• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is 13 our luck number?

• Yes

Votes: 352 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 263 24.6%
  • Dill Spowser

Votes: 303 28.3%
  • Phoug Bencer

Votes: 152 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Is there any particular reason people are thinking a Direct announcment is near? Other than wishful thinking? I've been outta the loop lately.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
You guys have any relatively obscure games in your top 5/10 of all time list?

I think I've decided Might and Magic 7 belongs somewhere in the top 10. All that WRPG discussion earlier made me think of it.

I have Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge in my top 10 but I don't think it's obscure by any means. It's just the younger generation that are not familiar with the series in general. If I were Disney I'd have made Guybrush Threepwood the next Homer Simpson.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
It's alot but it's far from insane. Let's say you play alot more during the holidays. Kids probably play too. Leave the game open for a while. etc..
I guess so, yeah

it's just... it's Mario Party. get them Kart, captain. get them Tennis. get them something else to play, there are four fucking maps in that game

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
So guys whats the most played Switch game on your systems?

I have super Mario party at 640 hours, although not the best Mario party game but i play it daily with my wife and kids, i hope we get the new one soon with more maps this time.
I really wish there were options to streamline Super Mario Party. I loved the game but there's a lot of little flourishes that make the games take so much longer. If there were options to cut those out and it had more maps, it would easily be my favorite Mario Party games.

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
Yeah, man. Really sorry for all what is happening in Brazil. But I believe the news Nintendo is going to drop next week would be a great way to distract yourself. Stay safe!

Also, congrats on Nintendo establishing in Brazil! Did you heard that?
Yeah! Got the news on Instagram and was really happy! Just hope that they sell the Switch and the games for a price that's fair to the country...

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
I just noticed that OT 13 (4th), 12 (9th) and 11 (22nd) are all somehow in the top trending threads. This OT is prolific, folks.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yeah I wouldn't consider that terribly obscure.

Maybe obscure was the wrong word, maybe I'm thinking more "unusual"? Like something that you wouldn't see on very many top 10 lists.
Let me tell you about a little game called Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Or maybe I could interest you in tales of a game called Sin & Punishment: Star Successor?

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Okay, I have started Evergate. Fun little puzzle platformer. As expected from the trailer, the aesthetic and sound design is very reminiscient of Ori.
I'm not trying to contort myself to interpret his post as some sort of abstruse hint, but man

that is a shitload of Mario Party
I feel like 640 is probably a hint. Well, less so a hint than Cap obviously fucking with us..Everything else seems like a stretch.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Just to let you know, I don't know how reputable this is and I don't know if somebody already mentioned this. I recommend taking this with a grain of salt.

spongebob-i-need-it-gif-20.gif

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Is it still worth getting into Splatoon 2 at this point for a new player? Looking to do Multiplayer

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Yeah I wouldn't consider that terribly obscure.

Maybe obscure was the wrong word, maybe I'm thinking more "unusual"? Like something that you wouldn't see on very many top 10 lists.
Making a top 10 of all time is HARD. I think I managed to make a top 10 of the last decade, but that's as far out as I've gotten. I'd really have to work at it to do a top 10 ever

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
I think people are reading too deep into what was posted, but that's just my opinion.

I was going to sleep last night, than i thought it may be Eternal Darkness and i said to myself i shouldn't sleep.

Maybe when its Zero hour i can go sleep before sunshine, than i just went to party to play sport games.

For the love of god, not everything i say is a hint, yes i played mario party for 640 hours and that wasn't a hint for anything.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
I was going to sleep last night, than i thought it may be Eternal Darkness and i said to myself i shouldn't sleep.

Maybe when its Zero hour i can go sleep before sunshine, than i just went to party to play sport games.

For the love of god, not everything i say is a hint, yes i played mario party for 640 hours and that wasn't a hint for anything.
Haha, sorry for our tinfoil hats Cap!

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017

😂

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Bookmark this post and I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong about any of this.
There will never be:

Any more themes, basic or special like the 3ds on the Switch.

No Xenoblade profile icons on the Switch

No eshop music like Wii or WiiU on the Switch

No folders on the Switch

No messaging service between friends on the Switch that aren't preselected by Nintendo i.e hello do you want to play?

I wish I was wrong but I know this is the truth. Maybe we'll get some of this on a hypothetical Switch pro or the Switch 2

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just to let you know, I don't know how reputable this is and I don't know if somebody already mentioned this. I recommend taking this with a grain of salt.

I'd assume the only reason this version hasn't been announced is because they probably have a deal in place to announce it in a Direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bookmark this post and I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong about any of this.
There will never be:

Any more themes, basic or special like the 3ds on the Switch.

No Xenoblade profile icons on the Switch

No eshop music like Wii or WiiU

No folders

No messaging service between friends that aren't preselected by Nintendo i.e hello do you want to play?

I wish I was wrong but I know this is the truth.
Sounds believable

Status
Not open for further replies.