Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
this is miyamoto on his way to work this morning so...

dysfw7hucaegqdb1bk4z.jpg
This is a little creepy. No wonder he was banned from biking, there are enough weirdos in the world.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
No, TeamLeftMatch handled the box bet, mostly because I thought it was best I took a step back from handling another mass bet ha ha.

You're thinking of the avatar I provided Muzy for the Grinch Leak bet.
Oh, I knew the Box Bet was done by someone else; but there was a seperate Incineroar bet that I thought you handled, but I guess not.

I can't remember, but weren't all the Grinch bet avatars identical or something? Maybe that's why I remember another invasion of similar-looking avatars.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
I know that there are Holidays in Japan but they could announced it today. Smash Direct was also announced 2days prior the event.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I knew the Box Bet was done by someone else; but there was a seperate Incineroar bet that I thought you handled, but I guess not.

I can't remember, but weren't all the Grinch bet avatars identical or something? Maybe that's why I remember another invasion of similar-looking avatars.
Incineroar was kind of related to the box bet - those who lost it got Incineroar avatars because he was the final reveal.

Yeah, all losers of the Grinch leak (well those who adopted the avatar), had to wear this, Suzuho (the girl from my bet) wearing a Grinch outfit:

suzuhogrinch.png

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monday is almost over in Japan, which means that it's not going to be holiday over there anymore. Maybe they will announce it in a few hours.

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
Well, maybe it will be 13th early morning in Japan. That would make it 12th in US. So perhaps an announcent can happen today?

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
Things in this thread that I've found interesting:

- GTA V. Isn't there any rumor or update? Vern please :(
- Mother 3. Wouldn't you guys like a new Brand Mother 4 game since the IP is dead and it would be controversial to remake the third one? They could do a whole new game which changes lots of things. And I know the director didn't want to, but maybe if it's something different (in the same line) would work… Moreover, Smash has permitted many users tknow the series (such as me) and I think there's an important user base interested in the IP.
- Game cards. Are they really that expensive? I'm quite sad thinking that some great games may not come to the console because of their Price :(

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
It's a holiday in Japan but the announcement could happen at 12am anyway so no holiday anymore there.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a holiday in Japan but the announcement could happen at 12am anyway so no holiday anymore there.
Is that hour really that big of a difference though? Directs are announced 11 PM Japan time. That's way after business hours on a regular day as it is. They don't announce them during Japan's business hours. I don't see why 11 PM or 12 AM makes a difference. I know technically it would mean the holiday is over, but why not just announce it at 11 PM? Lol

I don't want to disrespect their holiday, so it could be very important to them to not announce anything the entire day.

Last edited:

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Does anyone have any tips for dealing with sudden and abundant depression for once the direct ends and literally 99% of the things people have speculated about and convinced themselves are 100% guaranteed don't happen and aren't mentioned in the slightest?

I think it'd be good if we could start brainstorming and post the list at the top of each page once the direct is formally announced.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Incineroar was kind of related to the box bet - those who lost it got Incineroar avatars because he was the final reveal.
I definitely remember a second bet exclusively about whether or not Incineroar would make it in (though maybe it wasn't an avatar bet?) I do remember some people being stuck with their losing avatars for four weeks because they lost multiple bets.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
"We know that a lot of fans are upset about our metroid prime 4 news. Our team at retro studios worked hard to deliver the first three metroid games in HD to current and future fans of this franchise. You can download it right now!"

Thats all i want from the direct

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
I am also curious what would be the Doom/Dark souls/Civ6 calibre announcement of this direct? What is the majority's opinion?
I hope it's not AC3

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Things in this thread that I've found interesting:

- GTA V. Isn't there any rumor or update? Vern please :(
- Mother 3. Wouldn't you guys like a new Brand Mother 4 game since the IP is dead and it would be controversial to remake the third one? They could do a whole new game which changes lots of things. And I know the director didn't want to, but maybe if it's something different (in the same line) would work… Moreover, Smash has permitted many users tknow the series (such as me) and I think there's an important user base interested in the IP.
- Game cards. Are they really that expensive? I'm quite sad thinking that some great games may not come to the console because of their Price :(

I don't think we'll ever see Mother 4. The series pretty much lives with Itoi. He doesn't care to make another one.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Things in this thread that I've found interesting

- Mother 3. Wouldn't you guys like a new Brand Mother 4 game since the IP is dead and it would be controversial to remake the third one?
Nah. Mother 3's a pretty definitive end point for the series, so a potential Mother 4 just comes across as pointless and unnecessary. All Nintend need to do for the series is either keep porting the games to the Switch their future systems or remake them if they want to try a get more people to play them.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Queen of Direct has arrived.
clink clink, bishes

l91qfxjdz.gif

I am also curious what would be the Doom/Dark souls/Civ6 calibre announcement of this direct? What is the majority's opinion?
I hope it's not AC3
we know wolfenstein youngblood is coming, but that's probably not as major as those three announcements. GTA V will definitely do the job tho.

Wouldn't you guys like a new Brand Mother 4
not happening without itoi, and itoi doesn't want to do it so...

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
My answer from before:
No. Shigesato Itoi doesn't want to make another one, and I wouldn't want them to push out another one just for the sake of it.

I'd appreciate remakes though.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. Mother 3's a pretty definitive end point for the series, so a potential Mother 4 just comes across as pointless and unnecessary. All Nintend need to do for the series is either keep porting the games to the Switch their future systems or remake them if they want to try a get more people to play them.
I agree with the remakes. I want Nintendo to do full remakes of all 3 games at some point.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is nearly impossible to keep up with lol. I'm hyped for the Direct. Think it will be a great one, though admittedly there are very few Directs I've not been happy with. Guess I'm easily satisfied or an optimist.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Is that hour really that big of a difference though? Directs are announced 11 PM Japan time. That's way after business hours on a regular day as it is. They don't announce them during Japan's business hours. I don't see why 11 PM or 12 AM makes a difference. I know technically it would mean the holiday is over, but why not just announce it at 11 PM? Lol
Last general Direct was announced at 12am Japan time, that's 2:40 hours from now

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/1039876296120008705

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
there's not really a lot of old DQ games that can easily be ported to switch and still look good. 8 is the only one, pretty much.
i think there's just going to be spin offs before 11. maybe heroes 1+2 can finally come over now that cart prices are going down (that one is on a 32 GB cart).
All of the mobile ports of the Dragon Quest games would work fine on the Switch, with some slight tweaks

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
MGS V !
Well, maybe not during this direct.
But I believe it for this year !
clink clink, bishes

l91qfxjdz.gif

we know wolfenstein youngblood is coming, but that's probably not as major as those three announcements. GTA V will definitely do the job tho.

not happening without itoi, and itoi doesn't want to do it so...

Yes both MGS V and GTA V will do the job. Some other options may be kingdom hearts 3 and FF XV console edition

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, Mother 4 just wouldn't feel genuine. The original trilogy all had a sense of heart behind them that can't be replicated; with Itoi stepping out of his comfort zone with the original game, Mother 2 become a huge project with many tribulations during development, and Mother 3 facing a mountain of delays and a cancellation before releae.

Mother 4 isn't something I want, but I definitely want remakes in the future.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yes both MGS V and GTA V will do the job. Some other options may be kingdom hearts 3 and FF XV console edition
One insider in this thread said that Square deemed KHIII too unfeasible for a Switch release.

I can't be bothered to dig up Imran's post, but if someone else could that would be great.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Some of y'all need to relax and stay motivated...go get some pizza or take a nap maybe even get yourself a strawberry sundae.

Status
Not open for further replies.