Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Can't play my Switch in portable mode for the coming days because my left Joy-Con became unusable and I had to send it in to Nintendo. Anyone have any experiences with this? How long did it took them to fix it? Did you get it back fast?

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
Can't play my Switch in portable mode for the coming days because my left Joy-Con became unusable and I had to send it in to Nintendo. Anyone have any experiences with this? How long did it took them to fix it? Did you get it back fast?

Yes you can. Provided that you like puzzle and adventure games as there are many that only need touch.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Let's say I sent my Joy-con in Monday, I got it back by Thursday.

They're very fast.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see lots of peeps with joycon issues my OG's have joycon drift.

Sadly they are out of warrenty so i am fucked but i have a second pair hopefully those stay good.

80$ controllers should not last only a year they should last 5 at the very least.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

Sadly they are out of warrenty so i am fucked but i have a second pair hopefully those stay good.

80$ controllers should not last only a year they should last 5 at the very least.

Regarding drift, have you rebooted the console? Drifting are usually handled by the OS, by reading the stick position at boot as the neutral position.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
Bought Hungry Shark World. The game is enjoyable, but it already crashed 4 times in about 2 hours of playtime. Mostly after dying.

Also bought Hand of Fate 2. Played it for a bit (tutorial-like part + first mission). Performance seems solid enough. Game itself is interesting, even though I don't always know what is happening exactly.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal

If i'm not mistaken in Europe the warranty law demands that it's a 2 year warranty and not only 1 year.
So you should be able to send your joy-con to be repaired.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Taiko no Tatsujin joycon motion control play (guy never played taiko so overall looks accurate for me)

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm in the UK and from sending my left joycon and getting back it took 10 days. i sent it next day so they had it for about a week. i got it back 2 days after they said they had sent it back to me.

they didn't even fix my joy con lol they replaced it with a new one so i don't know what they were doing those 7 days. if you bought it from a retail store i'd recommend going back there. my right joy con was acting up and i couldn't be bothered dealing with nintendo so i went down to the GAME store that i bought it from and they just handed me a new joycon. wasn't even in the shop 2 minutes.

Last edited:

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No search function in the Web frontend of the eShop is so stupid.

I want to get to the Sonic Mania page to buy the DLC today but I have no idea how to actually reach it.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MANIA PLUS DLC IS OUT!!!!! (eu)
Just bought it ❤

Edit; just searh sonic mania and go to the game page and its there!

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer.

I guess Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! still remains the crown jewel for Adventure Time games.
Eh reading that review I'd take it with a heaping helping of salt, like I do on almost any NL review.

Not saying the game is good, but his main complaint that the game was a by the numbers rpg with a fun license that sounds like it was done well. Not an actual bad game.

If you like AT I am willing to bet you'll enjoy the game.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
i'm in the UK and from sending my left joycon and getting back it took 10 days. i sent it next day so they had it for about a week. i got it back 2 days after they said they had sent it back to me.

they didn't even fix my joy con lol they replaced it with a new one so i don't know what they were doing those 7 days. if you bought it from a retail store i'd recommend going back there. my right joy con was acting up and i couldn't be bothered dealing with nintendo so i went down to the GAME store that i bought it from and they just handed me a new joycon. wasn't even in the shop 2 minutes.

Good to know! I sent it in yesterday and I just got an email confirming they received it.

nick_b

Dec 10, 2017
Any impressions on Mugsters? It looks fun going by the trailer. Was wondering how it runs and how much content there is. Also if it is as fun as it looks.

Edit: I just watched this review -
It sounds like this might be one of those little hidden gems like Bomber Crew.

Since only a handful of people are talking about it I will add again. Check out Bomber Crew. It's great fun. If you liked FTL you will probably like Bomber Crew. The handful of impressions I read are super positive as well so it's not just me.

Also just jumped on the tail end of Amazon's prime day deals and bought a 400GB microSD card for $150 down from $260. With the enormous amount of games coming out on this console I should have that filled by the end of this year. My 256gb card has around 10 to 15 gb left.

Last edited:

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I've noticed that the search bar is present on .com but not, say, .ca. I use Google to get me to the right spot.

Also, played some Hand of Fate 2 and the game runs well most of the time docked, but the transitions to and from battles take 2-3x longer than they should. This was due to the transitions coming to a dead stop every single time. Something similar happens on PS4, so I'm chalking it up to Unity.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone getting Hungry Shark World and Hand of Fate 2?

Would love to read the port impressions

I dove into the waters of Hungry Shark World today together with somebody else, taking turns. We unlocked five of the 25 sharks and I think that the performance was fine throughout. Loading times are a bit too long though, and we encountered a couple of crashes while playing, but I have a feeling these have something to do with us playing around with the controllers as the game really doesn't like it if there is more than one controller connected. So try to avoid connecting more than one controller and I think you should be fine.

As for the game itself, I like going for the personal missions that every shark has. There is a nice variety of goals to aim for, such as surviving for a certain amount of time, reaching a particular score or eating specific stuff. As for highscores, the waters are muddied by the fact that this game has different shapes of sharks, unlockable items and levels so it's probably best to save any real attempts at good scores for later on, as the game only seems to register the highest highscore for each world, disregarding which type of shark you used. I'm not sure how some of the lategame sharks compare, but it will probably be easier to get higher scores with them.

There is a lot of content to sink your teeth into and the game is especially suited for short bursts as a run will typically last between 5 and 10 minutes.

Also, you just unlock everything by completing shark missions and 'story' missions. No microtransactions after buying it (I think some people were concerned about that). Stuff unlocks at a steady pace as well so it isn't really grindy.

As for Hands of Fate 2, I think that the performance was fine for what it is. I had no problem getting through the combat at least and didn't notice any bad slowdown, but I've only fought three times or so and intend to delve deeper into the game later tonight. Pretty cool game though.

Tried some levels of Mugster as well. I'm not sure the game is for me. The first couple of levels were pretty boring, I wasn't a big fan of the way everything controls and as I also bought Hungry Shark World and Hands of Fate 2 I didn't really feel the urge to continue at that point in time. I think it will pick up later though and hope other people can give better impressions.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
Heroki is good. Good is Heroki. It releases on Friday, and you guys and gals should keep a lookout for it. I originally enjoyed it on my iPhone two years ago, and now it's on the Switch.
If anyone wants to read more about the game, here's my full review as posted on my blog:
http://www.superphillipcentral.com/2018/07/heroki-nsw-review.html

You mention the wind power and how it is harder to control with a stick. Is there still an option to use the touchscreen for those parts? Or the whole game for that matter.

Touch is still possible for menus and the like, but for everything else, there's more accuracy in using analog controls.

That sentence didn't really state it explicitly and I don't know what 'and the like' refers to.

Already preordered the game for that sweet discount, but I'm just curious.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
You mention the wind power and how it is harder to control with a stick. Is there still an option to use the touchscreen for those parts? Or the whole game for that matter.

That sentence didn't really state it explicitly and I don't know what 'and the like' refers to.

Already preordered the game for that sweet discount, but I'm just curious.

You can only touch controls on menus. Let me fix that sentence you noted. I appreciate you noting that.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I dove into the waters of Hungry Shark World today together with somebody else, taking turns. We unlocked five of the 25 sharks and I think that the performance was fine throughout. Loading times are a bit too long though, and we encountered a couple of crashes while playing, but I have a feeling these have something to do with us playing around with the controllers as the game really doesn't like it if there is more than one controller connected. So try to avoid connecting more than one controller and I think you should be fine.

As for the game itself, I like going for the personal missions that every shark has. There is a nice variety of goals to aim for, such as surviving for a certain amount of time, reaching a particular score or eating specific stuff. As for highscores, the waters are muddied by the fact that this game has different shapes of sharks, unlockable items and levels so it's probably best to save any real attempts at good scores for later on, as the game only seems to register the highest highscore for each world, disregarding which type of shark you used. I'm not sure how some of the lategame sharks compare, but it will probably be easier to get higher scores with them.

There is a lot of content to sink your teeth into and the game is especially suited for short bursts as a run will typically last between 5 and 10 minutes.

Also, you just unlock everything by completing shark missions and 'story' missions. No microtransactions after buying it (I think some people were concerned about that). Stuff unlocks at a steady pace as well so it isn't really grindy.

As for Hands of Fate 2, I think that the performance was fine for what it is. I had no problem getting through the combat at least and didn't notice any bad slowdown, but I've only fought three times or so and intend to delve deeper into the game later tonight. Pretty cool game though.

Tried some levels of Mugster as well. I'm not sure the game is for me. The first couple of levels were pretty boring, I wasn't a big fan of the way everything controls and as I also bought Hungry Shark World and Hands of Fate 2 I didn't really feel the urge to continue at that point in time. I think it will pick up later though and hope other people can give better impressions.

Thanks much appreciated!

Do you know if they are native resolution by any chance?

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty happy with the Hand of Fate 2 port, good fun and runs well aside from the tad long loads into battles. Looks to be 1080p docked as well.