For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Monster Hunter would be a very weak ending. No thank you.

It'll end on a big first party reveal, of course.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully it's a 1-2 punch closer like Astral Chain/LA and Banjo/BOTW2. The penultimate ones were basically on par with the opener and closer in that case

Christo750

May 10, 2018
If this presumed Switch Monster Hunter is real and it's more in the vein of World, I may jump in. I haven't played World yet but it sounds like the Monster Hunter I might actually enjoy.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
People are delusional if they think Monster Hunter wouldn't be big enough to close a direct.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Wouldn't mind Monster Hunter in the middle but not as a final reveal. Starting first party and ending first party is how it should be.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Monster Hunter would at least be a better opening/closing game than Overwatch was.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Start: new Paper Mario game
Middle: Super Mario 3D World and Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Ending: Metroid V

Just beautiful.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
until capcom goes "fuck hong kong"
I'm not just talking about that; even before the Blitzchung situation soured me on Activision Blizzard as a whole (something i'm especially thankful for after seeing how Reforged turned out) it felt bizarre to open a direct with a late third-party port, no matter how big the game was.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
The most i want to see from BOTW 2 in this upcoming Direct is a short teaser.

Do you guys think GTA V on switch could be a system seller this late in the game's life cycle?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Random prediction: if there's a Direct this upcoming week, the "available after this presentation ends" thing will be Pokémon HOME.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
My ideal...:

Opener: New Paper Mario

Closer: 1-2 punch with Bayonetta 3 and Diddy Kong Racing 2 (or whatever the MK team is doing)

Within real expectations

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Random prediction: if there's a Direct this upcoming week, the "available after this presentation ends" thing will be Pokémon HOME.
It feels weird that they didn't date it alongside the pricing and information release, so I could see it getting a short highlight in the Direct, sure.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be WAY better than closing with a remake, that's for sure.

It's impossible to be a killer ending for everybody - that remake/remastering announcement was for me one of the highlights of recent years. XC2 was a joy and XC1, a game said to be far better, I (and undoubtedly countless other JRPG fans) never got a chance to play.

Monster Hunter on the other hand only interests me because I can see they've done something appealing with World, and I'd be happy to give it a go if they create a similar, quality experience on the Switch.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Not sure why Nintendo decided to open the last Direct on Overwatch anyway. Surely one of the Q2 2020 titles could have taken Overwatch's place. Overwatch should have been a headline.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
Still not ideal, but that's true.

Yeah. That was a really bad opening. They need to hit hard with something at the start this time around.

Do you happen to actually know what games might be the openers and closers? Without telling us the names of course.

And, are those big reveals for the average poster here in ERA?

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Not sure why Nintendo decided to open the last Direct on Overwatch anyway. Surely one of the Q2 2020 titles could have taken Overwatch's place. Overwatch should have been a headline.

The September Direct was one of the bigger blunders of the Switch era, IMO. No big first-party reveals at all (no, I don't count Xenoblade as big). Why did they hold off on all the announcements?

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
The September Direct was one of the bigger blunders of the Switch era, IMO. No big first-party reveals at all (no, I don't count Xenoblade as big). Why did they hold off on all the announcements?
I do believe that they had barely nothing in store and were buying time. Probably nothing big either until second half of 2020 and 3rd parties already used most of their bullets, Nintendo is under heavy negotiations to get 3rd party games most probably and will buy time internally with ports and announcements of games that will come in a very distant future (like MP4, Bayo 3, BotW 2)

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I know you want to remain below ground, but you do know, at least tell me that. You know what's coming, dont want names, quantity, dates, just confirmation that something interesting is indeed going to be shown during next direct.

There's gonna be some awesome stuff in there. They won't go all out though. Stuff will be saved for E3. You don't need an insider to tell you that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.