Votes: 419 25.6%
  • OT8

Votes: 241 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
This is a misconception. For some people, yes, it is. For most people it is not. Even for young people the mortality rate is significantly higher than the flu.
That's not true at all. Death rate so far has been the same or even lower. The problem lies on the amount of confirmed cases. In a country like Italy only the very ill get tested, while many others are probably infected and will course the virus without any or very mild symptoms. Hence why the death rate seems very high.

However in countries like Germany or Norway, the death rate is very low, even lower than some of the normal flu viruses. And that's because anyone in Germany can be tested if they request it. And I'd imagine that not all of those infected without symptoms actually go and get tested in Germany, so the death rate is even lower.

There are around 60 thousand deaths per year in the USA only due to influenza/flu according to the CDC and no one says anything about it.

And BTW I'm not denying it's a dangerous virus, it is for the vulnerable groups like very old people (average age of the dead ones is 80 years) and for those with preexisting health conditions. But it will go through as mild to asymptomatic in the vast majority of people, just like flu does.

Lastly, common flu is far more lethal on young people than this virus, don't alarm everyone.

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019
That's not true at all. Death rate so far has been the same or even lower. The problem lies on the amount of confirmed cases. In a country like Italy only the very ill get tested, while many others are probably infected and will course the virus without any or very mild symptoms. Hence why the death rate seems very high.

However in countries like Germany or Norway, the death rate is very low, even lower than some of the normal flu viruses. And that's because anyone in Germany can be tested if they request it. And I'd imagine that not all of those infected without symptoms actually go and get tested in Germany, so the death rate is even lower.

There are around 60 thousand deaths per year in the USA only due to influenza/flu according to the CDC and no one says anything about it.

And BTW I'm not denying it's a dangerous virus, it is for the vulnerable groups like very old people (average age of the dead ones is 80 years) and for those with preexisting health conditions. But it will go through as mild to asymptomatic in the vast majority of people, just like flu does.

Lastly, common flu is far more lethal on young people than this virus, don't alarm everyone.

It's ok to reassure people, but don't forget that without the right measures, it will still bring a country's health care system to its knees. Many more infected people need hospitalisation than in a common flu season.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
It's ok to reassure people, but don't forget that without the right measures, it will still bring a country's health care system to its knees. Many more infected people need hospitalisation than in a common flu season.
Completely agree, taking the right steps to avoid the propagation is what needs to be done. However alarming the population can be more.harming than keeping things calmed and the public informed.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Can't wait for the Nier x Animal Crossing crossover.

It should be forbidden for games that are not on Switch to interact with those on Switch.

Square, get off your ass and port the game to Switch already. Everybody wants it, fans, Switch owners, Yoko taro and Platinum. You're the only problem.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017

The death rate is estimated to be 1 or 2 percent. This is not the flu. It's worse and you are the one who seems to be spreading wrong information. Did you ever see the common flu create huge lockdowns? This virus directly targets the lungs and is in fact more dangerous than the flu.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
I had zero intention of ever getting AC, couldn't care less about it and never followed any of the teasers or trailers and well... I picked it up on release day. Well played Nintendo, well played...

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't Platinum been itching to port Nier A for years now? It's completely up to SE at this point, Platinum is definitely on board but SE appears not to be.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
The death rate is estimated to be 1 or 2 percent. This is not the flu. It's worse and you are the one who seems to be spreading wrong information. Did you ever see the common flu create huge lockdowns? This virus directly targets the lungs and is in fact more dangerous than the flu.

This is a videogame topic, ffs please stop.
We don't usually quarantine for the flu do we ? So yes it's slightly dangerous and no it's not a death sentence to have it, the vast majority can and will recover, even those who are 'at risk' can recover fully, also a lot of treatments are promising AND the first human trial for a vaccine started ! See the positive side ffs. Follow procedure, have fun as much as you can during those tough times, and bickering and politicizing the issue we'll get you NOWHERE.

Now, because I can't just think of ONE virus the whole day when I'm quarantined (france), let's hope that direct is indeed next week !

I know there are tons of lists and wishful thinking
  • Xenoblade DE
  • Bravely Default 2
  • Super Mario 3D world
  • Paper Mario
  • wii u port 2 ?
  • Nier please please
Uncharted territory, but what I REALLY hope to see
  • Kingdom Hearts collection, this is by far something I really wish I had in portable format, we have it now on Xbox so no more PS exclusivity here
  • Wind Waker...never finished it and would be just amazing on the Switch
  • New IP
  • BOTW, MP4 and Bayo that's E3 territory for me 99% we won't see them

I'm too absorbed by Fire Emblem to start AC:NH haha, that fire emblem is SO FREAKING GOOD.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
Early death rates are insignificant when a large parte of the population is.infected without.knowing it.

Besides, Italy has officially reported than more than 99% of the reported deaths come from old people with preexisting health conditions.

That's official.

Germany has a death rate of 0.25%. That's official and that's the country where more tests are conducted BY FAR.

Edit: Sorry moving on from this.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
I could really use an N64 announcement for NSO. Like I feel like playing those classics all over again without having to go and fetch my N64 (in fact I can't since all population is in a total quarantine here in Argentina and the console is like 20 blocks away from me) or without having to undust my WiiU

Last edited:

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
This is a videogame topic, ffs please stop.
We don't usually quarantine for the flu do we ? So yes it's slightly dangerous and no it's not a death sentence to have it, the vast majority can and will recover, even those who are 'at risk' can recover fully, also a lot of treatments are promising AND the first human trial for a vaccine started ! See the positive side ffs. Follow procedure, have fun as much as you can during those tough times, and bickering and politicizing the issue we'll get you NOWHERE.

Now, because I can't just think of ONE virus the whole day when I'm quarantined (france), let's hope that direct is indeed next week !

I know there are tons of lists and wishful thinking
  • Xenoblade DE
  • Bravely Default 2
  • Super Mario 3D world
  • Paper Mario
  • wii u port 2 ?
  • Nier please please
Uncharted territory, but what I REALLY hope to see
  • Kingdom Hearts collection, this is by far something I really wish I had in portable format, we have it now on Xbox so no more PS exclusivity here
  • Wind Waker...never finished it and would be just amazing on the Switch
  • New IP
  • BOTW, MP4 and Bayo that's E3 territory for me 99% we won't see them

I'm too absorbed by Fire Emblem to start AC:NH haha, that fire emblem is SO FREAKING GOOD.
I'm not going to go on about the virus but being worried is a good reaction to this type of situation. No one should panic but a healthy dose of worrying will keep you and everyone you love around you more safe.

now back to videogames, Nier Automata is my most wanted port. And a 2020 date for botw would make it an excellent year for me. I think this year will be port heavy but I missed on so many PS4 games the last 3 years that I wouldn't mind some of the ports.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
I could really use an N64 announcement for NSO. Like I feel like playing those classics all over again without having to go and fetch my N64 (in fact I can't since all population is in a total quarantine here in Argentina and the console is like 20 blocks away from me) or without having to undust my WiiU

J*der, sí, me haría feliz la 64, y más cuando no la tuve.

Sorry to the rest of the thread for posting in spanish

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

You'll get Game Boy classics this year (not even Advance, just Gameboy), and you'll like it!

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
I, too, believe that by the time we get N64 on switch, PS5 and xbox series x will be backwards compatible with even the Sega Mega Drive.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, i could totally see MS being crazy enough to do BC for Sega consoles, just because. Regarding Sony, i think i heard their execs laughing at this idea ozeiyo . ;D

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I kinda wish some of the No More Heroes 3 hype passed into Deadly Premonition 2 that one is going to have some of the best writting ever on the Switch 🤤

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't Platinum been itching to port Nier A for years now? It's completely up to SE at this point, Platinum is definitely on board but SE appears not to be.

Just after Switch was revealed, Square-enix stated that they see Switch differently from other platforms and would create a different lineup. They did, their whole lineup had been traditional and nostalgia themed. I mean, even Dragon Quest XI, which was a special request from late Iwata, has nostalgic aspects to it.

So far they haven't released any modern games on the console. Remakes, remasters or RPG's with traditional gameplay & visuals (like Bravely Default). No last gen ports (there's Last Remnant though), no current gen ports (DQ11 most likely funded by Nintendo), absolutely zilch from Eidos. If Nier Automata really happens on Nintendo, it's gonna be a first.

I kinda wish some of the No More Heroes 3 hype passed into Deadly Premonition 2 that one is going to have some of the best writting ever on the Switch 🤤

Suda51 killed all my hype for NMH3 when he revealed the gameplay would be motion control focused. As a Lite owner, if the button gameplay feel like second thought, I'm out.

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
I gotta say, I am loving Dragon Quest XI. And I only bought it because of the covid and because I hope, at some point, that Tim Rogers will let me into his house. I don't expect SqEnix to port anything else that's current to switch, however.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Just after Switch was revealed, Square-enix stated that they see Switch differently from other platforms and would create a different lineup. They did, their whole lineup had been traditional and nostalgia themed. I mean, even Dragon Quest XI, which was a special request from late Iwata, has nostalgic aspects to it.

So far they haven't released any modern games on the console. Remakes, remasters or RPG's with traditional gameplay & visuals (like Bravely Default). No last gen ports (there's Last Remnant though), no current gen ports (DQ11 most likely funded by Nintendo), absolutely zilch from Eidos. If Nier Automata really happens on Nintendo, it's gonna be a first.

Look, if it gives us Switch-exclusive remakes of Final Fantasy V and VI developed by the Bravely/Octopath team, I'll be okay with it.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Look, if it gives us Switch-exclusive remakes of Final Fantasy V and VI developed by the Bravely/Octopath team, I'll be okay with it.

It's best to expect the worst from Square-enix. FF5-6 remakes make super sense (though I'd want them looking similar to Trials of Mana. Prerendered popup book backgrounds are not my thing) but they'll probably remake FF3 for a second time, aka the worst FF.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but I can't help noticing...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...ega-anniversary-website.176199/#post-30073868

Sega-60th-Site_03-19-20_Top-600x315.jpg

Well lookit that there date.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Suda51 killed all my hype for NMH3 when he revealed the gameplay would be motion control focused. As a Lite owner, if the button gameplay feel like second thought, I'm out.
he did? huh pretty weird, interesthing how this is gonna turn out, motion control gamming hasn't been a thing for many years. kind of nostalgic.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, Animal Crossing: NH is the ultimate example of how the fact that we don't know much about a game close to its release is absolutely not an indicator of the amount of content or features. Game is packed with polish and features despite us knowing next to nothing just a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.