Status
Not open for further replies.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair that render of Mario was posted like 2 weeks ago on Nintendo of Japan Instagram account. As for Aonuma he is just an individual if you get my point. btw. that tease was really good but i wanted a thief game from him :d But i can't think of any examples from the past when Nintendo teased something like this. I can only remember tease of Nintendo Direct for January 2018 with Talkatoo (but they almost definitely did that because everyone knew about that Direct and then they posted Chibi Robo) fun times.
Either way that render should be for.... something. Not just a random tweet

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What arcane rites do I have to perform to get Nintendo to do anything with the Eternal Darkness IP?

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
To be fair that render of Mario was posted like 2 weeks ago on Nintendo of Japan Instagram account. As for Aonuma he is just an individual if you get my point. btw. that tease was really good but i wanted a thief game from him :d But i can't think of any examples from the past when Nintendo teased something like this. I can only remember tease of Nintendo Direct for January 2018 with Talkatoo (but they almost definitely did that because everyone knew about that Direct and then they posted Chibi Robo) fun times.
To be frank, I can't recall a time they've hinted at a game via a tweet, however, their Twitter account can be a bit cheeky at times (if you recall, they posted a picture of Chibi Robo on fire as Direct speculation blew up). It's hard to tell if they were being coy about a potential Mario Sunshine remaster only because they have to know what people would construe if they include the words "Mario" and "sunshine" in a single tweet.

The likelihood of this, I agree with you, is exceptionally low. It just wouldn't surprise me if it came to fruition.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
To be frank, I can't recall a time they've hinted at a game via a tweet, however, their Twitter account can be a bit cheeky at times (if you recall, they posted a picture of Chibi Robo on fire as Direct speculation blew up). It's hard to tell if they were being coy about a potential Mario Sunshine remaster only because they have to know what people would construe if they include the words "Mario" and "sunshine" in a single tweet.

The likelihood of this, I agree with you, is exceptionally low. It just wouldn't surprise me if it came to fruition.
We will see. If that happen i am curious to see how will they do that since Joy-Cons can't do analog triggers.

zen1990x

Jul 1, 2019
September Direct is incoming, there's been too many leaks to argue otherwise. We've had the GameStop SKUs, the SNES games list (from a while back), the SNES controller patent leak, along with the impending Nintendo Switch Online renewal coming up on September 8th; it's happening, and it's happening soon.

My prediction is Tuesday, September 3rd.
I Think it will be on Wednesday the 4th of September. lol

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Call me a fool, but I believe Retro's game exists and it's Donkey Kong. The reason it took so long is because they had to reboot it from WiiU to Switch and Nintendo has been sitting on it. I think it's going to be shown at TGA or the first direct of 2020. Reason is because Nintendo doesn't like to show games off too far off release and it's a 1H 2020 game.
Donkey Kong Country Return of the Kremlings, a full 3D Open World Platformer or nothing at all Donkey Kong. Give me:
-Animal Rides for land and sea traversal
-Vine Swinging in a Lush Jungle
-Crazy Ass 3D Mine Cart caverns with twisting paths and even unpside or sideways sections.
-Hulk like combat with Donkey Kong smashing through the kremling ranks
-Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong have been imprisones by K. Rool and don't show up until the end of the game.
Huh, I didn't realize that until now. You're right, that one is Odyssey-based while this airport render looks more similar to how Mario is styled in the Mario Maker 2 renders.
I also think its reason why its a tease and not something random. Nintendo still seperates Generic Mario Renders for universal use in marketing and advertising from the game specific artstyle and renders, independent from what the last mainline release was. If its a render using Odyssey Mario its an Odyssey related tease for me. DLC would be coming a bit too late, and I doubt Nintendo would dow with BotW2 what they did for SMG2 and not employ that tactix for an Odyssey 2.
What arcane rites do I have to perform to get Nintendo to do anything with the Eternal Darkness IP?
The antichrist is POTUS so I'm pretty sure anything can happen nowadays. No need tonsummon satan, he's been pretty busy.

zen1990x

Jul 1, 2019
September Direct is incoming, there's been too many leaks to argue otherwise. We've had the GameStop SKUs, the SNES games list (from a while back), the SNES controller patent leak, along with the impending Nintendo Switch Online renewal coming up on September 8th; it's happening, and it's happening soon.
Isn't the renewal date on the 18th? And everyone got a weeks free trial so the true renewal date would be the 25th?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not DLC...they didn't sit around for 2 years to do dlc for Odyssey. IF there's a hint at all it's for Mario Odyssey 2 with Delfino Isle as a Kingdom.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Isn't the renewal date on the 18th? And everyone got a weeks free trial so the true renewal date would be the 25th?
Automatic renewal term: Nintendo Switch Online family 12‑month (365‑day) membership
Price (subject to applicable taxes): $34.99
Deadline to turn off automatic renewal: 09/17/2019 05:19 (24H PDT)

This was in my email

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Pikmin 3, Wario Ware, SNES Games AND Odyssey 2 with sunshine levels? ok
You might've honestly hit it on the head what Nintendo's first party announcements are. You have the Wii U 2013 port in Pikmin 3. 2 brand new first party games in Warioware (Emily's Mystery game #4) coming this year and Odyssey 2 for next year.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
They certainly won't wait until the very last day to announce whatever they have planned for the service' second year so it makes sense to announce it early next month anyway.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
It will be in first week of September (not sure about exact date because last time they did it on Wednesday). But first week of September makes a lot of sense - it's before TGS, it's before Switch Lite, it's before Daemon X Machina launch, it's before Nintendo Switch Online one year renewal.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
It will be in first week of September (not sure about exact date because last time they did it on Wednesday). But first week of September makes a lot of sense - it's before TGS, it's before Switch Lite, it's before Daemon X Machina launch, it's before Nintendo Switch Online one year renewal.

Does this mean the direct will be mostly about reminding everyone all the games coming out in September and after instead of announcing new stuff? Makes sense even though I really want to hear some more announcements.

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
Either way that render should be for.... something. Not just a random tweet

I know better than to expect anything out of it, but it's really striking as odd to me how it's an Odyssey Mario-style render when there has never been generic Mario artwork (not associated to a specific game) which uses that style. (Compare the Vacation suitcase Mario with the Watermelon Mario for example) They're different styles.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Does this mean the direct will be mostly about reminding everyone all the games coming out in September and after instead of announcing new stuff? Makes sense even though I really want to hear some more announcements.
I think they will start and end with new announcements. Also some updates on games like new AC: New Horizons, some third party stuff. It will be good enough.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
To be honest, I doubt many bombshells will be in this Direct.

I just want to know the next Smash fighter, dammit!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well of course they're going to remind us lol. It doesn't mean that will take much time. Zelda will probably get a trailer the most. LM3 maybe a trailer or something a little longer. What else is there? Panzer Dragoon, Sonic, some indies, DQ XI, D X M? Everything else is basically in a montage or a short mention. Maybe DQ XI gets another trailer.

There will definitely be new announcements. I'm expecting 2-3 new Nintendo games (not ports). I'm expecting a Nintendo Wii U port in Pikmin 3. I'm expecting lots of third party games to be announced.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Call me a fool, but I believe Retro's game exists and it's Donkey Kong. The reason it took so long is because they had to reboot it from WiiU to Switch and Nintendo has been sitting on it. I think it's going to be shown at TGA or the first direct of 2020. Reason is because Nintendo doesn't like to show games off too far off release and it's a 1H 2020 game.

If Retro was sitting on a DK game I wouldn't blame them at all or be surprised. After what happened with the initial Tropical Freeze and Cranky Kong reveals I imagine they'd realize they would need the franchise to just sit quiet for a bit. Odyssey, Tropical Freeze, Kirby and Yoshi are already available so just let those platformers do what they do for a while. Bring DK back when it doesn't appear that the fans could be going through some form of platformer fatigue. Though I imagine if it was 3D people would be more welcoming since we haven't seen a 3D DK adventure since the 64.

Donkey Kong Country Return of the Kremlings, a full 3D Open World Platformer or nothing at all Donkey Kong. Give me:
-Animal Rides for land and sea traversal
-Vine Swinging in a Lush Jungle
-Crazy Ass 3D Mine Cart caverns with twisting paths and even unpside or sideways sections.
-Hulk like combat with Donkey Kong smashing through the kremling ranks
-Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong have been imprisones by K. Rool and don't show up until the end of the game.

Don't quite agree with the bolded but over all YES! OH GOD YES!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people reluctant to say we're going to have a lot of announcements? When is Nintendo going to announce all their games? You see the combination of handheld and console come together. It means more games from Nintendo on one system.

They can't hold back announcements. That's why Directs are so great now. Switch success plus no handheld development. It took a couple of years, but I think we're there. Plus all the third party devs on board unlike Wii U or 3DS (western).

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Why are people reluctant to say we're going to have a lot of announcements? When is Nintendo going to announce all their games? You see the combination of handheld and console come together. It means more games from Nintendo on one system.

They can't hold back announcements. That's why Directs are so great now. Switch success plus no handheld development. It took a couple of years, but I think we're there.

To be fair previous september nintendo directs were mostly focused on 3rd party stuff

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Sept 2018 direct:
3 new games + 1 wii U port

Feb 2019 direct:
3 new games (I guess 4 If you wanna count boxboy)

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance the 2013 Wii U port could be Wonderful 101? Or is Pikmin 3 pretty much a done deal?

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Sept 2018 direct:
3 new games + 1 wii U port

Feb 2019 direct:
3 new games (I guess 4 If you wanna count boxboy)

Am assuming you're only talking about first party titles because we got more new games than that in both directs. =) Also, we got 5 First party ones in February.

Feb 2019
Super Mario Maker 2
Box Boy + Box Girl
Tetris 99
Astral Chain
Link's Awakening

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Probably the kind where you can turn back time to a point where you can prevent the IP's original creators from ending their relationship with Nintendo and then proceeding to run the company into the ground and disgracing themselves and everyone involved.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Well of course they're going to remind us lol. It doesn't mean that will take much time. Zelda will probably get a trailer the most. LM3 maybe a trailer or something a little longer. What else is there? Panzer Dragoon, Sonic, some indies, DQ XI, D X M? Everything else is basically in a montage or a short mention. Maybe DQ XI gets another trailer.

There will definitely be new announcements. I'm expecting 2-3 new Nintendo games (not ports). I'm expecting a Nintendo Wii U port in Pikmin 3. I'm expecting lots of third party games to be announced.

I'm just trying to keep my expectations in line lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair previous september nintendo directs were mostly focused on 3rd party stuff

Yeah. I should clarify I don't mean to say it will be first party focused. Like let's say there's 2-3 new games and a port from Nintendo. That would take like 5 minutes out of a 35 minutes Direct.
Any chance the 2013 Wii U port could be Wonderful 101? Or is Pikmin 3 pretty much a done deal?

Everyone is kind of on board with Pikmin 3 because Zell said it was coming. Also, we say Emily's 2013 Wii U port is Pikmin 3 and she never says it's not.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the kind where you can turn back time to a point where you can prevent the IP's original creators from ending their relationship with Nintendo and then proceeding to run the company into the ground and disgracing themselves and everyone involved.

Who says they need Dyack to do anything with it? They fully own the IP.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Retro was sitting on a DK game I wouldn't blame them at all or be surprised. After what happened with the initial Tropical Freeze and Cranky Kong reveals I imagine they'd realize they would need the franchise to just sit quiet for a bit. Odyssey, Tropical Freeze, Kirby and Yoshi are already available so just let those platformers do what they do for a while. Bring DK back when it doesn't appear that the fans could be going through some form of platformer fatigue. Though I imagine if it was 3D people would be more welcoming since we haven't seen a 3D DK adventure since the 64.

This is a pretty good point I didn't think of. If Retro has 2D DK ready Nintendo would want it to wait. Like you said they don't want platformer fatigue again like Wii U. People complained there was too many 2D platformers coming. We already had Yoshi and Mario twice this year. DK would be overkill and could suffer because of platformer fatigue.

Nintendo would want DK to be as successful as could be. Really good point

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Super Mario Sunshine HD would be the perfect December release, IMO. It wouldn't take that long to develop, so it could release this year (if it's a thing of course), it wouldn't take the spotlight off of any of the other Holiday titles, and a summer-themed game would be perfect game would the long winter (dream of sunshine).

That being said, X to doubt.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This. I also doubt they will be able to finish MP4.
Retro are dead to me.
giphy.gif

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I feel like we won't hear anything about that anytime soon. Not until Banjo has been out for a while at least.

So.. mid November- early December 🤔

There are two fighters left and they all have to be out by February. The Fall Direct is the perfect time to reveal one.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who says they need Dyack to do anything with it? They fully own the IP.

They don't need to but they also don't seem to do this kind of stuff. I can't think of a single instance where they took an IP created by an external company and gave it to a different company. They seem to prefer to work with an IP's original creators so there's probably not much incentive or interest to bring it back when the brains behind it are scattered to the four winds.

Not that the sanity effects really need "Eternal Darkness the IP" to work.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They don't need to but they also don't seem to do this kind of stuff. I can't think of a single instance where they took an IP created by an external company and gave it to a different company. They seem to prefer to work with an IP's original creators so there's probably not much incentive or interest to bring it back when the brains behind it are scattered to the four winds.

Not that the sanity effects really need "Eternal Darkness the IP" to work.

Kirby's Epic Yarn is weirdly an example of that, though I assume HAL had to approve?

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Super Mario Sunshine HD would be the perfect December release, IMO. It wouldn't take that long to develop, so it could release this year (if it's a thing of course), it wouldn't take the spotlight off of any of the other Holiday titles, and a summer-themed game would be perfect game would the long winter (dream of sunshine).

That being said, X to doubt.

It's aged like piss.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I replayed all the 3D Marios when Odyssey came out and I stand by my notion that Sunshine is by far the worst one.

Status
Not open for further replies.