• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Here's a crazy specific out-there prediction:

Project X Zone 3

-Funded by Nintendo and will feature a major push for more Nintendo characters.

-New teams will include Shulk and Fiora, Rex and Pyra/Mythra, Fox and Falco, Bayonetta and Jeanne, Claude and Riley, Joker and Yu, Asura and Yasha, Dante and Nero, Leon and Claire, Velvet and Eleanor, Haseo and Atoli, and Mitsurugi and Taki among others.

-New support characters will include Elma, Olimar, Azura, Amaterasu, Alicia Melchiott, Lloyd Irving, Haruka Amami, Pac-Man, and Necalli.

-Still no dub.

-Completely redone sprites.

-Faster gameplay to make use of the Switch hardware.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Last thing I'll say about it is this: If we don't get anything on it, I'll be frustrated that they even teased it in September. Because it'll clearly be a holiday title (if no info tomorrow) and they could have easily just teased it for the first time tomorrow and went more in-depth at E3.

Using that logic, I don't think Nintendo is stupid. They have these things planned out. There was no reason to tease it in September if there wasn't going to be anything else on it for 9 months (E3).

We're getting something. Short trailer, release window (I bet Summer), and likely a proper title.
The thing is, the tease was so tightly tied to Isabelle in Smash that I don't think they could have gotten away with her trailer without teasing the proper game. They know people are hungry and waiting for it. Imagine if they showed off Isabelle for Smash and didn't have that tease following it? Bedlam.

Hopefully most of the announcements haven't been spoiled via leaks and obvious teases
You never know. Everyone was buttoned up tight and now that we're closing in on the actual Direct people are just spilling everything they know. Kind of dulls the excitement a bit, right?

Oct 25, 2017
Sequel time

2-minishlink.png
I'd kill for Capcom to make another Zelda game

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Last thing I'll say about it is this: If we don't get anything on it, I'll be frustrated that they even teased it in September. Because it'll clearly be a holiday title (if no info tomorrow) and they could have easily just teased it for the first time tomorrow and went more in-depth at E3.

Using that logic, I don't think Nintendo is stupid. They have these things planned out. There was no reason to tease it in September if there wasn't going to be anything else on it for 9 months (E3).

We're getting something. Short trailer, release window (I bet Summer), and likely a proper title.
People were pissed when Isabelle was announced thinking it was AC but it was just Smash. There's a reason they said to stay until the very end. They knew they had to say AC was coming right then

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One thing this thread has recently taught me? You fight a lot of crabs in video games, lol.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Crab hint

It's a giant crab - Pikmin
It's a blue crab - Mario Bros. Arcade....something
It's a Big Blue crab - F-Zero
It's pubic lice - Nintendo is making a game about that one time I was 17 and made regretful decisions

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
Predictions

Joker gameplay and release date + next dlc reveal
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Aminal Crossing Trailer
Fire Emblem Three houses releasing in either april or may

Anything else is just a nice surprise

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I feel like any announcement of SNES online that doesn't end with either "available now" or "available extremely soon" would pretty much be a slap in the face.

You couldn't convince me that there's a legitimate logistical reason they couldn't have those up tomorrow if they wanted to. People have been yelling at them about how little interest there is in the NES drip feed for a months and months. At this point, they need to just do the thing.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I really didn't expect Star Fox tomorrow at all, so it sounding like it might actually show up has me excited.

Igno1228

Feb 11, 2019
Denver, USA
Honestly I doubt they'll reveal SNES games in the Direct tomorrow. I feel like that's something they'd just shadow drop on Twitter or something stupid, not realizing people would have loved it at the end of a Direct (assuming it's "available now").

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like any announcement of SNES online that doesn't end with either "available now" or "available extremely soon" would pretty much be a slap in the face.

You couldn't convince me that there's a legitimate logistical reason they couldn't have those up tomorrow if they wanted to. People have been yelling at them about how little interest there is in the NES drip feed for a months and months. At this point, they need to just do the thing.

Yep, with ya there. SNES games are a much better value proposition. Words can't express how happy I will be when I can play Super Metroid on Switch. Right now the only thing I'm even remotely interested in playing on the current classic catalogue is SMB3.

Igno1228

Feb 11, 2019
Denver, USA
Since a few of us are having this discussion, how likely do you think any animal crossing news is tomorrow?

Doesn't have to be like you "know" something, just wondering if you have an opinion.
Idk. A lot of people here have made some good points as to why they think AC will/won't be in the Direct tomorrow.

I think the "only revealed cus Isabelle" makes sense but I also think "AC not being in the 'title' of the direct cus surprise factor" makes sense as well. We'll see.

If we do see it though, I think we'll see a small gameplay tease and a name and/or a release window.

Igno1228

Feb 11, 2019
Denver, USA
Also, as for the leak that "revealed" the release date of AC (assuming I'm thinking of the right one, not super up-to-date on those), it also revealed the release date for LM3. But honestly, while I believe the leak, I know that as a leak it wasn't meant to happen, and there are bound to be mistakes. All that to say, I think the dates for AC and LM3 are backwards. LM3 being closer to Halloween makes way more sense and I think AC is more of a summer title tbh.