• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif
I'll never be able to unsee the hair going through her arm.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In 2028 we'll have the PS6, XBOX THREE, New Super Switch...

...and the Nintendo 3DS, still going strong as Nintendo will once again reassure everyone in their 2028 financial briefing that 3ds support will continue.

Mrfluffypuff

Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking about replacing my regular 3ds xl and upgrading it to a New 3ds the other day. Maybe I'm not that crazy after all.

Oct 25, 2017
That's not how I interpreted the sentence at all lol. They simply gave it a "we are preparing titles around the turn of the year" instead of the usual "we plan on supporting it into 2018 and beyond" kinda deal they usually do. Directly implies to me that early 2019 is it for 3DS, no first party stuff for it beyond early 19.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not how I interpreted the sentence at all lol. They simply gave it a "we are preparing titles around the turn of the year" instead of the usual "we plan on supporting it into 2018 and beyond" kinda deal they usually do. Directly implies to me that early 2019 is it for 3DS, no first party stuff for it beyond early 19.

This. Pretty obvious the sun is setting for the little guy. I wouldn't expect anything new beyond the first half of 2019. Gen 8 Pokemon launching late next year is a pretty clear sign of that.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Once again gonna hold out dumb blind hope for outta the blue DQ Monsters localizations! 7 & 8 came many years late so why not! Obligatory Pokémon Conquest 2 hopes and dreams also. Maybe even Detective Pikachu 2 just in time for the movie!

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I know this won't happen, but could we get another Kirby game and Mario & Luigi RPG with 2D graphics?

Also, can the M&L game not be bad?

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
How is DQ8 on the 3DS btw? I just took mine out of storage yesterday and reinstalled some old favorites like Ghost Recon and Rusty's Baseball. Wanna buy something new for it.

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty obvious the sun is setting for the little guy. I wouldn't expect anything new beyond the first half of 2019. Gen 8 Pokemon launching late next year is a pretty clear sign of that.
If it was a little stronger I wouldn't mind it staying around, but just let it rest. That said, I'll still buy anything that catches my eye.
Let the old dog rest Nintendo.
Who hurt you?

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
"We are also preparing new titles for the Nintendo 3DS family for release around the turn of the year."

-This doesn't directly confirm unannounced titles, and the turn of the year sounds like Q4 and maybe Q1. We have known that 3DS was getting new titles next year still.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Yes, might as well honestly.

2018 Switch lineup has been shit regardless of 3DS slowdown, so might as well continue to develop for 3DS.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
It use to make me annoyed, that they weren't just fully focused on Switch... but since Samus Returns I don't think there has been a 3DS game I've cared about anyway so oh well.

Now if there was a new 2D Zelda game on 3DS only, I'd rage lol. Link Between Worlds is one of my most fav Zeldas so I should be happy. But I want to play it on my TV!

Anything 'major' should be both consoles if nothing else, simple as that.

Having said that I've honestly thought 2018 was pretty damn shit for Nintendo Switch releases, and I don't see anything on 3DS causing that so they're just all round having a slow year for some unknown reason. I know they can't all be zomg2017 but there must be a middle ground.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo giving the 3DS more post-support than they gave the WiiU in its entirety.

Oct 25, 2017
Dual screen is such a great gift, why are some of you so eager to see it go in place of HD when you CLAIM prioritize gameplay over presentation.

Y'all are gonna miss this so bad when it's gone.

I'm struggling to play TWEWY HD right now because I just keep thinking about the DS version.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see support for a system I finally bought earlier this year.
Thank you, Nintendo.

Deleted member 26139

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some awful entitlement ITT. Imagine being this angry that Nintendo still wants to keep a lower price bracket covered going forward.
Seriously. Nintendo shouldn't have to discontinue the 3DS and Classic lines just because y'all bought a Switch. The company has always supported multiple platforms.

Last edited:

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
But somewhat, stating this obvious fact (the Switch will never be a 3ds, meaning a small factor, small kid friendly console) also means .. They'll need to update that market at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.