• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maculo

Oct 27, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I only buy indie/eshop titles nowadays and this thread is at fault! Thanks tolkir !!

"Hopefully" nothing for me this month. Just bought blasphemous and it should take me a while. I also just open world 3 in Cuphead playing coop with my son...after 1100 deaths or so lol. We need to finish that!

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone outside of NA using a Canadian eshop account have problems buying recently? I've never had an issue using a foreign credit card but suddenly I can't buy anything for that reason. Has to be a recent change but I don't see anyone talking about it.

Bumping for the new page cos I'm super concerned

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
NmP022j.png

Remember guys, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Super Crush KO last night.

It is disappointingly short, I realise that kind of game is made for replaying the levels to get better high scores, but I'm not that kind of gamer. I wish there was a bit more visual variety between the worlds. It's a bit of a shame you have to fight the same boss four times..

But besides those niggles mentioned above, the game is a tonne! of fun to play. The combat is really smooth, frantic and thrilling. Playing the game feels so damn satisfying.

I'd give it 7/10

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
How is the online activity for MH GenU these days? Still have folks playing it? Iceborne alone isn't satiating my monster hunting thirst. I need more!

Nice
My aim is to cut through some of them before the end of March, because Animal Crossing and Doom are going to consume my existence.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I think my library size and completion% are about the same as yours. I've long given up, but good luck 😅
Oh there's some games that I'll simply never finish (I think I've bought Bastion for about 4 systems now and never finished it on any of them), but I kind of like it you know?

It feels like my Switch constantly has untapped potential. Like if I had all the games complete it'd be weird.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All Steamworld games are on sale. I picked up Steamworld Dig 2 and Steamworld Quest.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just completed Va-11 hall-a and I loved every second of it, such an amazing game! Can't wait for n1rv ann-a.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Nice.
Remember guys, the first step is admitting you have a problem.
Way ahead of you there. 😩
Those unfinished 140 Wii U games tho... 😳

I finished Super Crush KO last night.

It is disappointingly short, I realise that kind of game is made for replaying the levels to get better high scores, but I'm not that kind of gamer. I wish there was a bit more visual variety between the worlds. It's a bit of a shame you have to fight the same boss four times..

But besides those niggles mentioned above, the game is a tonne! of fun to play. The combat is really smooth, frantic and thrilling. Playing the game feels so damn satisfying.

I'd give it 7/10

Just like Graceful Explosion Machine, it's an absolute joy to revisit levels aiming to clear them with S+ ranks. Running through the game only once is like taking a bite out of a delicious sandwich and then chucking the rest into the garbage. The meat of the game is retrying those levels over and over again for that perfect clear and the rush of satisfaction that follows. 🥪

Vertex Pop is definitely on my mantle of favorite indie studios if that was ever in doubt before. I can't wait to see what their next project will be.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Not really sure if I'll get anything this month, but if I do MMZ Collection and Snack World are the likely candidates.

Played a bit of Hypercharged last night. I wish you didn't have to hold the sprint button down.

I joined their Discord and apparently it's already going to be a fix in the next patch, as well as some tweaks to the gyro functionality. My wrist is grateful!

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
if SNK has polished it up for the western release a bit, mainly framerate-wise, then I urge you guys to give Samurai Shodown a chance if you're looking for a proper fighting game.
It's wonderful and the gameplay and simpler controls fits well with handheld-play (especially so on Lite obviously, or OG Switch + Hori Dpadcon).

The game is just great and the price is more than fair. But right now performance is not where I'd feel comfortable recommending spending money on it: there's a couple videos out there "analyzing" its framerate but believe those are not accurate representations. Unless Digital Foundry put out a video I didn't catch, then by all means believe them, but other YT channels made laughable tests.

This does not mean everyone one else will feel the same way I do about SS'performance of course, and at least it ain't 30fps like Heroines, lol

If you liked Papers, Please, take a look at Not Tonight: Take Back Control Edition. It's basically the same game (spot the differences), but with light RPG elements, a bit easier (at least for now) and here you play as an EU immigrant working as a bouncer at pubs and festivals in a post-Brexit UK (that premise got me XD).

In the words of the developers: A DARK POLITICAL COMEDY RPG SET IN DYSTOPIAN POST-BREXIT BRITAIN

Graphics are great (wonderful pixel art), the humor is nice and the gameplay loop y right up my alley: You choose a job through and app called BOUNCR on your phone, go there, talk to the boss, do your work, win money to pay the rent (or new clothes, item for you house, a skin for the phone…), increase your level, repeat. At first controls are a bit wonky (the game was designed for mouse and keyboard controls), but I think they are really well implemented and I got used to them pretty quickly. Now they work perfectly for me.

As I said, the basics are the same as Papers, Please. In Not Tonight there's a queue of people trying to enter a pub (or festival, or party…). You have to check the IDs for the correct photo, flag, birth date, expiry date and so… Everything's correct? You can enter. There's something wrong? Not tonight… As you progress the game adds some new elements as a second queue, which can be a guest list where you have to check if their names are there, or other ones where you have to check that some VIPs say the correct password.

When you finish your work you go back to your apartment, where people comes to visit, you check your notes and calendar, buy things or chat to people using your phone. The story is narrated through those people you interact with in those moments and with the bosses at each job.

Really nice so far…

Sold. Wondeful post btw.
But god I wish Papers Please was on Switch.
My iPad became slow as shit (fuck programmed obsolescence) and I just don't enjoy playing mobile games anymore (which is ironic considering I was pretty into it and an advocate for mobile gaming in the past before f2p shenanigans completely took over. Still good shit to play nowadays but I'm done with the platform I guess. Tried Arcade and all I did with it for a month sampling Sayonara Wild Hearts and Frogger)

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, Megaman Zero Collection is the only one that is a definite for me.

Debating Sam Sho, but I'd prefer to get it on PS4 at some point despite missing out on the NGPC bonus game.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Posted this in the old thread by mistake.
What's up with the NA eshop store on PC?
My switch isn't with me this week, but I wanted to buy a few games on sale so I tried from my PC. I can buy digital games when I move my region to Canada or Mexico but nothing comes up for my default NA region.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, a month witch actual games. Quite a busy month for me, total of 8 games:

Dark Crystal Tactics
The Turing Test
Devil May Cry 3 (preloaded, this is my 4th time playing it)
Darksiders Genesis (hyped!)
Snack World (not that hyped, didn't hear good things about it, yet still getting it)
Samurai Shodown (my patience will be rewarded this month)
Metro Redux (never played both of those games pretty hyped)
Two Point Hospital (probably the most anticipated game of the moth. I played awful lot of the original on PC)

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I really want Dark Crystal to be good but for some reason I've got a bad feeling about it lol

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a good thing that I reached my monthly credit card limit on a big trip so I'm forced to wait for Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Two Point Hospital seems awfully quiet. Retail release seems to be €39.99 everywhere I've seen it, so I hope it's no more than that digitally.

Probably just that and a preorder of Animal Crossing for me this month.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Doom, still awesome (I played on PC back in 2016) and that portable performance is some black magic voodoo, but what REALLY matters is I got my 21gigs back lol >_<

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I booted up King of Cards, hated it, and then kind of got used to King Knight's really weird platforming enough to start enjoying myself.

Now I'm playing a card game and hate it all over again.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I booted up King of Cards, hated it, and then kind of got used to King Knight's really weird platforming enough to start enjoying myself.

Now I'm playing a card game and hate it all over again.
I really dug OG Shovel Knight, then Plague Doctor just turned me off the whole collection.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
*gets 21gigs back from deleting Doom, is out of space again after dowloading AC3 and something else.

sigh

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think I've reached a point in Katana Zero where I'm just not good enough or smart enough to continue. Wish they included an easy mode or skip level option or something for scrubs like me. Love what I was able to play though but I think I'll move on if I can't beat this level tonight.

Might bite on DMC 3.

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Finally arrived at the heart fight in Slay the Spire with the Silent in poison build. Common enemies can't even touch me and elite enemies can be killed in a few turns. But this heart... that's fucking bullshit lmao. How am I suppose to fight this thing? Actually, please do not answer as I want to figure it out myself.

I got back to Slay the Spire the previous week and arrived two times to the heart with the Defect... yes, it's pretty bullshit because at first I wasn't aware of it's gimmick and my deck didn't work well with it because of how I played defense only with my ice orb cards, so I was getting damage no matter what everytime I tried to build up my defense despite destroying everything easily on my way to it. I changed the focus of my build but doing so the previous fight to the heart left me at minimuns and I couldn't take it. Maybe the third time!

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 03 - Please The Gods - Ultimate Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 619 MB
    --
  • 04 - The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics - En Masse Ent. - $19.99/€17.99 - 5.0 GB
  • 04 - Wide Ocean Big Jacket - Tender Claws - $7.99/€6.99 - 603 MB
  • 04 - Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 3 - Milestone - $49.99/€59.99 - 4.6 GB
    --
  • 05 - 7th Sector - Sometimes You - $19.99/€19.99 - 816 MB
    --
  • 06 - Kunai - The Arcade Crew - $16.99/€16.99 - 798 MB
  • 06 - Knights and Bikes - Double Fine - $19.99/€21.99 - 3.1 GB
  • 06 - Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ - Aksys Games - $39.99/€39.99 - 3.3 GB
  • 06 - Sen: Seven Eight Nine - All 4 Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 129 MB
  • 06 - Nerved - Playstige Interactive - $8.99/€8.99 - 5.4 GB
  • 06 - Shiny Ski Resort - Kairosoft - $14.00/€13.00 - 201 MB
  • 06 - Yuoni: Rises - Tricore - $12.99/€10.99 - 307 MB
  • 06 - Just a Phrase by POWGI - Lightwood Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 72 MB
  • 06 - Arc of Alchemist - Idea Factory - €39.99 - 3.5 GB *EU*
    --
  • 07 - EQQO - Nakana.io - $6.00/€6.00 - 699 MB
  • 07 - The Turing Test - Bulkhead Int./Square Enix - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.8 GB
  • 07 - The Town of Light: Deluxe Edition - Wired Productions - $9.99/€9.99 - 3.7 GB
  • 07 - Elea: Paradigm Shift - Kyodai - $7.99/€7.99 - 2.5 GB
  • 07 - Zero Zero Zero Zero - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 30 MB
  • 07 - Bridge Builder Adventure - BoomBit Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 648 MB
  • 07 - Kitty Powers' Matchmaker - Magic Notion - $14.99/€13.29 - 355 MB
  • 07 - Rune Lord - Victory Road - $6.99/€6.99 - 388 MB
  • 07 - Marooners - M2H - $14.99/€12.99 - 712 MB
  • 07 - Crash Drive 2 - M2H - $8.99/€7.99 - 244 MB
  • 07 - Loco-Sports - Jorge Biedma Azuar - €5.99 - 990 MB *02/28 on NA*

DLCs

• Wargroove - Chucklefish
    06 - Double Trouble - Free

- Japan

• 06 - Touhou Spell Bubble - Taito - ¥5,800

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Lovely month for me since there arent any must-haves on my mind - so i can start working on my backlog since i bought a couple of games ive yet to touch on recent sales.

bender

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably double dip on on Samurai Shodown just to get Samurai Shodown! 2. I'm also interested in One Finger Death Punch 2.

I've been cleaning up some backlog games on the Switch but have hardly made a dent:

-I finished Legend Mode on Hyrule Warriors. I've never been a fan of of musou games and this really didn't move the needle much for me. The Zelda trappings helped me power through it but it's a little too brain dead for me. That's not an insult to anyone who enjoys these games, lord knows I love some brain dead games but the progression just didn't hook me like something like Diablo does.
-I'm about seven hours into Ys VIII and I'm just not feeling it. The writing annoys me and combat just isn't interesting.
-Think I might be done with SteamWorld Heist. It was enjoyable enough to start, but there are too many missions that limit your turns and those are the opposite of fun. I adore Dig and Dig 2. I still want to try Quest.
-I'm completely lost in the metroidvana portion of the Messenger and my desire to keep playing has faded since the game switched styles.
-Deadly Premonition Origins is as ugly and clunky and lovable as ever.
-Devi May Cry hasn't aged all that well. I know it ushered in this renaissance of character action games, but the move sets and mobility just feel so limited.