• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Uhhh what? You know those 2 situations are totally different. This is more like Xenoverse 2 with "Nintendo Switch" tacked on the title. However, "Remastered" draws more eyeballs and makes consumers make a impression that the other is lacking in some way.
Nah. It makes ppl think the ps4 version is a re-release and the switch version is a brand new game. The ps4 version should be cheaper since it is a re-release

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
you think so? the titles makes me think the switch version is an afterthought.
No, he's probably right. In fact, Nintendo probably asked for it and they decided to make it worth their time by bringing it to the other platforms as well with minimum enhancements to deserve the title change.

Deleted member 52093

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2019
Games can get announced outside of conferences, y'know. Plus, it makes more sense to announced it at the PC Gaming Show since Bamco is going to want the "Remastered Edition" to be the focus, even if the different is literally just 4K support.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, he's probably right. In fact, Nintendo probably asked for it and they decided to make it worth their time by bringing it to the other platforms as well with minimum enhancements to deserve the title change.
i still think it's weird and just causes confusion. everyone knows non-switch version of multiplat games look better, so if the only difference is visuals i don't understand why they had to drop the remaster from the switch version or add it to the ps4/pc versions.

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
NNK is much better than NNK2, so I'm excited
Grandia details coming
Honestly all I need now from a third party standpoint is Ori to become official

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'm on the plane going to LA and a guy next to me is also going to E3 and he said he's not excited for Link's Awakening because it looks to childish and he wants "mature Zelda".

These people are real!

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
i still think it's weird and just causes confusion. everyone knows non-switch version of multiplat games look better, so if the only difference is visuals i don't understand why they had to drop the remaster from the switch version or add it to the ps4/pc versions.
Well they can't add Remastered for Switch because it isn't. Not adding it to the other versions doesn't tell consumers that something is improved. Thinking about now, it makes complete sense when Switch consumers won't/can't care about visuals and performance discrepancies, so the market they should be aiming to win is everywhere else.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the plane going to LA and a guy next to me is also going to E3 and he said he's not excited for Link's Awakening because it looks to childish and he wants "mature Zelda".

These people are real!
of course they're real, that stereotype wasn't born out of someone's imagination

Well they can't add Remastered for Switch because it isn't. Not adding it to the other versions doesn't tell consumers that something is improved. Thinking about now, it makes complete sense when Switch consumers won't/can't care about visuals and performance discrepancies, so the market they should be aiming to win is everywhere else.
i guess you have a point.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
My bingo
BHAmup0.png

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
We are getting Nintendo-handheld-like third party support. We won't get the big games like Xbox and PS4, but we will get ports of old games that work great as handheld games, just like NNK.
Yeah and we also get more western third party support than ever before. We might not get the biggest games but that doesn't mean the support we are getting is bad.
Still, i would have expected the next Tales game to release on Switch.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
'Remastered' carries a different tone/meaning, but Tales of Vesperia did hit Switch as 'Definitive Edition'. It still messes with me a bit seeing that case's spine on my shelf whenever no standard edition ever existed for it lol.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
EA finally giving the Switch version its adequate name was just a matter of when, rather than if. They don't care - heck, at the launch of FIFA 18 online features were missing! No need to be surprised here: EA is never going to consider the Switch in any serious capacity. Just remember that they skipped Unravel 2 at launch, while it should've been a no-brainer to bring the game to Switch.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
'Remastered' carries a different tone/meaning, but Tales of Vesperia did hit Switch as 'Definitive Edition'. It still messes with me a bit seeing that case's spine on my shelf whenever no standard edition ever existed for it lol.
Well, ToV Switch had all the bells and whistles not pertaining to performance as the other versions, so expectations were clear in the title, just like they are clear here when Switch is not remastered.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The moniker 'remastered' doesn't really have a clear definition to begin with. Some pubs use it to only mean a resolution/frame rate bump. That's fine, but it would mean that if the Switch isn't gettting that bump, then it can't reasonably be called a remaster, despite the only difference with the PS4 being a difference in resolution and/or frame rate, same as for Vesperia where the moniker was applicable because it got the new content.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
EA finally giving the Switch version its adequate name was just a matter of when, rather than if. They don't care - heck, at the launch of FIFA 18 online features were missing! No need to be surprised here: EA is never going to consider the Switch in any serious capacity. Just remember that they skipped Unravel 2 at launch, while it should've been a no-brainer to bring the game to Switch.
Eh there were rumors that they were trying to get Frostbite working on Switch at the beginning of this year. They probably hoped things would work out, and this shows they have probably given up.

Status
Not open for further replies.