• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I'd love some impressions of Farm Together if anyone is picking it up. I'm particularly interested in the resolution and performance of the Switch port.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I just bought rain world and wargroove. I'm in day 1 for Liar Princess and Ape out. What a month. I'm done with Nintendo, my heart belongs to indies.

ps: I'm yet to read the entire thread; any impression of Riot?

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
End of last month was paaacked and this one seems to be too. I really don't want to touch anything new until I'm done with 3-4 from January at least. Well Wagroove was bought last month. :p

Icey

Oct 27, 2017
Probably won't work, but did you try to bypass this with the account sharing option? (your account that has the game is enabled as secondary on 2nd Switch, 2nd Switch downloads the game and plays it on your account, you play it on your Switch through a different account (so not your own account))

The friend I was trying to play with doesn't have his own switch unfortunately.

I do have other friends that do have their own switches though so I'll keep this in mind. I just really hope they patch it in.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I'm so hyped for Two Crude Dudes. I thought it was so awesome when I was a kid haha. About to have nostalgia disappointment probably.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I have a hankering to grab a new Aca game. What's a must-have?

I have:
Metal Slug
Aero Fighters 2
Shock Troopers
Bomb Jack
King of the Monsters
Burning Fight
Alpha Mission II
Nam 1975
Neo Turf Masters

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I might grab Robonauts since I have a few gold coins that lower the price to about half its current sale price, for 20 cents I can't complain I guess.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Away: Journey to the Unexpected looks kinda awesome. I'd never heard of it before now. I remember liking HELLYEAH but that it wasn't mind blowing. I'll be keeping an eye out for impressions/reviews. I'd probably end up getting it on Switch too, unless it's substantially compromised compared to other platforms.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I'm trying really hard to save some money, but I know I'll cave and get Ittle Dew 2 and Rain World by the end of the day...

Sorry - I should have been more clear. Those are the ones I already have. I honestly don't remember what prompted me to get Burning Fight!

Oh, I misread your post, sorry!

And maybe you thought the same as me when you bought Burning Fight: "This is cheap and beat 'em ups are always fun, right?" -- spoiler: wrong ^_^

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Tempted by Etrian Odyssey Nexus but I should probably finish some of the EO games I already own first before I grab a new one.

I'm in the same boat (my copy of the last EO is still sitting here unopened) but my fear is that this will be like Yokai Watch Blasters and other recent 3ds games with small runs. though that's only a concern for physical, of course.

It's been mentioned in the game thread but a warning that Dragon Marked for Death has no couch co-op. That's probably old news to people following it closely but it surprised me. The enemies do scale in terms of HP with how many players you have, but if you try to solo with, say, the Empress, good luck, it takes forever.

edit: oh, I see it was mentioned here already, apologies for the repeat post. Also it doesn't seem like something they could just patch in since it would require split screen support or force the characters to share the screen at all times, even if you could change the underlying code to add controls in.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Miami, Florida
Have some credit that's been sitting in my account for a while. I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on Celeste and Dead Cells...use the gold coins for Downwell.

Ouch, my back log

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Stupid question for those with various SD cards.

I know that it's possible to have every SD card with different games installed.

And simply, you need to insert the correct SD card to play a game.

But is it possible to have the same game installed in various SD cards?

I filled my entire 200 GB card.

I have the option of purchasing a 400 GB card, and simply moving all the games to the new one.

But also I have the option of using a new card to install only new games. Or even reserving each card for the releases of a year. In this way, I can have in the future a card with 2017 titles, other card with 2018 titles...

The question is, can I install my most played games in all the cards, to always have them accessible, it doesn't matter what card I have inserted?

I'm fine with swapping cards, as soon as 'The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+', 'Into the Breach', 'Downwell' and 'Pinball FX 3' are installed in each single card.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking of getting Save me Mr Tako since it's on sale. It looks absolutely amazing (that Game Boy look is right up my alley) but I was wondering how the gameplay holds up? Anyone here tried it?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of getting Save me Mr Tako since it's on sale. It looks absolutely amazing (that Game Boy look is right up my alley) but I was wondering how the gameplay holds up? Anyone here tried it?

If you search the January thread people have pretty mixed impressions. I don't think any were glowing unfortunately. I was following the game for a couple years leading up to its release and haven't picked it up after all. It's too bad too because as you said the aesthetic is so appealing. There are so many great games on the eShop though that I don't feel compelled to try one with a middling reception, especially since multiple people who gave impressions I've observed to usually have similar taste in games to me.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-feudal-alloy-downwell-onimusha-outrun.90297/

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
Thank you. I tend to prefer more complex ones these days but I keep hearing really good things about this one, and it looks like it has good class variety.

it has solid class variety for sure; there are also a number of options that can make the game more difficult/involved: the devs have really worked hard to strike a balance between approachability and depth. because all classes can be combined with all other classes, and there are unique weapon masteries for every kind of weapon, the game really pushes you toward understanding enemy movement and something approaching DCSS levels of caution, especially later in the game.

Eighthours

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'm happy to report that Downwell is just as good as everyone says it is! What a lovely little game.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Contemplating Pool Panic with the sale. Penny Punching princess looks fun but even at half off I'm not sure I want to throw in.

Really want dynasty warriors 8 but I have two other games I need to beat first

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Stupid question for those with various SD cards.

I know that it's possible to have every SD card with different games installed.

And simply, you need to insert the correct SD card to play a game.

But is it possible to have the same game installed in various SD cards?

I filled my entire 200 GB card.

I have the option of purchasing a 400 GB card, and simply moving all the games to the new one.

But also I have the option of using a new card to install only new games. Or even reserving each card for the releases of a year. In this way, I can have in the future a card with 2017 titles, other card with 2018 titles...

The question is, can I install my most played games in all the cards, to always have them accessible, it doesn't matter what card I have inserted?

I'm fine with swapping cards, as soon as 'The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+', 'Into the Breach', 'Downwell' and 'Pinball FX 3' are installed in each single card.
I can't say for sure but given how these things work, I don't see any reason it shouldn't work.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
When was this announced? It looks like it came out of nowhere and I was searching a couple weeks ago on Xbox at it.
I'm not sure, it was a surprise to me as well. I had never heard of the game but then I saw that it has great reviews on Steam. It looks like a jolly time but I'm hoping that the Switch port runs decently enough. I've been waiting for My Time At Portia for a long time and this looks like a nice game to tide me over.

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Contemplating Pool Panic with the sale. Penny Punching princess looks fun but even at half off I'm not sure I want to throw in.

Really want dynasty warriors 8 but I have two other games I need to beat first

Pool Panic is fun but a bit repetitive and it took me a while to get the grasp of the controls. For that price it's a fine purchase if you're looking for something zany.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not sure, it was a surprise to me as well. I had never heard of the game but then I saw that it has great reviews on Steam. It looks like a jolly time but I'm hoping that the Switch port runs decently enough. I've been waiting for My Time At Portia for a long time and this looks like a nice game to tide me over.

Farm Together Review

An Xbox Review says it's fun, but a bit Grindy as you can only Harvest and Plant things during specific seasons (which change every 17 minutes).

That and the game runs even when you away, so soem things take 3 days to grow etc.

It's like Farmville it sounds.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If you search the January thread people have pretty mixed impressions. I don't think any were glowing unfortunately. I was following the game for a couple years leading up to its release and haven't picked it up after all. It's too bad too because as you said the aesthetic is so appealing. There are so many great games on the eShop though that I don't feel compelled to try one with a middling reception, especially since multiple people who gave impressions I've observed to usually have similar taste in games to me.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-feudal-alloy-downwell-onimusha-outrun.90297/
Just like Nabbit mentioned, I wasn't blown away by it. You can read my thoughts here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...l-onimusha-outrun.90297/page-33#post-17319220
Thanks for the impressions! And yeah this is basically what I've read in reviews, too. I guess I'll save it for another time when I don't have so many other games to play. Like you said, the eShop is filled with great games.

I guess I'll get Cave Story then as I've never played it before (yeah, I know) and that one seems to be really good.

Last edited:
Week January 31st
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

- Games
  • Wargroove - Chucklefish - $19.99/€16.99 - 344 MB
  • Downwell - Moppin/Devolver Digital - $2.99/€2.99 - 65 MB
  • Dragon Marked For Death - Inti Creates - Empress/Warrior Pack: $14.99/€14.99, Shinobi/Witch Pack: $14.99/€14.99 - 488 MB
  • Mages of Mystralia - Borealys Games - $19.99/€19.99 (Preorder sale: $17.99) - 3.2 GB
  • Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - THQ Nordic - $29.99/€29.99 - 924 MB
    wargroovekmkte.jpg
    downwellp4j5x.jpg
    dragonmarkedfordeathwzjms.jpg
    magesofmystralianskit.jpg
    sphinxandthecursedmum5vkdi.jpg
  • Tangledeep - Impact Gameworks - $19.99/€17.00 - 670 MB
  • Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander - Smiling Buddha Games - $19.99/€16.99 - 800 MB
  • Gabbuchi - h.a.n.d. - $7.99/€6.99 (Preorder sale: $3.99/€3.49) - 65 MB
  • Airheart - Tales of Broken Wings - Blindflug Studios - $17.99/€14.99 - 815 MB
  • Planetarian - Prototype - $9.99/€9.99 - 664 MB
    tangledeepzkjid.jpg
    halcyon6starbasecommafgj2a.jpg
    gabbuchitykiu.jpg
    airheart-talesofbroketlj21.jpg
    planetarianqjkum.jpg
  • Thea: The Awakening - Monster Couch - $17.99/€17.99 (Preorder sale: $16.19/€16.19) - 880 MB
  • Fishing Star World Tour - WFS - $29.99/€24.99 - 2.6 GB
  • Onigiri - CyberStep - Free-to-Play - 4.8 GB
  • Chrono Clash: Fantasy Tactics - Tyler Projects - $0.99 - 1.3 GB *NA*
  • Drowning - Sometimes You - $2.99/€2.99 (Preorder sale: $2.54/€2.54) - 509 MB
    theatheawakeningvzjoa.jpg
    fishingstarworldtourktjj5.jpg
    onigirigojww.jpg
    chronoclashfantasytacjgkd1.jpg
    drowningk6k5e.jpg
  • Moon Cresta - Arcade - Nichibutsu/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Robothorium - GoblinzStudio - $14.99/€14.99 - 656 MB
  • Necrosphere Deluxe - Unties - $7.99/€7.99 - 165 MB
  • Zombie Night Terror - Plug In Digital - $14.99/€14.99 - 886 MB
  • Stray Cat Doors - Pulsmo - $2.59/€2.27 - 182 MB
    arcadearchivesmooncref0kvs.jpg
    robothoriumm6jaf.jpg
    necrosphereikjcr.jpg
    zombienightterrornzkaq.jpg
    straycatdoors6pk1g.jpg
  • Piczle Colors - Rainy Frog - $12.00/€12.00 - 323 MB
  • Merchants of Kaidan - Forever Ent. - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.7 GB
  • Agartha-S - mebius. - $7.99/€7.90 - 255 MB
  • Bleep Bloop - Zerouno Games - $3.99/€3.99 - 131 MB
  • Eggggg: The Platform Puker - Hyper Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 410 MB
    piczlecolorsatkk1.jpg
    merchantsofkaidanx5khn.jpg
    agartha-srmk29.jpg
    bleepbloop0lkhi.jpg
    egggggqqjvb.jpg
  • New Star Manager - FiveAcesPublishing - $19.99/€16.99 - 687 MB
  • Bombfest - Whitethorn Digital - $19.99/€17.49 - 277 MB
  • Toridama: Brave Challenge - G-Mode - $5.00/€5.09 (Launch sale: $3.50/€3.56) - 151 MB
  • Freecell Battle King - Making - $7.99/€6.99 - 497 MB
  • Hyperide - Kool2Play - $1.99/€3.99 - 175 MB
    newstarmanagerh1k1o.jpg
    bombfestkcjue.jpg
    toridamaeyk75.jpg
    freecellbattleking43kdz.jpg
    hyperideilkwa.jpg
  • DreamWorks Dragons: Dawn of New Riders - Outright Games - $39.99/€39.99 - 630 MB *02/15 on NA*
  • Spoiler Alert - Megafuzz - $4.99/€4.99 - 62 MB
  • Farm Together - Milkstone Studios - $19.99/€19.99 - 637 MB
  • Shanky: The Vegan`s Nightmare - Artvision Games - $6.99/€5.99 - 999 MB
  • Unworthy - AK Games - $12.69 - 123 MB *NA*
    dragonsdawnofnewriderj1k6m.jpg
    spoileralertttk2e.jpg
    farmtogether5ejri.jpg
    shankythevegansnightm4cjnn.jpg
    unworthyacksf.jpg

- DLC
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ - Bandai Namco Games
    31 - FighterZ Pass 2 - $24.99/€24.99
    31 - Jiren - $4.99/€4.99
    31 - Videl - $4.99/€4.99
  • Dragon Marked for Death - Inti Creates
    31 - Additional Quest: The Dragonblood Village - Free
    31 - Season Pass: Additional Quests - $9.99/€9.99

- Japan
  • Nelke to Densetsu no Renkinjutsushi Tachi ~Aratana Daichi no Atelier~ - Koei Tecmo - ¥8,424 (Launch sale: ¥7,581)
  • Robotics;Notes DaSH - 5pb - ¥7,560
  • Robotics;Notes Elite - 5pb - ¥6,480
  • Fate/EXTELLA LINK - Marvelous - ¥8,618 (Launch sale: ¥7,756)
  • Moe Chronicle H - Compile Heart - ¥4,000 (Launch sale: ¥2,800)
    nelketodensetsunorenkcskik.jpg
    roboticsnotesdashzsjlj.jpg
    roboticsnoteselite51k2n.jpg
    fateextellalinkshjwd.jpg
    moechroniclehuak6f.jpg
  • Ping Pong Trick Shot Evolution - Starsign - ¥500
    pingpongtrickshotevolpej1b.jpg

- Late regional releases
  • Two Crude Dudes - Arcade - Data East/FTE Games - €7.99 - 69 MB *EU*
  • Paladin - Pumpkin Games - $9.99 - 152 MB *NA*
  • Ancient Rush 2 - Heideland GameWorks - $9.99 - 2.3 GB *NA*

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Downwell kinda looks like shit in non-tate mode (still scaling issues in tate, but less noticeable). Uneven pixel scaling makes me very sad. Crazy how huge it is in tate though, but I'm also a bit of a lazy ass and find the mild hassle of putting it in the flipgrip enough to just play it in landscape. First world problems. LOL

Picked up Superbeat and the song packs at the great discount even though I have the cart on Vita. The flipped analog took a little getting used to, but I'm now used to it.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
New February Releases

21 - Devil Engine - Dangen Ent. - $19.99/€19.99 - 586 MB (Shmup, Arcade) *Demo available on Steam*
ss_69d9d042cd39cceb45a3e08ce26b42fadb7b530e.600x338.jpg

07 - Observer - Bloober Team - $29.99/€29.99 - 18 GB (Cyberpunk, Psychological Horror)
ss_3f4ec0c9c803a80f3d10167f262bf6873e5f2898.600x338.jpg

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Garou Mark of the Wolves, Magical Drop III, Metal Slug 3 and X, Puzzle Bobble, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, Samurai Shodown IV, The King of Fighters 98, The Last Blade II. And maybe someday Hamster will be nice enough to give us Baseball Stars 2...
Thanks - I'll look into those.
07 - Observer - Bloober Team - $29.99/€29.99 - 18 GB (Cyberpunk, Psychological Horror)
Oh nuts! I wasn't expecting this just yet. How the hell am I going to fit this in this month's budget??!!?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Have anyone bought a game from the Humble Bundle store ?

Does it allow you to gift the code ?

Don't they just give you a code? I don't think you link your nintendo account to them, do you?

If they just give you a code, can't you just email it to whoever you want to give it to?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Don't they just give you a code? I don't think you link your nintendo account to them, do you?

If they just give you a code, can't you just email it to whoever you want to give it to?

I have absolutely no idea because humble bundle doesn't even let me SEE the eshop games because I am not physically inside the USA.

But a friend wants to know