Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just try to stay positive Animal Crossing fans if it doesn't show up tomorrow because it will show up by E3 the latest.

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem, 2d Zelda, and Metroid Prime HD Trilogy are my most wanted things in this direct.

If FFVIII happens, I will get cuz I made a promise to ya'll.

Unbura

Dec 23, 2018
In this case he's not saying anything that someone else hasn't said before him.
to add, i actually messaged Vergeben about the Grand Prix stuff+other now publicized stuff almost a week ago
i told him to disclose it anyways since it was from his 3 main sources, but he's didn't see my messages since prior/busy:
unknown.png

had to black out some irrelevant and personal stuff, only important/disclose-able details . :D

also, i was also talking to him about how the year-old 2D Zelda info on how it could puzzle-piece to the 4chan rumor that got WarioWare Gold details correct and said a VB Wario remake and Link's Awakening remake was happening.

unless that does connect to said rumor, VB Wario Land could be happening. but it's nothing concrete as of yet.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Also, as for the leak that "revealed" the release date of AC (assuming I'm thinking of the right one, not super up-to-date on those), it also revealed the release date for LM3. But honestly, while I believe the leak, I know that as a leak it wasn't meant to happen, and there are bound to be mistakes. All that to say, I think the dates for AC and LM3 are backwards. LM3 being closer to Halloween makes way more sense and I think AC is more of a summer title tbh.
Luigi's Mansion 2 released in spring.

Oct 25, 2017
Gah I will buy anything that gets shadow dropped tomorrow. I am THIRSTY.

I hope FFVII gets released tomorrow. I never actually finished that one so I'd make it my mission to finish it if it came out.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For Smash DLC, I am only expecting Joker gameplay and release date. Should I expect the next character being teased?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
to add, i actually messaged Vergeben about the Grand Prix stuff+other now publicized stuff almost a week ago
i told him to disclose it anyways since it was from his 3 main sources, but he's didn't see my messages since prior/busy:
unknown.png

had to black out some irrelevant and personal stuff, only important/disclose-able details . :D

also, i was also talking to him about how the year-old 2D Zelda info on how it could puzzle-piece to the 4chan rumor that got WarioWare Gold details correct and said a VB Wario remake and Link's Awakening remake was happening.

unless that does connect to said rumor, VB Wario Land could be happening. but it's nothing concrete as of yet.
Thanks for the info. I guess Vergeben is sometimes just late to the party, so it looks like he's piggybacking when he just got the same info as others did.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
NateDrake I doubt you'll be able to say because of SE stuff being there tomorrow but I might as well ask

What do you think are the chances of VIII port considering it's the 20th Anniversary, the only one missing + Hashimoto retweeted a bunch about anniversary?

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Ok, if that ends up being the case, it's now just another time Nintendo strings us along for AC. 9 months between announcement & news is way too long, imo.

But thank you for chiming in!

I think AC may benefit from having focus on itself rather than compete potentially against FE, StarFox, and more in a single Direct.

NateDrake should we take Jon's Mario Odyssey/Mario Kart DLC prediction seriously?

I have no idea. I'd love to see some Mario Kart DLC. The game keeps selling, so why not give it some new content? It makes sense.

This...is a bummer. I suppose I can't be too greedy, it sounds like a lot of stuff is coming together

It's just my opinion. It could be a huge part of tomorrow's Direct. I'm just not expecting it.

NateDrake I doubt you'll be able to say because of SE stuff being there tomorrow but I might as well ask

What do you think are the chances of VIII port considering it's the 20th Anniversary, the only one missing + Hashimoto retweeted a bunch about anniversary?

I'm not sure if a FF8 port announcement is best served for a Nintendo Direct. The game has no history on the platform.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'm sure is gonna happen during this Direct (aside from Fire Emblem news, obviously) is that SNES games are getting announced for Nintendo Switch Online, with Super Mario World going up tomorrow. I'd put money on it. Seems too fishy that Super Mario World was the only title in the datamine to have localized descriptions, the games are updating the same day as the Direct, and we are suddenly down a game (from 3 to 2) worldwide. Also super coincidental that there's a lot of hubbub about Mario Maker 2. Would be great synergy to announce it tomorrow alongside this.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Ok, if that ends up being the case, it's now just another time Nintendo strings us along for AC. 9 months between announcement & news is way too long, imo.
Yo, right? Nintendo dragging us along for the ENTIRETY of the Wii U's lifespan and now this long ass break between announcement and reveal of the new game is bananas.
arseholes.png

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The only thing I'm sure is gonna happen during this Direct (aside from Fire Emblem news, obviously) is that SNES games are getting announced for Nintendo Switch Online, with Super Mario World going up tomorrow. I'd put money on it. Seems too fishy that Super Mario World was the only title in the datamine to have localized descriptions, the games are updating the same day as the Direct, and we are suddenly down a game (from 3 to 2) worldwide. Also super coincidental that there's a lot of hubbub about Mario Maker 2. Would be great synergy to announce it tomorrow alongside this.
Mario World being the only game with localised descriptions is outdated information. The January NSO update added localised descriptions for 16 of the games.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand any of the AC gripes in this thread. We know it's coming, it will probably get it's own Direct in the future as it has in the past. Nintendo knows how popular AC is. Just chill. The game is all about relaxed, play at your own pace gameplay. Seems odd to stress over it.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Yo, right? Nintendo dragging us along for the ENTIRETY of the Wii U's lifespan and now this long ass break between announcement and reveal of the new game is bananas.
arseholes.png

It doesn't make any sense... It's now been 6 years since NL (7 in Japan) and over 10 since the last home console AC. And now we're likely not getting any info on it for 9 months after announcement. But at least my expectations are now very low. We'll see what happens. If we do get something on AC, then I'll be even more excited, lol.

Apr 21, 2018
I feel like any announcement of SNES online that doesn't end with either "available now" or "available extremely soon" would pretty much be a slap in the face.

You couldn't convince me that there's a legitimate logistical reason they couldn't have those up tomorrow if they wanted to. People have been yelling at them about how little interest there is in the NES drip feed for a months and months. At this point, they need to just do the thing.

I think it's 50/50. They will have to outline some sort of upgrade to Nintendo Online, or a revamped Nintendo Classics app or something. I really doubt they are just going to give SNES games for free alongside the NES games.

And with the mention of updating the online for core gamers, I have a feeling the SNES will be part of that roll-out, and it'll probably come later in the year.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

But thank you for chiming in!
arseholes.png
You guys do realize that it took about 16 months to get details on Fire Emblem for switch right and then slient until now? That game was announced a month before the switch launched lol.

I think you guys can wait a bit longer.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
If there is a Links Awakening remake or sequel announced for switch I would be 100% in...
giphy.gif

I played through that game so many times. Good times.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if a FF8 port announcement is best served for a Nintendo Direct. The game has no history on the platform.
Ahh but my thought is that since all the other FF games are coming this would be the time to announce VIII since it is the only one they left out. Thanks for responding!

Well I'll still get excited since this isn't a confirmed no!

Edit: I should add that it does have some small history like Theatrhythm, FF Explorers and Woff

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I don't understand any of the AC gripes in this thread. We know it's coming, it will probably get it's own Direct in the future as it has in the past. Nintendo knows how popular AC is. Just chill. The game is all about relaxed, play at your own pace gameplay. Seems odd to stress over it.

Assassin's creed is not so relaxing

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
its nintendo so im hyped and also ready for disappointment. Expecting an SNES availabe now! but only 1 game per month starting with mario is missing