Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I've pretty much already decided that next gen I'm going to be a Switch 2 only player going forward.

I'm bored of the Triple A scene, and both Sony and Microsoft have let me down this gen, I just don't get excited for their first party games anymore.

I'll be a happy chap with just my first party Nintendo titles and indies going forward.

(I might consider getting a Steamdeck at some point in the future)

Pretty much where I'm at and what I was getting at in a roundabout way lol...

Nintendo's 1st party + a shit ton of indies + a healthy selection of good 3rd party games is enough for me.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to give up Final Fantasy XIV, so I couldn't be a Switch 2 only person... 😓

Switch has been my main console aside from about a half-dozen games a year though

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Y'all, I have this preordered but am I the only one who's disappointed by the Pin Set? I thought this was gonna be an art book or something with art work and photos of the Nintendo World Championship stuff lol. I'm gonna keep the preorder cause I want the physical copy but damn, I really feel like the US/NA regions got the inferior version of the Deluxe Set

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBxi3fnb1k
I don't want to make a new thread so I'll keep it in here and ask you guys...

How "all in" are you with the Switch 2? I'll try to explain what I mean...

The Switch has for the most part been viewed as a complimentary console to PS5, XBox Series, PCs, etc. Very rarely do you see it as someone's main console or only console for the "core gamer" if that makes sense (even thought it's sold an insane amount).

I had toyed with that idea a few different times just because Nintendo's first party is far and away my favorite, the time I can spend on gaming and the handheld option of the Switch being a lifesaver, indies, not really missing much on the other consoles, etc.

I think now that the Switch 2 leaks have come out and we can see it'll be a more than competent machine that'll play most 3rd party games well enough, I really might just go all in with it and not really care about much else.

Sony and MS have a bunch of problems and I gotta be honest, huge grandiose AAA bloat doesn't really do a lot for me...and that's at least where it looks like MS is headed and Sony has been down that road for a while.

I know there's stuff I'll miss out on but like I said, with my career and family it's not like I have infinite gaming time...the Switch just fits me so well.

Anyways, I was just curious if anyone else was in the same boat or what everyone thought.

I know the kids in my household are beyond hyped for Switch 2...it's all they talk about, constantly watching YT videos about it, etc...we're here for it lol!
I'm all in on the Switch 2. For context, I grew up as a Nintendo & Sony kid and the PS4 was my main console but Nintendo has always been my go-to for gaming. Whether it was the GBC, GBA, GBA SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Gamecube or Wii, it never mattered for me until the Wii U which as we all know was kind of a disaster. What I learned the most about myself in this gaming generation was that unlike most people here, I don't care to take a performance hit on some games. I don't care to play the absolute best version of every game because I just want to have fun with my games and to me, that's what Nintendo does the best. Nintendo makes fun games. Nintendo makes games for everyone. What might get you hype tomorrow, for examples sake lets say something like WarioWare, won't necessarily make me hype and the same can be applied vice versa. Nintendo's focus has always been on the core idea that games should be fun and games should be for everyone.

As much as I love Sony and Microsoft's constant chase of making the best tech possible and making the best looking games with all the bells and whistles possible, I feel like I've lost the joy I used to have playing their games. Whether it's recent Xbox games or Playstation games, I've realized that I just don't get a real sense of enjoyment. Sometimes, I feel like I gotta force myself to find that same level of enjoyment that I get out of a Nintendo game. And, that's not to say that I don't like or respect Xbox or Playstation games, they're just not for me anymore and I'm okay with that. I can see the enjoyment folks get out of the other first party lineups, but for me and my interests, I align more with Nintendo games right now. Could things change? Possibly, but I've been a Nintendo kid my whole life so I doubt it.

For me, assuming Nintendo sticks the landing and makes the Switch 2 "the Switch but better build, better power, better battery, backwards compatbility and some fun gimmick like a camera" I'll be happy. It's all I really need despite a better online because I'd love to play some online games with more friends and all of you guys. At the end of the day, I just want to experience joy when I play video games and that's what Nintendo continuously does time and time again even if they make some odd decisions here or there that make us think "why the hell would they ever do that?!" lol
I've pretty much already decided that next gen I'm going to be a Switch 2 only player going forward.

I'm bored of the Triple A scene, and both Sony and Microsoft have let me down this gen, I just don't get excited for their first party games anymore.

I'll be a happy chap with just my first party Nintendo titles and indies going forward.

(I might consider getting a Steamdeck at some point in the future)
Are we the same people? (look above to see my feelings)
I don't want to give up Final Fantasy XIV, so I couldn't be a Switch only person... 😓
Your username truly does checkout Moogle lmao

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Y'all, I have this preordered but am I the only one who's disappointed by the Pin Set? I thought this was gonna be an art book or something with art work and photos of the Nintendo World Championship stuff lol. I'm gonna keep the preorder cause I want the physical copy but damn, I really feel like the US/NA regions got the inferior version of the Deluxe Set

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBxi3fnb1k

I'm all in on the Switch 2. For context, I grew up as a Nintendo & Sony kid and the PS4 was my main console but Nintendo has always been my go-to for gaming. Whether it was the GBC, GBA, GBA SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Gamecube or Wii, it never mattered for me until the Wii U which as we all know was kind of a disaster. What I learned the most about myself in this gaming generation was that unlike most people here, I don't care to take a performance hit on some games. I don't care to play the absolute best version of every game because I just want to have fun with my games and to me, that's what Nintendo does the best. Nintendo makes fun games. Nintendo makes games for everyone. What might get you hype tomorrow, for examples sake lets say something like WarioWare, won't necessarily make me hype and the same can be applied vice versa. Nintendo's focus has always been on the core idea that games should be fun and games should be for everyone.

As much as I love Sony and Microsoft's constant chase of making the best tech possible and making the best looking games with all the bells and whistles possible, I feel like I've lost the joy I used to have playing their games. Whether it's recent Xbox games or Playstation games, I've realized that I just don't get a real sense of enjoyment. Sometimes, I feel like I gotta force myself to find that same level of enjoyment that I get out of a Nintendo game. And, that's not to say that I don't like or respect Xbox or Playstation games, they're just not for me anymore and I'm okay with that. I can see the enjoyment folks get out of the other first party lineups, but for me and my interests, I align more with Nintendo games right now. Could things change? Possibly, but I've been a Nintendo kid my whole life so I doubt it.

For me, assuming Nintendo sticks the landing and makes the Switch 2 "the Switch but better build, better power, better battery, backwards compatbility and some fun gimmick like a camera" I'll be happy. It's all I really need despite a better online because I'd love to play some online games with more friends and all of you guys. At the end of the day, I just want to experience joy when I play video games and that's what Nintendo continuously does time and time again even if they make some odd decisions here or there that make us think "why the hell would they ever do that?!" lol

That's a great answer and I see myself a lot in it...like I just don't care about 8k, raytracing, 120 FPS, blah blah blah....to me a game like TotK looks damn good enough and is so insanely good that I'm not even noticing or worried about that because the game is engrossing. It's so true what you say.

Also BTW, I get being disappointed with the pin set but the NES cartridge with the old school NES sleeve (!!!) was enough for me alone lol...

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I can't decide on is whether or not to go all physical or all digital for the next console.

I've gone digital for the Switch mainly because my postman is useless and it would upset me not getting games like TOTK or Mario delivered on the first day they come out, but I do find myself sometimes feeling jealous of my friends physical collections.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
That's a great answer and I see myself a lot in it...like I just don't care about 8k, raytracing, 120 FPS, blah blah blah....to me a game like TotK looks damn good enough and is so insanely good that I'm not even noticing or worried about that because the game is engrossing. It's so true what you say.

Also BTW, I get being disappointed with the pin set but the NES cartridge with the old school NES sleeve (!!!) was enough for me alone lol...
I just feel like yes, there's times where a Nintendo game does deserve the flack it gets because sometimes, there truly are ridiculous performance hits or frame drops. It happens. None of what I say is me trying to give Nintendo that immunity. It's just that, what I feel is special about Nintendo games is that they're okay with their games not being the best technical achievements in the world if it means the game is a blast to play. They are so dedicated to making fun games and making games for everyone that if it means a game has to look dated or have some technical issues here or there, they're willing to make that sacrifice and I respect that so much about them. It's not to say that they shouldn't try to go out there and achieve the best technical games possible but I feel like what they do best is working around that through their art styles. Luigi's Mansion 3 is a perfect example of that. That game looks like a damn Pixar movie! It's literally gorgeous! It wouldn't hit the same if it looked super hyper realistic, which to me is my least favorite video game art style. So, yeah, I'm with you on this.

Is it bad that I thought the NES Cartridge would actually be playable just to fill in the gap of not having the Famicom controllers releasing in US/NA? But yeah, it's still cool collectible!
The only thing I can't decide on is whether or not to go all physical or all digital for the next console.

I've gone digital for the Switch mainly because my postman is useless and it would upset me not getting games like TOTK or Mario delivered on the first day they come out, but I do find myself sometimes feeling jealous of my friends physical collections.
It's Nintendo. You almost always have to go full physical if you care about long term physical preservation but I also get wanting to get a day one launch game digitally just for the sake of not needing to wait for it to get your home with the possibility of it being delayed. I will say, the more we see games get delisted or have small copies (i/e: Endless Ocean Luminous, Dragon Quest Monster: The Dark Prince), the happier I am that I ended up going physical for the Switch lol

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Your username truly does checkout Moogle lmao

What can I say, they got me

TupOpyK.png

Same here, I still haven't figured out if I'm getting TTYD physical or getting a pair of vouchers. I love the extra shelf space of going digital, but it's not like Switch games have big cases anyway. But digital is more immediate... argh

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO

I've been like 99.9% digital for the Switch, I think for S2 I'm gonna revert and go back to physical...at least for most stuff.

Game preservation is big, sharing with my daughter too, and I miss weird nostalgic dopamine hits like having a game in mind, going to a store and seeing it's actually in stock, taking it home and unwrapping it, etc. I don't know lol.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I do also like the thought of owning a physical collection of cool indie games, even if they do come out way after their digital versions 😒

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020

The Switch has for the most part been viewed as a complimentary console to PS5, XBox Series, PCs, etc. Very rarely do you see it as someone's main console or only console for the "core gamer" if that makes sense (even thought it's sold an insane amount).

I had toyed with that idea a few different times just because Nintendo's first party is far and away my favorite, the time I can spend on gaming and the handheld option of the Switch being a lifesaver, indies, not really missing much on the other consoles, etc.

I think now that the Switch 2 leaks have come out and we can see it'll be a more than competent machine that'll play most 3rd party games well enough, I really might just go all in with it and not really care about much else.

Sony and MS have a bunch of problems and I gotta be honest, huge grandiose AAA bloat doesn't really do a lot for me...and that's at least where it looks like MS is headed and Sony has been down that road for a while.

I know there's stuff I'll miss out on but like I said, with my career and family it's not like I have infinite gaming time...the Switch just fits me so well.

Anyways, I was just curious if anyone else was in the same boat or what everyone thought.

I know the kids in my household are beyond hyped for Switch 2...it's all they talk about, constantly watching YT videos about it, etc...we're here for it lol!

Yeah I'm leaning towards only buying a Switch 2 for this gen as I pretty much only play Switch games as of late (I have 80 games on Switch and only a dozen on PS4, I still don't have a PS5 either). Most of the games I have a taste in nowadays are on Nintendo platforms and with Switch 2 potentially having stronger third party support than the first Switch, I don't have much reason to get a PS5.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Satoru

Jan 4, 2023

So I see plenty of people who only owns a switch and are hardcore games. Don't listen to people who says it's only a complimentary console, 'cause the way I see is the other way around lol
I feel you, some days ago I made a similar post about thinking about selling the PS5 and staying only with Nintendo.
No one has the time to play every single game and Switch/Nintendo has the better library of exclusives and with the switch 2 they will get even better third party support

Unless the next playstation showcase really shows more than one game that is appealing to me like Nintendo is. The Switch 2 will be my only console.
Sony nowadays only wants blockbuster and their first party studios releases one game per generation basically.
Also they always focus on realism and the games feel the same, not saying their are bad because I played all of them but it's getting tiresome. I won't even talk about Microsoft lol

Nintendo always do something different, new or even nostalgic .
The handheld/hybrid form factor is also a huge plus.

So yeah, I'm on the same boat

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Nintendo always do something different, new or even nostalgic .
The handheld/hybrid form factor is also a huge plus.
Nintendo's gotten a lot of credit over the Switch generation but I think this deserves so much more recognition than it's gotten. The one Nintendo is absolutely amazing at is taking the things people love and giving it to them in new or old ways that appeals to them. They're constantly managing to bringing new life to their IPs/franchises and even when you think they might not do something, somehow they do. Does it take them awhile to fulfill that? Sure, absolutely. Nintendo really does love sitting on projects to release them when the time is right but no matter what, those long awaited hopes or dreams somehow get fulfilled. The only thing that sucks, really, is that some franchises have taken a clear backseat over the years due to obvious popularity but even then, they still do random ass ideas like Advance Wars 1+2 Remakes or Another Code Recollection. It just feels like they're willing to always take a risk on their franchises whether they have broad appeal or not.

Also, yeah, the handheld/hybrid form factor is a massive plus.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Nintendo's gotten a lot of credit over the Switch generation but I think this deserves so much more recognition than it's gotten. The one Nintendo is absolutely amazing at is taking the things people love and giving it to them in new or old ways that appeals to them. They're constantly managing to bringing new life to their IPs/franchises and even when you think they might not do something, somehow they do. Does it take them awhile to fulfill that? Sure, absolutely. Nintendo really does love sitting on projects to release them when the time is right but no matter what, those long awaited hopes or dreams somehow get fulfilled. The only thing that sucks, really, is that some franchises have taken a clear backseat over the years due to obvious popularity but even then, they still do random ass ideas like Advance Wars 1+2 Remakes or Another Code Recollection. It just feels like they're willing to always take a risk on their franchises whether they have broad appeal or not.

It's funny how many genres or even sub genres I'm not a fan of can be made appealing to me because it's Nintendo related lol...like I don't really play boxing or golf games but you give me Punch Out or Mario Golf, I'm there. Kart racers or racing games in general? Not the biggest fan....but damn do I LOVE Mario Kart. Haven't been a big time fighting game player in ages but Smash? Day one...

Just stuff like that.

There's more niche stuff that they haven't even touched yet that I think could be huge...I keep having this idea in my head of a CCG in the vein of Hearthstone but it's all Nintendo related and how big it could, things of that sort.

Satoru

Jan 4, 2023

Well said!!!

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
It's funny how many genres or even sub genres I'm not a fan of can be made appealing to me because it's Nintendo related lol...like I don't really play boxing or golf games but you give me Punch Out or Mario Golf, I'm there. Kart racers or racing games in general? Not the biggest fan....but damn do I LOVE Mario Kart. Haven't been a big time fighting game player in ages but Smash? Day one...

Just stuff like that.

There's more niche stuff that they haven't even touched yet that I think could be huge...I keep having this idea in my head of a CCG in the vein of Hearthstone but it's all Nintendo related and how big it could, things of that sort.
Yeah I mean, it's pretty damn crazy how easily Nintendo can get us into genres just through the use of their creativity, imagination and lovable mascots. I've tried out more genres of video games during the Switch generation than ever before. That might sound ridiculous but unlike most publishers, Nintendo does such a good job at showing off games. The minute you see a trailer that isn't just a logo trailer (super rare case like MP4), you can tell whether a game is for you or not and if it is, you're walking away super excited or at the very least, very intrigued. It's what makes being a fan of Nintendo so much fun. They're marking stuff for us that we couldn't even imagine or think of.

Also, give me a Waluigi card game or something, I'd play it!
If this happens and no one sneaks in an It's Always Sunny reference then what are we even doing?

Danny Devito and Steve Buscemi as Wario and Waluigi

Let's get it done.

They have to have a scene with Luigi and Wario (Charlie Day and Danny Devito) referencing Sunny
There has got to be a cameo from the other members of Its Always Sunny via koopas in the scene too, even if it's just a one liner or background noise where they can be noticeable. They gotta go the whole nine yards and commit to this bit if its possible. This is what we deserve out of the Nintendo Cinematic Universe.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I mean, it's pretty damn crazy how easily Nintendo can get us into genres just through the use of their creativity, imagination and lovable mascots. I've tried out more genres of video games during the Switch generation than ever before. That might sound ridiculous but unlike most publishers, Nintendo does such a good job at showing off games. The minute you see a trailer that isn't just a logo trailer (super rare case like MP4), you can tell whether a game is for you or not and if it is, you're walking away super excited or at the very least, very intrigued. It's what makes being a fan of Nintendo so much fun. They're marking stuff for us that we couldn't even imagine or think of.

Also, give me a Waluigi card game or something, I'd play it!

There has got to be a cameo from the other members of Its Always Sunny via koopas in the scene too, even if it's just a one liner or background noise where they can be noticeable. They gotta go the whole nine yards and commit to this bit if its possible. This is what we deserve out of the Nintendo Cinematic Universe.

Kaitlin Olson cameo as Birdo

Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya

I'm all in on the switch already as it's portable so I can play in hospital. If the switch 2 is still a handheld, then I'll be all in on it too, substituing for cheap laptop for other games of the sorts. I just have no use for a console that's attatched to a tv

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020

I'm very excited for the Switch 2 and will use it to play any Nintendo exclusives that interest me, but I'll more than likely continue to play multiplatform titles on my XSX or PS5. If the performance of a game is equal across platforms, I'll play where I can grab a game the cheapest.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
What I would give for this to happen. Any reference would do should they manage to get a moment like this.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Kaitlin Olson cameo as Birdo
GgkVhw.gif

I'm all in on the switch already as it's portable so I can play in hospital. If the switch 2 is still a handheld, then I'll be all in on it too, substituing for cheap laptop for other games of the sorts. I just have no use for a console that's attatched to a tv
One of my biggest wants for the Switch 2 are joycons with a better grip on them just so I can play handheld more. As much as I love playing my Switch handheld mode, I kind of get tired after awhile just because the Joycons don't really have much to hold onto. If the new Joycons can have some sort of groove or a little more depth so it's easier or more comfortable to play handheld, I'd be so happy
I'm very excited for the Switch 2 and will use it to play any Nintendo exclusives that interest me, but I'll more than likely continue to play multiplatform titles on my XSX or PS5. If the performance of a game is equal across platforms, I'll play where I can grab a game the cheapest.
This makes a ton of sense, especially because a lot of games tend to go on sale quicker on other platformers than the Switch unless it's a rare occurrence like
What I would give for this to happen. Any reference would do should they manage to get a moment like this.
I'm not even looking for the best stories ever written from the Nintendo movies. I just want a fuck ton of fan service, great visuals and fantastic soundtracks. The stories can be the most serviceable ones possible and I'll be happy. So a small moment like that in a Mario Movie 2 lets say would absolutely hit for someone like me lol

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019

I can't wait. Traditionally I been a Sony first Nintendo gamer, but over the last 7/8 years with the Switch it's been the other way round. I really enjoy the hybrid nature of the console even if I do play 90% in handheld. The games have been great too, a lot to variety and fun experiences and I rediscovered by love for JRPGS.

Generally I been dissapointed with this gen (next gen) Games have been ok, but nothing has really wowed me. GT7 in VR is incredible and Returnal was ace, Resi games great as usual but everything else as been middling. There have been times I thought about selling the ps5 and being a switch only gamer but I do get use out of it - and with assassins creed (which I think peeps are too hard on) and the likes of FF it probably mean I will get a next gen console at some point but it won't be a day one thing anymore. Perhaps with the realisation of games being too expensive to make we might see a shift and the likes of ff etc may be aimed at switch/hybrid gamers.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
So, I finally think I fixed the image problems I was having with the OP for this OT y'all. That should no longer be a problem. Also, I had the NDCube new Mario Party game rumor from Midori into the OP as well with a link to the ongoing thread (in case anyone missed out)

I can't wait. Traditionally I been a Sony first Nintendo gamer, but over the last 7/8 years with the Switch it's been the other way round. I really enjoy the hybrid nature of the console even if I do play 90% in handheld. The games have been great too, a lot to variety and fun experiences and I rediscovered by love for JRPGS.

Generally I been dissapointed with this gen (next gen) Games have been ok, but nothing has really wowed me. GT7 in VR is incredible and Returnal was ace, Resi games great as usual but everything else as been middling. There have been times I thought about selling the ps5 and being a switch only gamer but I do get use out of it - and with assassins creed (which I think peeps are too hard on) and the likes of FF it probably mean I will get a next gen console at some point but it won't be a day one thing anymore. Perhaps with the realisation of games being too expensive to make we might see a shift and the likes of ff etc may be aimed at switch/hybrid gamers.
I'm kind of in the same boat with you. I've realized that honestly, if my friends weren't on PS5 and if there weren't a few third party franchises I truly do like or enjoy, I probably wouldn't own a next-gen console. I've grown so accustomed to the Nintendo franchises and being able to take a hit here or there power-wise that I don't fully think I'd feel like I'd be missing out on stuff. Still, having a PS5 to enjoy some games like the new Star Wars stuff, Kingdom Hearts (whenever that returns lol) and some other franchises is always worth it. I just hope the Switch 2 takes a big enough leap for developers to not have to take THAT much of a hit for their ports or 3rd party exclusives. It'd be nice to see really great games that match the visual quality of Nintendo's first party games

Satoru

Jan 4, 2023
Since Zelda TotK I still haven''t played a game with the same quality. I mean, you know when you constantly think about a game and even think about playing and no other game can fill the void ? lol

It's been a year and I finished many other incredible games but none has come close.
Well, no wonder it became my favorite game of all time

Last edited:
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Check your emails guys, Walmart is cancelling preorders for Paper Mario (seemingly due to high demand):
Since Zelda TotK I still haven''t played a game with the same quality. I mean, you know when you constantly think about a game and even think about playing and no other game can fill the void ? lol

It's been a year and I finished many other incredible games but none has come close.
Well, no wonder it became my favorite game of all time
I was like this with Death Stranding when it came out so I absolutely relate. I'm hoping the 3D Mario game we're all waiting for ends up being like this for me.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
What are we thinking Nintendo are going to do with the NSO on their next console? Are they going to be nice and let us have all the current games on there from launch, or are we going to have to go through the rigramole again of drip feeding every release.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Check your emails guys, Walmart is cancelling preorders for Paper Mario (seemingly due to high demand):

I was like this with Death Stranding when it came out so I absolutely relate. I'm hoping the 3D Mario game we're all waiting for ends up being like this for me.

Dang. Did Nintendo underestimate TTYD sales and undership? This is reminding me of Metroid Prime Remastered.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Dang. Did Nintendo underestimate TTYD sales and undership? This is reminding me of Metroid Prime Remastered.
I do think this may be a mix of retailers under ordering resulting in a more modest print from nintendo. Remember print runs come from the result of two things: calculated producer demand combined with allotment requests from distributors.
So basically Walmart underestimated pre announcement how much allotment they wanted, and when it surpassed that with the preorders it was in such a scope nintendo couldn't immediately adjust for launch. Remember all this stuff has to be made shipped to the states months before launch.

It's also why P-Bandai is a thing.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I do think this may be a mix of retailers under ordering resulting in a more modest print from nintendo. Remember print runs come from the result of two things: calculated producer demand combined with allotment requests from distributors.
So basically Walmart underestimated pre announcement how much allotment they wanted, and when it surpassed that with the preorders it was in such a scope nintendo couldn't immediately adjust for launch. Remember all this stuff has to be made shipped to the states months before launch.

It's also why P-Bandai is a thing.
Ugh, why would you be modest with a Mario game?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well now that pushed me over the edge to preorder Paper Mario (worst case scenario is Im content with my Gamecube version... oh woe is me!)
But I also have Luigi and the NES World Champ preordered.... Granted its two remasters + a series of remixed NES challenges, but I appreciate Switch pumping out plenty of stuff I still wanna day 1!

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I'm not even looking for the best stories ever written from the Nintendo movies. I just want a fuck ton of fan service, great visuals and fantastic soundtracks. The stories can be the most serviceable ones possible and I'll be happy. So a small moment like that in a Mario Movie 2 lets say would absolutely hit for someone like me lol
I'm right there with you on that, exactly.

I didn't pre-order TTYD from anywhere and not even sure I can so hopefully this isn't indicative of anything and it won't be a hassle to get if you miss day or week 1.

Satoru

Jan 4, 2023
What are we thinking Nintendo are going to do with the NSO on their next console? Are they going to be nice and let us have all the current games on there from launch, or are we going to have to go through the rigramole again of drip feeding every release.
I think it will remain the same, but probably add more systems exclusively to the Switch 2 (ds and Wii for example) while keep updating the current catalog for both Switch 1 and 2

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Always been a Nintendo/Sega person so I'm all in. If it can at least keep up the third party ports on the level the first Switch had we will be golden.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Assuming this backwards compatible, I expect it to be the exact same as we know it but possibly more frequent drops/updates at the beginning of the Switch 2 to get more people onto NSO. Though, I think Mario Kart or Party at launch will do that alone lol
It absolutely seems like they did, which I don't know how that happens but here we are. It might be legitimately hard to get Paper Mario at launch and it kinda sucks to see but it's also a little cool considering everyone is seemingly stoked for this
Ugh, why would you be modest with a Mario game?
Well, if I'm being honest, it's probably cause there was little to no fanfare with Paper Mario TOK. That game kinda just came and went, so maybe they were expecting around the same sales number so they printed less copies for Paper Mario? It's gonna be interesting to see how they respond because it took em awhile to get more Metroid Prime back in stock and I doubt another low printed game like Endless Ocean Luminous will get restocked anytime in the future cause it's not a major title.
Well now that pushed me over the edge to preorder Paper Mario (worst case scenario is Im content with my Gamecube version... oh woe is me!)
But I also have Luigi and the NES World Champ preordered.... Granted its two remasters + a series of remixed NES challenges, but I appreciate Switch pumping out plenty of stuff I still wanna day 1!
I think the NES World Championship preorder should be fine given that it hasn't sold out yet and a lot of people are going international for the Famicom controllers and because, honestly, the non-NA versions of the Deluxe Sets are much better than the NA Deluxe Set lol. It didn't sell out instantly or anything, and I just checked, it's still available almost everywhere. Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, I don't really know given that they haven't pumped up marketing for it yet. The sentiment of "it's the weakest Luigi's Mansion" has been tossed around so I wonder if that'll hurt sales numbers, but then again, we've yet to see any new features or preorder bonuses or anything. Things could turn around for that but we'll likely have to wait for the Direct until then
I didn't pre-order TTYD from anywhere and not even sure I can so hopefully this isn't indicative of anything and it won't be a hassle to get if you miss day or week 1.
We honestly don't know but at this point, people's options for preorders are dwindling. You got Target, Best Buy, Mom & Pop Shops and maybe the Nintendo site themselves though you won't get it day one assumingly lol. It's a weird situation all around.
Always been a Nintendo/Sega person so I'm all in. If it can at least keep up the third party ports on the level the first Switch had we will be golden.
Hell yeah man, glad to see another person all in!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I sat and played through Mario Land tonight as it has just been added to the Game Boy NSO catalogue and I soon realised that I don't think I'd ever actually played it before. It's quite a privilege playing a 2d Mario game for the first time in this day and age.

It's pretty weird isn't it? Some very odd looking enemies in there, including a human fist?! Wtf.

Shame it's so short.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Land is basically designed to do two back to back playthroughs - hard mode is the "real" mode for me. Love the game but its definitely a weird one as all the enemies feel similar, but not exactly the same to the Mushroom Kingdom enemies - as in the bootleg goombas and koopa troopers.
Then you have the rock dudes and the chinese zombies? and then its just weird. Cool, but weird.
Land 2 feels more familiar but still has plenty of weird enemies/stages.

Anyway... ahead of Paper Mario next week, Im finishing Princess Peach off. its great. Its also insanely easy. But I do feel the overall quality and presentation outweighs its short and easy difficulty. A nice little adventure.

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry for this stupid question to ask again but I have been absent from my Switch for awhile… My switch play games automatically after download so how to disable this?

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here.
For example, I was downloading Tears of the Kingdom and I was away from the TV doing some work… when I came back I found out that my Switch after finishing the downloading it started the game by itself :/

So how can I disable this? To play the games automatically after finishing downloading them?

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
For example, I was downloading Tears of the Kingdom and I was away from the TV doing some work… when I came back I found out that my Switch after finishing the downloading it started the game by itself :/

So how can I disable this? To play the games automatically after finishing downloading them?

I honestly didn't know that was a thing that could happen.

I can't see a solution on Google, either.

Jan 13, 2022
Yeah that's strange. Never seen that happen. Maybe it's because I have multiple profiles and I'd have to pick one? I'm not sure. The console doesn't have to be on to download games if that helps.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's supposed to happen. Is there a stray controller somewhere under a couch cushion that's being sat on? 😅

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Do you select the game and a profile before downloading an update?

Press the + button and select to download from over there, it shouldn't start after that

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly didn't know that was a thing that could happen.

I can't see a solution on Google, either.
I know :|

This is why I asked here because I was confused :/
Yeah that's strange. Never seen that happen. Maybe it's because I have multiple profiles and I'd have to pick one? I'm not sure. The console doesn't have to be on to download games if that helps.
I only have one profile.. I started downloading TOTK and when I came back the game automatically started passed the intro cutscene and Link standing there ready to be controlled :\
I don't think that's supposed to happen. Is there a stray controller somewhere under a couch cushion that's being sat on? 😅
Nope, I live completely alone and there is only one controller on the table.
Do you select the game and a profile before downloading an update?

Press the + button and select to download from over there, it shouldn't start after that
I only have one profile and I downloaded the game using it from the eShop.

I am puzzled by this lol XD