Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tali'Zorah

Oct 27, 2017
Norfolk, UK
Lintemuth-Studios 2020 List Edit 2 Patch Notes:
  1. Removed insider's name from the intro. My apologies to him.
  2. Added SPECULATION tags to 2 points
  3. Added TWEWY2
  4. Added Famicom Remakes
  5. Added Fire Emblem DLC
Hopefully this should clear up some confusion.
TWEWY2? Has this been rumoured? I must've completely missed this, I've fully given up hope of any kind of TWEWY sequel at this point as well haha

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Mario 64 for me was always a weird game. Maybe because i wasn't into gaming when 64 was still a thing [and i came late to the party, too] but i always see people talking so well about Mario 64 and i just can't seem to enjoy it that much. The levels are fun and all, but it's so confusing often times. Maybe it's just not for me.
Yeah I'm gonna try to get into it whenever I can on Switch (if I can...) but it might be something you needed to be there to enjoy

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mario 64 was a great game at the time, a great game now and a revolutionary game. You can't replicate going from 2D Mario on SNES to 3D Mario with a stick.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Lintemuth-Studios 2020 List Edit 2 Patch Notes:
  1. Removed insider's name from the intro. My apologies to him.
  2. Added SPECULATION tags to 2 points
  3. Added TWEWY2
  4. Added Famicom Remakes
  5. Added Fire Emblem DLC
Hopefully this should clear up some confusion.
Famicom remakes? You mean Detective Club?
If you add third party stuff, you can add Fatal Frame as speculation.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Why a Nintendo theme magazine suddenly want to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Monster Hunter?

Hmmmmmm
I am reaching. Yeah I know.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I really can't trust any "leaks" that say that there was a 3DS FE remake that was planned after SoV and then cancelled. There's no time for it at all. SoV came out in 2017, and then they would have gone straight to TH. IS has made comments on wanting to make more remakes, so it's likely we will get another, but that detail about being from the 3DS is a big red flag to me.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So possibly Direct before January 21?
giphy.gif

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
In addition to Metroid 5 and MPT, I hope the Samus Returns remake gets remastered for Switch. I've always really wanted to play it but I refuse to buy a 3DS for one game lol.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Why a Nintendo theme magazine suddenly want to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Monster Hunter?

Hmmmmmm
I am reaching. Yeah I know.
I don't think you're reaching that much tbh.
Reminder that MH Festa is happening on the 19.

edit:
In addition to Metroid 5 and MPT, I hope the Samus Returns remake gets remastered for Switch. I've always really wanted to play it but I refuse to buy a 3DS for one game lol.
Plenty of good games on 3DS! If you find a cheap one (New or 2DS), I really recommend it.

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
Million reasons to think Nintendo Direct os next week... It can only means one thing...

LADY GAGA IS OUR NEW DIVA!!! Bye bye Mariah Carey

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you're reaching that much tbh.
Reminder that MH Festa is happening on the 19.

edit:

Plenty of good games on 3DS! If you find a cheap one (New or 2DS), I really recommend it.

Is this the first time Monster Hunter Festa is happening and if not do you know what usually happens there? Can we expect game announcements from it?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Is this the first time Monster Hunter Festa is happening and if not do you know what usually happens there? Can we expect game announcements from it?
It's not, been the case since a while. This year's festa has been in 2 parts, both of which have a focus on MHW Iceborne DLC announcements and events.
MH 4G was announced at Festa in 2013 for example, but most other MH games have been announced in investors conferences or Nintendo Directs (or E3 for World).
It doesn't much obviously, but if there's a time to tease a MH Switch logo, it's there (or the Direct just before/afterwards I guess)

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
oh boy we sure are getting a Direct this week, there's so much smoke

you guys have only a little more time to change your votes

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I really can't trust any "leaks" that say that there was a 3DS FE remake that was planned after SoV and then cancelled. There's no time for it at all. SoV came out in 2017, and then they would have gone straight to TH. IS has made comments on wanting to make more remakes, so it's likely we will get another, but that detail about being from the 3DS is a big red flag to me.
Yeah, the public information we have pretty much rules out a second Fire Emblem remake ever being planned for 3DS - Shadows of Valentia was a stopgap project and a farewell to 3DS before full production went ahead on Three Houses for Switch.

It's believable Nintendo had further remakes planned for 3DS and shifted them over to Switch (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon might be one such project), but Fire Emblem can't have been one of them.
Wasn't Imran one source for both the Fire Emblem remake claim and Super Metroid remake? Seems like he had bad information.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I've always been Team Appetizer for this upcoming week, but I feel it now more strongly than ever. Let's will it into existence

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City

I can believe that if Nintendo had the misguided hope that the 3DS would continue to be relevant for a few more years, IS could've formed a small team to work on a second 3DS remake, since 3H was mostly Koei Tecmo. The problem here is that a small team wouldn't have been able to work on 6+7 in one package, those are two full games. A remake of both of them would've been the biggest FE game ever.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
For those of us who believe the Direct is in a few short days, what time do you want it to air in your time zone? Be selfish or selfless all you want

I'm hoping for 6PM ET, I want to be home from work in time to stream it on my living room TV

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Three Houses had a minimal IS staff though(several directors), so some kind of parallel development isn't unbelievable. It already happened once with Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance.

Status
Not open for further replies.