Votes: 412 39.4%
  • New IP

Votes: 146 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
That was the worst thing I've ever witnessed.

Looks like my 'pessimistic' prediction was actually the most optimistic one, and I got backlash for it:

Rest of 2020:
- October - Pikmin 3 port
- November - Mario Ports Collection & Pokemon DLC part 2
- December - Smash Fighter #7
- See you next year

All in all, it looks like there's some really deep troubles going on inside Nintendo at the moment, or the Switch Pro rumours are true and they are waiting until Q2 2021 to release new games, so we should expect a variety of ports until April '21 (SM3DW, SSHD and MP Trilogy)
Yup basically, im still kinda stunned that nintendo thinks a fall full of ports is something we want.

Alejandro

Jan 9, 2018
We'll probably go into september completely blind. No way the insiders are gonna risk more of the abuse that they get. This is all on Nintendo's marketing mess.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is must be a bold strategy to make people hate third party content on Nintendo and release 2 first party games yearly that sell 20 million.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
Guys...I have been reading the past few pages and I have something very important to say.

Please use the term reactionary correctly. It does not mean "to respond in reaction to something", it actually means "a person who holds views that are anti-reform and anti-socially liberal" (ie right-winger, conservative). The term you guys are looking for is "reactive".

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Big brain thought: the Mario collection has been delayed to 2025 for Mario's 40th anniversary

GreenKing1979

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Well the problem is not solely the fans' expectations. This is the way they choose to communicate with us, they could just announce Partner/Indie Directs several days or a week prior to their releases. This way, they can spare a lot of the hate as their fans(including us) are going crazy speculating about anything Nintendo due to the lack of communication on their end.

I am aware of their perspective and the business side of things, but is it really hard to straight out announce that a Partner/Indie Showcase is going to happen in a few days?
Whats the difference between announcing Partner/Indie Directs days or weeks in advance and shadow dropping them, when it seems everyone here is so against them in the first place?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nate can go in on Nintendo all he wants. But I'm sure he'll have to bring up how he could have been so confident about things he ended up getting wrong. Not specifics of course. But it's clear that his information is either bad or it's vague and he is inferring way too much about the info he has been given.
Yes of course.

Sep 29, 2019
The developers that actually pay to be on the Partner Showcases are actually brave. They are really out there putting their games on one of gaming industry most hated showcases LMAO. Jokes aside though, if i were a developer, i wouldn't really put my stuff on a Partner Showcase. I don't blame the devs though, they probably paid for this months prior.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, there was a Direct this week.
Nate had said it wasn't going to be a partner showcase though.

I know plans can change but in that case don't say stuff like that. I know it's partly my fault in listening but at this point I'm confident in saying the insiders aren't reliable, at least for this year.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
Grubb was frankly wrong here, too, though he was always a bit more cautious to begin with.

Again, I don't think any of the insiders are 'fake' or 'phony' or whatever else trolls call them. They're all good, fun people who have been proven time and time again to know stuff. But I definitely think we as a community need to reevaluate how we treat their words as the word of god.

God works in mysterious ways, no need to do any re-evaluation - any rumour should be taken with a pinch of salt. That's it.

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always thought it was weird that Nintendo would hold a Direct during Gamescom. Just seemed like odd timing to me. The Showcase drop today makes sense. Whatever other first-party games they have planned before end of the year, I'm sure we will know about them very soon.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grubb was frankly wrong here, too, though he was always a bit more cautious to begin with.

Again, I don't think any of the insiders are 'fake' or 'phony' or whatever else trolls call them. They're all good, fun people who have been proven time and time again to know stuff. But I definitely think we as a community need to reevaluate how we treat their words as the word of god.

. Ive been echoing this sentiment for a long time now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
How i unironically imagine Nintendo rn
:
GreatUncomfortableAruanas-size_restricted.gif

Nah that's the fans and the insiders sources.

Nintendo's probably Homer sitting on the couch as always not doing anything.

Dec 18, 2018
That was the worst thing I've ever witnessed.

Looks like my 'pessimistic' prediction was actually the most optimistic one, and I got backlash for it:

Rest of 2020:
- October - Pikmin 3 port
- November - Mario Ports Collection & Pokemon DLC part 2
- December - Smash Fighter #7
- See you next year

All in all, it looks like there's some really deep troubles going on inside Nintendo at the moment, or the Switch Pro rumours are true and they are waiting until Q2 2021 to release new games, so we should expect a variety of ports until April '21 (SM3DW, SSHD and MP Trilogy)
Who said Q2, the Bloomberg article states early next year, Q1. Maybe March? The article states that the release of switch upgrade with new games is maybe what this has been a quite year for Nintendo on the games front. Thrust in Nintendo. I predict Nintendo general direct before sept 16.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
What's the latest on directs?

This is actually insane lol, surely we have a mario presentation or a September direct before the 13th

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Maybe the worst of it all is that by the name "Partners Showcase", you would expect some interesting third party game, but with all due respect they are really really minor releases.

DeniroSerafim

Apr 5, 2018
As someone who owns a Wii U, a PS4 and a gaming PC, the Switch has been extremely disappointing, almost every game worth playing I can get somewhere else.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I mean this time next week we'll be 2 days into September, so it's not as if "things'll happen next month" is some far-off thing

I figure we'll be seeing Partner Directs every month until the end of the year, though, unless the reaction to them causes Nintendo to budge (which I doubt).

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Fool me once - shame on you (July Partner Direct)
Fool me twice - shame on me (August Partner Direct)
Fool me thrice - scream FUCK YOU at my screen (September Partner Direct)

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Nate had said it wasn't going to be a partner showcase though.

I know plans can change but in that case don't say stuff like that. I know it's partly my fault in listening but at this point I'm confident in saying the insiders aren't reliable, at least for this year.

Yeah he explained why. He knew about a direct of some kind this week, and he was told Mario collection was also going to be announced this week, so he assumed it was a general.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Guess I should devote more time to the backlog than to reading these direct threads. I like the partner showcases in theory, but they just fall flat when Nintendo development news is nonexistent.

Friendly reminder

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hi everyone.

Just a quick reminder. Do not antagonise your fellow members, whether they are insiders or not.
It's fine to be disappointed/frustrated etc, but if you can't join the conversation without taking it out on other members, you're better off ignoring the thread.

Nov 6, 2017
At this point I would just appreciate Nintendo being honest and announcing that due to COVID, titles planned for this year are no longer going to be delivered. Outright saying that they don't have titles to show off publically yet due to the pandemic is much better than them not saying anything.

hannybunny24

Jun 25, 2018
Germany
Me: 10% sad I have to wait even longer.
Also me: 90% enjoying this timeline, because this had more twists than an M. Night Shyamalan movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.