• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The truth about [Hidden Content] is:

• The [Hidden Content] we made along the way

Votes: 151 19.3%
  • What [Hidden Content] said before insiders were run off

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • The Last Jedi

Votes: 152 19.5%
  • Honestly, I feel like user [Hidden Content] posts way too much.

Votes: 95 12.2%
  • [Hidden Content]

Votes: 206 26.4%
  • That's what [Hidden Content] said

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • Lightning [Hidden Content] twice

Votes: 97 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty shocked at that October 30th date for Pikmin. Here I was thinking it's be an August title earlier in the year.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think this was ever planned.

The simple fact that AC was pushed back to March 2020 was the first red flag. This felt EXACTLY like Tropical Freeze being pushed back to early 2014.

Back at E3 I figured they were pushing Animal Crossing to 2020 since 2019 was stacked.

It probably was a Tropical Freeze scenario too.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Didn't even realise it was the last day of October until reading a few posts above mine. So Nintendo's just announced a full price port of a seven-year-old game, 11 weeks away from launch... while they have no other confirmed software releases between now and then... after a lukewarm partner showcase... and an incredibly slow 2020...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe NCL should've grown their studios at a faster rate and much earlier. Everyone is making HD games now. No more 3DS.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't mean disrespect but I find it hard to believe that the pandemic didn't alter schedule and stuff when they have such a difficult to even organise a proper direct.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna say nah to the pessimism, during the Switch Nintendo has had a better lineup than any other dev quantity and quality wise.

Jan 2, 2018
Didn't even realise it was the last day of October until reading a few posts above mine. So Nintendo's just announced a full price port of a seven-year-old game, 11 weeks away from launch... while they have no other confirmed software releases between now and then... after a lukewarm partner showcase... and an incredibly slow 2020...

And they're laughing all the way to the bank. It's disappointing, but it's working for 2020.

Paper Cheese

Oct 9, 2019
Thank you! Literally what I was saying in September 2019. Nintendo felt off. Like what's going on with their damn development internally. I want to blame Takahashi because he's in charge of software development. These are the peaks years and without COVID it looks like it wasn't going to be so great anyways?
Nintendo were super quiet in 2018 as well in terms of internally developed titles, only two came out of Nintendo EPD that year. Hell, even looking at the last three years, they haven't released many big titles compared to 2017. Feels like there are either lots of big projects in development concurrently, or something has gone wrong with a few of the projects and things have been restarted/cancelled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_Planning_&_Development#Games_developed

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
As someone desperately waiting for a MPT announcement, this Pikmin 3 announcement hurts!

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Animal Crossing was made by Nintendo, last year was packed, and next year will be better as well, I don't get what's so crazy about it
I still wonder about August onwards from last year.
There was so many games in that time frame.
Before that was Fire Emblem and Mario Maker but they were a month apart.
I just wonder why they didn't space them out more, they could have mitigated the void many people felt around Animal Crossing.
Was it to have those games out before the Holidays?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
We're three months from Black Friday. Any big (new, non-port) holiday title would have to have been announced by now. We seriously aren't getting any games this year. Being a Nintendo fan is suffering.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
Does the post-Pikmin 3 depression stem from the end of October date more than anything else?

Are we in the anger stage at the moment with some already in the bargaining & acceptance stage.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's time for Nintendo to announce something new, because Switch owners morale is dropping fast when realizing their big holiday game might just be a collection of Mario port.

I'm not too bothered myself but I can see why Switch only owner might feel bad.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Feeling vindicated about C. Tsubasa basically confirming what I've been saying since earlier this year when we caught wind of the 3D collection.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The thing that worries me about 2020 is that I'm sure N is gonna pack 15 games in 5 months at some point of next year for some unknown reason.

I don't have that much time available, I'm still clearing my summer 2019 backlog because everything came out in 3 months.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo were super quiet in 2018 as well in terms of internally developed titles, only two came out of Nintendo EPD that year. Hell, even looking at the last three years, they haven't released many big titles compared to 2017. Feels like there are either lots of big projects in development concurrently, or something has gone wrong with a few of the projects and things have been restarted/cancelled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_Planning_&_Development#Games_developed
At this point I'm just hoping they have basically all their teams working on big projects and planned to release in 2021. I expect a lot from EPD.

Darrilium

Jan 3, 2020
all the games announced or still to be announced were releasing this year.

all other companies had covid19 troubles but you dont see them lacking in releases, how many new ip's did the Switch get tell now from Nintendo?

i swear this company works in a way that no one in this planet will understand.
What a disaster of a year...

I really hope they have some huge things planned for 2021. Zelda just won't be enough.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
fucking WOW at the pikmin thread. some people are having meltdowns over nintendo announcing a port.
I know. And people keep insisting there is no "anti-Nintendo" agenda around these parts...

What the hell do you call all those negative responses? The game never even got the recognition it deserved.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Ah, neat! Welcome into the world, Pikmin 3.... again.

Reading the thread, I actually forgot that some people didn't know about Pikmin 3. Wow at the reaction.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
So no way a general Direct happens anytime soon, right? Partner Direct and a Mario Direct maybe but the Pikmin announcement for late October should kill that no?

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017

all other companies had covid19 troubles but you dont see them lacking in releases, how many new ip's did the Switch get tell now from Nintendo?

I'm gonna go out on a crazy limb and say that Metroid Prime Trilogy is finally coming this year...

I'm always out on this limb, and I think it's about to break. 😭

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
I feel like every announcement from Nintendo this summer is making the perspective for this year even worse than it already was.

Jan 2, 2018
The thing that worries me about 2020 is that I'm sure N is gonna pack 15 games in 5 months at some point of next year for some unknown reason.

I don't have that much time available, I'm still clearing my summer 2019 backlog because everything came out in 3 months.

Yep, 2021 will be a crazy year, like 2019, where they released so many games in the latter half, that I've still played only a few of them until now!

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
Remember when I said no Nintendo games until November and everyone shouted me down?

Not looking so unlikely now is it.

OP
OP
reconceptualize
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

Remember what we know about their internal management - a Kyoto-based company that has multiple executives with vetoing power over many different projects. Getting support from all branches for a project should be easier, but it's apparently the primary way those upper-level executives operate. Things might change once they begin to step down, but it does make a bit of sense in a frustrating way.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
This is a sad year for the Switch and a strange one for Nintendo.

Usually we expect having ports in the first 2 years in a console life and it peaks in its third and after, never in my life saw a console getting this much ports nearing its 4th year in the market?

its not about covid19, thats the lineup since the beginning of the year, with only 1 consloe to support and with all the success its having!?!? what is Nintendo doing with it? most games are even not developed by Nintendo? "Smash, Fire Emblem etc"

just by looking at Wii U Nintendo games and the Switch lineup it makes me wonder what in the blue hell Nintendo doing on the Switch.

Could it not be something as simple as Nintendo having a plan to release ports whenever development on a title is delayed? Like, the Wii U failed but Nintendo clearly weren't disappointed with the quality of a lot of their titles so they figured that their 5 year roadmap has plenty of wiggle room with these ports in reserve whenever a game needs extra time.

If BOTW2 is severely affected by COVID for example they could bring over the Wii U Zelda ports, or XBCX if the next Xenoblade game needs more time. I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing some 3DS ports at some point either, they clearly aren't afraid to give their titles more time in the oven now.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
A fool is one who claims to understand what Nintendo does or thinks, for Nintendo is a being beyond comprehension and thought.
Being Nintendo is a state of mind.

But I guess that also means less time staying in these forums and more time actually playing my Switch games.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
lol another wii u port, another chance to bring the Nintendo doomers out of the woodwork

Status
Not open for further replies.