of this OT is to be a community and talk about whatever Nintendo related stuff we want. I've said this from the get-go, I want this community to feel welcoming to everyone no matter what. Plus, you guys have every right to feel hurt by this. If anything, my only suggestion would be seeing if she'd love to try out the older AC games to see if she could get anything out of those? The first AC game on Gamecube is still phenomenal all these years later

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
GNOzC1vacAA-vzz.jpg

Rhythym Heaven, Punch-Out, Wario Ware, Pilotwings, Pikmin, DK, Super Mario

Bengraven