The truth about [Hidden Content] is:

• The [Hidden Content] we made along the way

Votes: 151 19.3%
  • What [Hidden Content] said before insiders were run off

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • The Last Jedi

Votes: 152 19.5%
  • Honestly, I feel like user [Hidden Content] posts way too much.

Votes: 95 12.2%
  • [Hidden Content]

Votes: 206 26.4%
  • That's what [Hidden Content] said

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • Lightning [Hidden Content] twice

Votes: 97 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be more inclined to believe that Ace Attorney is dead. Capcom has largely moved on from Nintendo, and series that don't sell well. If you look at where they've been focusing their money and resources, it's not on series like AA.

Takumi is probably in a banishment room or some shit.

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
As long as Takumi is there, I will not lose hope. They haven't had the dude on anything not at least Ace Attorney-adjacent in 20 years, save for Ghost Trick, and if they've lost faith that Ace Attorney can succeed, I don't exactly think they'd have more faith in another Ghost Trick game.

To say nothing of the fact that the dude hasn't been credited with anything in 3 years - either he's got a new project, or he's next out the door. I suppose we'll see which one it is.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't lost all hope just yet. I'm hoping this hiatus is just temporary and they're either waiting on some other games down the pipeline or thinking of a good way to shake up the formula. I'm just keeping my expectations low so at least if something gets announced I can be pleasantly surprised.

Speaking of, maybe I should finally give Ghost Trick a shot soon. I keep hearing good things about it and it seems right up my alley, just never got around to it for whatever reason.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I believe so. Capcom would be absolute morons to not put it on Switch, Japan especially, is firmly Nintendo's territory now.

Just because the guy left? Nah. I doubt Ace Attorney of all things is dead.

I think the next game has been taking so long just because this the team's very first HD title, made from the ground up.
It doesn't spark confidence when two directors that have worked on Ace Attorney have left. And heck Shu the director of the original Ace Attorney trilogy hasn't been on the franchise since Great Ace Attorney Duology. I just don't see it. I would be really happy to be wrong.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
It doesn't spark confidence when two directors that have worked on Ace Attorney have left. And heck Shu the director of the original Ace Attorney trilogy hasn't been on the franchise since Great Ace Attorney Duology. I just don't see it. I would be really happy to be wrong.
The last Dai Gyakuten Saiban game came out just three years ago, though. That really isn't all that long ago, and if Takumi happens to be involved in the production of the next mainline AA game, it would make perfect sense why he hasn't done anything in that time, AA-related or otherwise.

It's not a guarantee or anything, but I still think there's a good chance Capcom's doing something with the series in the next couple years.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
The last Dai Gyakuten Saiban game came out just three years ago, though. That really isn't all that long ago, and if Takumi happens to be involved in the production of the next mainline AA game, it would make perfect sense why he hasn't done anything in that time, AA-related or otherwise.

It's not a guarantee or anything, but I still think there's a good chance Capcom's doing something with the series in the next couple years.
I hope you're right. Capcom these days have been mainly focusing on AAA titles with one small game like MegaMan. Although my main concern is if the next Ace Attorney game is a direct sequel to Spirit of Justice, I hope the story is decent since the director of that game has left.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Ace Attorney would be great.

I wish they'd translate the series to Spanish again though. The trilogy on Switch is missing that language despite the DS games having it...

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Ace Attorney would be great.

I wish they'd translate the series to Spanish again though. The trilogy on Switch is missing that language despite the DS games having it...
I never understood why Spanish got the worst end of the stick. I remember how every time Ace Attorney Twitter account would tweet, a lot of the replies were people either asking Great Ace Attorney localisation, Ace Attorney 7 or Spanish translation lol.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it depends on the game in this case. Stories is definitely not that game. just look at how Capcom handled everything MH prior to World. they don't care enough for a global release, especially when it took Nintendo's publishing to even get the game out in the west.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
it depends on the game in this case. Stories is definitely not that game. just look at how Capcom handled everything MH prior to World. they don't care enough for a global release, especially when it took Nintendo's publishing to even get the game out in the west.
As of late, majority of Capcom games have been worldwide releases right? Well major games to.be precise. I now can see why it would be strange for a game like Stories to be under localisation before being announced.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing a Mario Direct (or Twitter drop) near the end of this month that sets up the Mario collection for late September and 3D World for mid-November, with Pikmin having been announced recently as a palate cleanser between those two Mario releases, and a Direct later in fall looking ahead to 2021 (basically the stuff we would've seen at E3, i.e. maybe Bayo 3, maybe BotW2).

MouseyMantle

Apr 9, 2020
I just hope the actual 35th anniversary of Mario (September) doesn't go by without at least one Mario game, whether it be a remaster or completely new one

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
220px-YES-Snowboards-logo.jpg
Does this look odd to anyone else? Like it's messing with my eyes.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As of late, majority of Capcom games have been worldwide releases right? Well major games to.be precise. I now can see why it would be strange for a game like Stories to be under localisation before being announced.
because this is not a major game. they never treated any of their Nintendo-only games to worldwide releases recently as far as I can tell.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If it is Twitter dropped, it would just be more proof Nintendo is absolutely tone deaf.

Not so much tone deaf as completed unpredictable and borderline nonsensical.

Tone deaf would imply that it's a bad decision when I don't think that would really be the case.

When did people get off the September train? Insiders have been maintaining that it will release in September, nothing has changed yet. They have until August 26th to announce it if they want it to release in September at retail.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Not so much tone deaf as completed unpredictable and borderline nonsensical.

Tone deaf would imply that it's a bad decision when I don't think that would really be the case.
If they twitter drop Mario and weren't saving it for anything specific, they should have done it before to avoid giving poor Pikmin the Bakugan treatment.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
So do we think Mario collection gets announced before or on the 13th? That would leave 30 days for Japanese preorders to open.

Also hidden content not working on mobile is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.