• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The truth about [Hidden Content] is:

• The [Hidden Content] we made along the way

Votes: 151 19.3%
  • What [Hidden Content] said before insiders were run off

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • The Last Jedi

Votes: 152 19.5%
  • Honestly, I feel like user [Hidden Content] posts way too much.

Votes: 95 12.2%
  • [Hidden Content]

Votes: 206 26.4%
  • That's what [Hidden Content] said

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • Lightning [Hidden Content] twice

Votes: 97 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

majim19

Jul 17, 2020
This whole 2020 dry lineup is indirectly settting up 2021 to be one of the best lineups ever for a Nintendo console lol

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
It can be of course. It will break the curse of "Nintendo doesn't announce a new 2020 game until the only announced one is released".
Yeah. And I think you're right that they might do a Mario-focused presentation.

There's plenty that could be there - 3D World DX, Collection, a spin off for this year or 2021, Mario titles coming to NSO (original All Stars, RPG, Mario Paint, GameBoy launching with Land 1 and 2), and, if it's real, top it all off with confirmation of Odyssey 2 for 2021. It could well be what they'd planned for April or E3, just coming a few months later because they've been shuffling the schedule.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Comparing the summer seasons (June-Sept)

JUN - Arms
JULY - Splatoon 2
AUG - Mario x Rabbids
SEP - Pokken Dx

JUN - Mario Tennis Aces, Sushi Strikers
JULY - Octopath Traveller, Captain Toad
AUG -
SEP - Xenoblade Torna, Labo 3

JUN - Mario Maker 2, Cadence of Hyrule
JULY - FE Three Houses, Marvel UA 3
AUG - Astral Chain
SEP - Links Awakening, Daemon x Machina

JUN - Clubhouse 51
JULY - Paper Mario OK
AUG -
SEP - ???

Is Torna a standalone game or DLC? Because you can add that to 2018 too

spicynun

Jul 19, 2020
People who think this reveal means no September games need to realize Nintendo is super unpredictable right now, and it's hard to predict what they are up to. I mean no one seemed to predict this reveal or the random smash update for instance.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Comparing the summer seasons (June-Sept)

JUN - Arms
JULY - Splatoon 2
AUG - Mario x Rabbids
SEP - Pokken Dx

JUN - Mario Tennis Aces, Sushi Strikers
JULY - Octopath Traveller, Captain Toad
AUG -
SEP - Labo 3

JUN - Mario Maker 2, Cadence of Hyrule
JULY - FE Three Houses, Marvel UA 3
AUG - Astral Chain
SEP - Links Awakening, Daemon x Machina

JUN - Clubhouse 51
JULY - Paper Mario OK
AUG -
SEP - ???

Is Torna a standalone game or DLC? Because you can add that to 2018 too
Torna is standalone

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
A Mario presentation with the following

-3D Mario Collection coming September
-Super Mario 3D World coming January 2021
-Mario Sports coming November
-Nintendo Switch Online Mario All Stars
-Super Mario Odyssey 2 coming 2021

Bump the 3D Collection to November and the Mario Sports title to like, March/April and this is looking pretty realistic.

I suppose BOTW2 would probably be out before Odyssey 2 though, so maybe BOTW2 is November 2021 and Odyssey 2 is early 2022?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2021 is going to be amazing!

-2D Metroid
-BotW 2
-Odyssey 2
-New Pokemon Snap
-Pokemon D/P Remakes
-Mario Kart team game

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020

Here's the summary of the guesses following the "lightning strikes twice" comment. Cap said that "Some already got it right" so it should be something from this list or some derivative of something from this list.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
This is crazy. Nothing about this announcement makes sense. It gives the impression that they have nothing coming in August (which I've accepted already) or September (which I still refuse to accept).

Yes, Covid screwed up their 2020 plans.

But I am having a hard time wrapping my head around their lack of communication, games, & general direct...ion.

What sort of 2020 did they plan on having before the pandemic? Because, from where I am sitting, it wouldn't have looked great.
Some stuff could have gotten slid back not because it got delayed but to compensate for potential 2021 delays
If there was a september game they would have announced it already
Eh could be a digital only release or tied to NSO. Or so big it doesn't need lead time, a Mario collection would fit that bill

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
No? Don't think it's fanfiction. Look either way I'm not hyping anything up. I'm just connecting the dots from the leaks.
The only reputable leaks we have are Mario ports.

"Connecting the dots" lmao, it's exactly as I said. People believing things because of baseless hunches, "detective work" and because "it just makes sense"

Question: do you think we're getting any internally developed games this year beyond just the rumored Mario ports? And if so, why?

Aramon

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Wow, Era is reacting harshly to Pikmin 3 Deluxe on what would otherwise be positive news.

And now I remember why I went on a self-imposed exile. People here are quite vitrolic about any Nintendo news. I can't imagine how bad it was during the SMTV announcement.
I've noticed the same pattern and what's funny the negativity comes almost always from same posters.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Can we add Super Mario RPG to NSO? Thanks in advance ;)

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Nintendo really has new thinking if they let a Pikmin 3 Deluxe announcement just go Direct-less on YT.

so hyped woooo!

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just expecting another partner showcase and an indie presentation this month. Might be pessimistic, but Nintendo has been really weird this year.

Nah I think this is the most logical / realistic assumption right now. Maybe another twitter announcement for the Mario Collection / 3D world ports in between. We sure as hell ain't seeing a general direct until 2021

Last edited:

Darrilium

Jan 3, 2020
Great, now we can look forward to Pikmin 4 lol, though sending Pikmin 3 out to die in late October when they could have just easily released it in September raises a red flag.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So... No games in August and September... And October 30 Pikmin? With Mario Allstar December? Lol.

Tell me it isn't so.

RobFox64tm

Oct 30, 2017
So, probably the only completely original game Nintendo is releasing in 2020 is Animal Crossing. That's... just a bad year, man. And that's coming from someone who loves the series. I don't have a problem with rereleases, but when that's the bulk of your lineup, it's a bad look for sure, even in a pandemic. I think we'd best just accept 2020 as a loss for Nintendo (though I'm sure they'll do fine, financially). I'm sure 2021 will be better.

Xenolam

Jun 16, 2020

two more I'd like to see:

- Mario RPG for NSO SNES
- Mario Kart 9 or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC from Tour

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I think most people are happy we're getting Pikmin - just concerned about what you might be able to infer from it's announcement.

Jan 2, 2018
So, probably the only completely original game Nintendo is releasing in 2020 is Animal Crossing. That's... just a bad year, man. And that's coming from someone who loves the series. I don't have a problem with rereleases, but when that's the bulk of your lineup, it's a bad look for sure, even in a pandemic. I think we'd best just accept 2020 as a loss for Nintendo (though I'm sure they'll do fine, financially). I'm sure 2021 will be better.

What about Paper Mario and Clubhouse Games?

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
This is a sad year for the Switch and a strange one for Nintendo.

Usually we expect having ports in the first 2 years in a console life and it peaks in its third and after, never in my life saw a console getting this much ports nearing its 4th year in the market?

its not about covid19, thats the lineup since the beginning of the year, with only 1 consloe to support and with all the success its having!?!? what is Nintendo doing with it? most games are even not developed by Nintendo? "Smash, Fire Emblem etc"

just by looking at Wii U Nintendo games and the Switch lineup it makes me wonder what in the blue hell Nintendo doing on the Switch.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
What about Paper Mario?

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Did everyone just forget about Smash DLC? It seems like its still coming this year.
I've never really understood why people put such focus on DLC when talking about release lineups. Smash, Pokémon and Animal Crossing DLC (Or anything else for that matter) do not make up for full games or gaps in the lineup. Not even close. Never will.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Nintendo's 2020 in a nutshell:
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Encore
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Xenoblade: Definitive Edition
  • Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe
  • Bravely Default 2
  • 3D Mario collection
  • 3D World Deluxe
Assuming nothing that we don't expect gets announced, this has got to be the worst Nintendo lineup since 2016 by far.
2018 already has that beaten. Only good games to come that year were Smash and Octopath. PMD, AC and Pikmin together already beat that for me.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017

wow so not even Paper Mario "counts" now?
Nintendo original output in 2020 has been underwhelming, I don't get why people always exagerate it is these weird ways

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
haha yeah that's true

I think we'll get Halloween stuff in early to mid October, harvest stuff (including the gardening) in early November, and the café in early December alongside the winter holiday stuff

that's just my best bet though

Autumn of dreams for AC but I think the Halloween update will have something more. No update has had only a single thing.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
X was stuck on the Wii U though, a console that not many people owned.

XB1 was on the Wii and 3DS, systems many people owned.

I get that. X is one of my favourite games ever and i would love to be able to retire my WiiU once it gets a switch port. However XB1 faced its own issues reaching a wider audience being Gamestop exclusive on the Wii in the USA and being a New3DS exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.