• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anarki

Oct 27, 2017
Kirby Squeak Squad - Kirby Mouse Attack
Konami Classics Series: Arcade Hits - Konami Arcade Classics
Lunar: Dragon Song - Lunar Genesis
CrossworDS - Nintendo presents: Crossword Collection
All the Layton games for DS
Style Savvy - Nintendo presents: Style Boutique
Trace Memory - Another Code
On 3DS there are also a few, like Cooking Mama 5, some eShop games (Sakura/Hana Samurai, Ketzal's Corridors - SpeedThru: Potzol's Puzzle)

There are probably some more, but that's what I remember from the top of the head

Last edited:

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
Been on a DS kick lately. Just got all the Professor Layton games in today. Looking for the 4 Ace Attorney games now. Pretty sure the DS became my biggest collection out of all my systems recently. Close to, if not past 80 games now.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The DS is the best system to collect for since like the Genesis because of these sweet, sweet clamshell cases and the relative dearth of rereleases on digital stores.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
EU cases are pretty bad though.

yeh they are chunky and take up too much room.
what they are good for though is storing GB and GBC games if you want to have custom cases, you only need to remove two small tabs at the bottom and the GB games fit in the GBA slot perfectly. For some reason the GBA and DS slots in the US cases are positioned differently and need to be more heavily modified if you want them to hold GB/C games (and look rubbish imo).

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I imported nearly all my DS games from the US (I live in England), despite the system being region free, because of the ugly PAL cases. I prefer the slimmer NA ones.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Been meaning to pick up a few spare New Nintendo 3DS styluses for the better part of a year now as the one that shipped with my Happy Home Designer broke and doesn't stay in the system well anymore, leaving me down to the one I took out of a spare boxed N3DS I had.

Unfortunately it seems like Nintendo's online store only has black listed anymore, even though I distinctly remember both white and black being listed at one time. Gonna give 'em a call after work to see if they have any white left in store, as I've called in the past looking for parts that weren't listed on the store that they did have some remaining of.

Oct 31, 2017
I imported nearly all my DS games from the US (I live in England), despite the system being region free, because of the ugly PAL cases. I prefer the slimmer NA ones.

I didn't know about those slimmer cases until I imported my first DS game (Radiant Historia if I'm not mistaken).

The worst thing of all for me though are black and white manuals.

RonianAT

Jul 23, 2019
I like the EU cases more than the NA ones!

New arrivals per mail in a few days will be for me:
-Orc & Elves

3DS:
Shinobi & Luigis Mansion 2 (first print of course).

Still lookingi for rare US releases for the DS. I think I wont get them because of the price :/

-The Dark Spire
-Knights in the Nightmare

(I had this game, but sold it years ago. I am stupid^^ I didn't like strategy games back in the day, but now I play them often.)

RonianAT

Jul 23, 2019
Got a new haul

DS: Orcs & Elves and Geometry wars Galaxies

3DS: Shinobi and Luigis Mansion 2

Pictures dont work in the forums, dont know why. I am new here :D

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I got two new 3ds pick-ups recently, First snagged a copy of 'Jake Hunter Detective Story: Ghost of the Dusk' when I saw it for $23 (I think this is going to be a bit of a rare title in the long run) and also imported Snack World and a box of TreJara Boxes (They were both kind of cheap on amazon.jp). I'm enjoying Snack World so far and looking forward to the switch localized release.

Got a new haul

DS: Orcs & Elves and Geometry wars Galaxies

3DS: Shinobi and Luigis Mansion 2

Nice pick-ups. I loved Orcs & Elves on DS. I'm sad we didn't get more games from Id Mobile on the DS. =(

RonianAT

Jul 23, 2019
Nice, can you read Japanese?

Any opinions on Heroes of Ruin or PacnRoll? Are they worth getting?

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I also grabbed some new DS/3DS games recently. Went ahead and go Lost Magic (DS), Tetris Axis (3DS), and original Luigi Mansion (3DS).

Still looking to add more when I come across them.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
Got a few recently:

DS: Phoenix Wight Ace Attorney, Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations, Trauma Center Under the Knife 2 and Ghost Trick Phantom Detective. Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center and Ghost Trick are all sealed, but not sure if PW is factory sealed. Might be a reseal. Don't know if I'll open or just play on a flash cart.

3ds: Kirby Planet Robobot sealed. This is a foreign version though....has UAE circle on it.

Looking for more. Tomadachi Life and Miitopia right now.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm regretting not buying Miitopia sooner. I can't find new copies around me that aren't horribly marked up. =|

Yea, some new copies of certain games are starting to go up, with complete copies seeing some increases over where they had been for a long time. One I still need to grab that I held off on forever is Shin Megami Tensei Overclocked. I knew it would go up but lost a few auctions and then it kind of snowballed when I then couldn't find it for the same price the auction I lost brought.

GameStop still has it cheap so I'm hoping I can find a complete copy in store sometime. So far though I've had no luck.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up a copy of Viewtiful Joe for the DS and it arrived. Been trying to add to my DS collection as I can. The recent obscure DS game recommendations was a good read and I picked up a couple games from that. If anyone has any obscure games they recommend, please feel free to make suggestions. Think I've watched about every DS hidden gem, overlooked DS games, etc... video on YouTube already lol.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
I pretty much decided to finally buy a box version of SMT4 for my B-day next month but sweet baby jesus at the price tags on amazon USA. What happened?? I hoped to snatch a new copy for 30 bugs but this is to much.
I hope I get my 3ds collection to up to 40 games one day.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
What a good place to get the DS cases for a game I pick up loose at Gamestop? Or it just cheaper to get one from Goodwill of some donor game.

zoboomafoo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here has experience fixing a sensitive cartridge slot?

My DSi XL loses contact with the cartridge if it moves ever so slightly. I can reproduce the issue just by moving the cart around in the slot (there's a very slight "give" that allows to move the cart by a millimeter or so. My other (3)DSes' cart slots are like that too, but it doesn't cause any connection error). I tried blowing compressed air and cleaning with q-tips and alcohol, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

It's really annoying, because that DSi barely got any use, and it works perfectly otherwise, but that connection issue makes the system a pain to use, because just dropping it on a table or putting it in my pocket might cause a freeze. :(

EDIT: I sometimes left a flashcart in that system... Could it have caused damage?

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
Random thought, but I have a question for DS/3DS collectors out there: If a new game is shrinkwrapped instead of the traditional y-fold, is it always a re-seal? In the past I recall receiving new games, even when ordered from a publisher's e-commerce site for example, that were shrinkwrapped. The inserts would be new and the cart wouldn't have the tell-tale scuffs from being inserted into a system so I figured it was new and not a return, but does anyone know definitively? Could it be dependent on where the game was manufactured?

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Just a general reminder to keep a random eye on amazon from time to time. =P I got a second copy of etrian odyssey nexus LE for only $25 Cad this week. I never got around to opening my previous copy so I'll just keep that one sealed and open up my new copy (I had bought the previous one to play but never got around to it but will this one since I do want to play it).

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Anyone had the infinite scrolling issue on their 3ds? If so, how did you fix it?
My NN3DS XL(MM) won't stop scrolling to the right. :(

Edit
After some testing, I think it's the sliding pad that's messed up. The calibration fails all the time, and I can only move it up or down(no left or right). My original 3ds slide pad con move in all directions.

Does Nintendo still offer repairs? :(

Last edited:

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have a list of variants for 3DS?

Random thought, but I have a question for DS/3DS collectors out there: If a new game is shrinkwrapped instead of the traditional y-fold, is it always a re-seal? In the past I recall receiving new games, even when ordered from a publisher's e-commerce site for example, that were shrinkwrapped. The inserts would be new and the cart wouldn't have the tell-tale scuffs from being inserted into a system so I figured it was new and not a return, but does anyone know definitively? Could it be dependent on where the game was manufactured?

Some 3DS games did have the shrink wrap style seal. I know the Jaws 3DS with Lenticular cover used that shrink wrap style. Not sure if the lenticular cover is the reason they didn't use the Y Fold, but I know it was a legit seal.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing you mean game variants? I think other than budget line and Reg/LE duel release I don't think there is too many unique re-release variants.
I have a decent amount of variants already and the more I research the more I find that I wasn't aware of. Of course you have the Collectors Editions, Limited Edition, First Prints, and Nintendo Selects but then you have some that aren't nearly as widely known. For example there is an Amazing Spider-Man that has a Slipcover, a Jaws that has a Lenticular card on the front artwork, and some others I wasn't aware before I started digging into it. I'm wondering what others may exist that I'm not aware of that may have been exclusive store releases or from a preorder bonus.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I found my brother's old copy of Phantom Hourglass. I put it in both my DS and 3DS but the game won't read so I can't boot it up. I looked at the back and it looks like there is dirt on the connectors. Will cleaning the cart fix my problem? Also, and suggestions on how to reach in there?

jS8QF0j.jpg

Antydotes

One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2017
Hello everyone!

I'm starting to get back into DS collecting/gaming, and I had several questions (since it has been a few years).

• Is there an advantage to playing on 3DS compared to the DS (other than the circle pad for more comfortable 8 directional movement like in Super Mario 64 DS)?
  • Is there a general best model for the system? I know the original screen isn't as sharp(?)/bright as later models. The DS Lite worries me since back when I had one the hinge chipped/cracked. DSi has some exclusive features with the camera, but lacks DSiWare/Shop now of days. So I believe it comes down to personal preference between Original DS and DSi potentially.
  • Also as the systems are aging what would be the best way to get a new (or extra capacity) battery should the need arise?

These are the only questions I can think of at the time. Looking forward to revisiting/rediscovering this era that I fondly remember.

eEK!

Dec 25, 2018
Is there an advantage to playing on 3DS compared to the DS (other than the circle pad for more comfortable 8 directional movement like in Super Mario 64 DS)?
Not really, the 3DS' bottom screen doesn't match the DS so the image doesn't look right and the d-pad placement isn't as comfortable for DS games.

Is there a general best model for the system? I know the original screen isn't as sharp(?)/bright as later models. The DS Lite worries me since back when I had one the hinge chipped/cracked. DSi has some exclusive features with the camera, but lacks DSiWare/Shop now of days. So I believe it comes down to personal preference between Original DS and DSi potentially.
I'd say the choice is between the DSi and the DSiXL, personally I like the XL, but the pixel density is quite low and its less portable, so the DSi does have a few advantages.

Also as the systems are aging what would be the best way to get a new (or extra capacity) battery should the need arise?
No clue on this one, my DSiXL battery is still fine.

Oct 31, 2017
Is there an advantage to playing on 3DS compared to the DS (other than the circle pad for more comfortable 8 directional movement like in Super Mario 64 DS)?

Nope, DS games don't look as good on a 3DS.

Is there a general best model for the system?

DSi XL, baby ! I also own a DSL and I never had any problems with it ;)

Also as the systems are aging what would be the best way to get a new (or extra capacity) battery should the need arise?

Never looked into that so I can't answer.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, quick question. I've got plenty of 3DS', Gameboys, and other handheld systems that I want to display, and was thinking of getting some of these:

71CxFgFmGXL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Thing is they come in different sizes (3inch, 4inch, 5inch) and I have no clue which one is ideal. Any ideas? Also any alternative ideas for displaying systems?

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
Picked up Ninjatown and New International Track & Field for ds today. Heard nothing but good things about ninjatown and track and field looked cool. Both were pretty cheap....around $8 each complete. Ninjatown even has a sticker and pin with it.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Man I want to get Devil Survivor 3DS but jeez it up to 80 these days. Going to be so happy once I am done with GBA/DS/3DS collecting as it so easy to run into fakes one ebay.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Man I want to get Devil Survivor 3DS but jeez it up to 80 these days. Going to be so happy once I am done with GBA/DS/3DS collecting as it so easy to run into fakes one ebay.
Yoop, I got it for 66 bugs used 2-3 years ago. It only goes up I'm afraid. It's the highest I ever paid for a used game. I even got Devil Summoner for the ps2 new for 60 euros.
I'm still waiting for a used copy of SMT IV with a reasonable price tag tho.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Yeah I was hoping to score on some end of life deals but man the prices are simply just getting worse on everything. So it's best to just buy what you want now before it's too late. I keep getting annoyed I missed out on SMT:SJ Redux & Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology deals and wait for another drop but every time I go take a look they continue to get more expensive. -.-

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I was hoping to score on some end of life deals but man the prices are simply just getting worse on everything. So it's best to just buy what you want now before it's too late. I keep getting annoyed I missed out on SMT:SJ Redux & Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology deals and wait for another drop but every time I go take a look they continue to get more expensive. -.-

Sadly collecting has changed as more collectors have become savvy and try to stay ahead of the inevitable price increases. The window from the end of life to when games increase has steadily been decreasing each gen to where now games don't really drop. Now they may see spikes still after a period of time, but you don't see games going for pennies on the dollar once a systems life ends like we once did.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Sadly collecting has changed as more collectors have become savvy and try to stay ahead of the inevitable price increases. The window from the end of life to when games increase has steadily been decreasing each gen to where now games don't really drop. Now they may see spikes still after a period of time, but you don't see games going for pennies on the dollar once a systems life ends like we once did.
Oh I know. I would add that it's even getting worse as late games are getting smaller and smaller print runs then they did in the past.

I should mention I wasn't looking for pennies. Just more sad I missed out on them being $20-$30 Canadian instead of their normal $55. I think the last good deal I got was a 2nd copy of Etrian Nexus for $25 off amazon.ca randomly one day.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Try metal contact cleaner?

Thanks, it worked!

I'm curious. Is there any reason why Pokemon B&W 2 have skyrocketed in price this year? Looking at price chart, CIB prices have gone from sub $50 to $75 easily since January. I was looking to pick on up but I think I will wait and hope for a price drop.