• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
That was cool, definitely excited by Panzer Dragoon Remake, No More Heroes 3, Banjo in Smash and not having to wait for the end of the generation a new console for Zelda. I think Nintendo had the best show this year.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
Zelda was a great announcement.

Everything else was pretty standard fair. Disappointed to see Animal Crossing going into 2020 though :(.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
Curious about BotW 2 release date. Even more curious about them producing a direct Zelda sequel (doubt it's a prequel?). I guess it makes sense. They can reuse the engine, reuse assets and elaborate on the world and story of the most popular Zelda game to date and my personal favorite one, too. Plus, creepy vibes!

I'm on board. Question is only when... Won't get hopes up for 2020, but it'd be terrific.

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of all around solidity, that had to be a top 3 Nintendo conference. Maaaybe the best one ever. Others had higher highs but this one was literally games that I care about and megaton drops for 40 minutes.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Zelda sequel? Totally unexpected.
Contra? Totally unexpected.
Panzer Dragoon? Totally unexpected.

Great Direct. A very nice alternative to the stream of AAA titles on other platforms, with a diverse collection of classic gameplay.

Agreed. And the nice thing too is that the bigger titles that do come to the platform (like Wolfenstein: Youngblood) can benefit from portability so you have a solid reason to buy them on Switch instead of another platform.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT moments

Entire Dragon Quest Hero in Smash.
Panzar Dragoon
Banjo and Kazooie :)
BotW sequel.

Deleted member 14663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Luigi's Mansion looks great
Zelda: Link's Awakening will be fun
Animal Crossing looked ok but doesn't seem to move the series forward, also delay
New Zelda sequel has an awesome weird vibe, expect it in 2021.

The Direct was ok, but I wanted more for an e3 Direct.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
That was fine. There wasn't much new that excited me. I liked Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, No More Heroes, and Zelda. Kind of cold on everything else right now.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Laughing at the idea Nintendo won E3. It's competition was a wet fart. Good showing overall though, not denying that.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that was an amazing Direct and wonderfully paced.

No Retro or anything Metroid related was a bummer, but whatever. Nintendo will announce new stuff in the fall Direct.

Awesome presentation overall.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great showing, probably the best presentation of the week. Still dragged a little in the middle though. The animal crossing delay is sad, but not super disappointing since it looks like a more substantial reimagining than I expected. Luigi's Mansion looks fantastic, as did Astral Chain. Banjo was well done, I guess that one leak that mentioned Duck Hunt was right, and "the Hero" (what a name...) looks more interesting than I expected. Some of the no shows are a bit of a bummer but not super unexpected. A good showing overall and hopefully Treehouse this week reveals lots more interesting stuff.

8/10

plan9

Nov 22, 2017
Alrighty, another Retro no-show:( Super curious to hear what has went down at Retro Studios over the past 5 and a half years they haven't had a new game out. I wonder if we'll ever know.

Oct 25, 2017
With the pause/retooling they announced a few months back I'm not surprised at all. Anything they'd have right now is probably too rough to show, especially given expectations. That's fine, it's still coming.

I am surprised there was no Trilogy port, if nothing else a remaster of that would be a great way to tide people over.
I was mainly referring to the trilogy port. I already mentioned in a previous post that it's too early in restarted development to expect anything form prime 4.
I accepted that I wouldn't even see port news.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
What a Direct, there are so many games for 2019 that choosing what not buying will be really difficult!

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Regarding metroid: prime 4 is obviously not yet ready to show if they rebooted it this year.

And if the trilogy exists (which I am quite sure of), I kinda get that they won't release it in the next 6 months, considering how packed everything is. Until early 2020.
They need something to hold us over until mp4 releases and now would be a bit too early I think.

Although I think a Samus returns 3ds port is also not impossible....

Man... It sucks to be a Metroid fan ;)

Bayonetta 3 will be shown after Astral chain is released I'm sure.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wew that was game after game after game announcements...

Great Direct. Still waiting for SMTV but lots of RPGs in there so can't complain.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for a BotW sequel. 1st one was alright. Hopefully they have actual dungeons and story this time.

And maybe play as Zelda.....

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Absolutely incredible direct. Super upset about Animal Crossing delay but i was prepared for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.