OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Game of the Day

de3fdd7d4d91f6232606ajffmu.jpg

Play Games. Make Music. A Music Creation Studio That Feels Like a Game.

Award-winning music creation software KORG Gadget is now available for the Nintendo Switch. Plentiful instrumental gadgets combined with a simple and intuitive graphical interface enable speedy music creation. With this new music creation studio, one can create and perform music by actively twisting and turning the Joy-Con™.

There is also a multi-player mode in which up to four people can collaborate in making music. Connect via an HDMI cable to enjoy playing on the TV in your living room, or use it with a projector for big live performances. Everyone can enjoy this new game-like DAW experience.

vg24tz4ldqmcab2r48ui5nud6e.jpg
w4ii2kojjva9ljlfrjwla7viww.jpg

Price: $48.00/€38.99/£35.09 - NA web - EU web - Trailer

Last 6 GOTD
07/20 - Clustertruck
07/19 - Night in the Woods
07/18 - Deemo
07/17 - Bleed 2
07/16 - Implosion
07/15 - Death Squared

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
I have an extension of the previous question regarding ACA Neo Geo games:

If you could only buy ONE of these games, but for Single player ONLY which one would you guys recommend?

I mean... Samurai Showdown or Turf Masters look awesome to me BUT, i assume they're best played in multiplayer right?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have an extension of the previous question regarding ACA Neo Geo games:

If you could only buy ONE of these games, but for Single player ONLY which one would you guys recommend?

I mean... Samurai Showdown or Turf Masters look awesome to me BUT, i assume they're best played in multiplayer right?
I was gonna reply "Neo Turf Masters" before finishing reading your post but my choice stands. I've never really played it with other people but it's all about perfecting your game in each course to beat other's scores, AI or not, and it's not simultaneous either way, so yeah.

I own lots of these games, but NTM is my most played one by far, and that's single player only.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know if we have a general Switch thread or even a Switch hardware problem thread, but man. Today has been Switch issue day.

Woke up and my Switch hadn't charged on the dock overnight - no big, I think - and just plug it into a cord so I can charge while I play the Splatfest. Unfortunately I keep getting analog drift on both analog sticks of my joycon. Detach them to use gyro more, but drift on the right joycon still would occur causing me to spin in circles. Apparently this is pretty common these days a year after getting the system (and conveniently out of warranty). Could just be dust under the disc cover directly under the stick - will clean tomorrow. So, I decide to dock my Switch as the cable charges slowly and I'm heading to bed. Don't see the screen light up as usual when it docks to charge- Push down and it goes a little further in the dock, but no light up. Pull it out, turn it on, plug it in, but don't see the battery icon turn to a charging icon... So now my dock no longer is making a connection or is no longer charging my Switch. I will check in the morning to ensure a cable didn't get unplugged, but that will be highly unlikely given it is all behind the entertainment center.

/rant.

nick_b

Dec 10, 2017
I don't know if we have a general Switch thread or even a Switch hardware problem thread, but man. Today has been Switch issue day.

Woke up and my Switch hadn't charged on the dock overnight - no big, I think - and just plug it into a cord so I can charge while I play the Splatfest. Unfortunately I keep getting analog drift on both analog sticks of my joycon. Detach them to use gyro more, but drift on the right joycon still would occur causing me to spin in circles. Apparently this is pretty common these days a year after getting the system (and conveniently out of warranty). Could just be dust under the disc cover directly under the stick - will clean tomorrow. So, I decide to dock my Switch as the cable charges slowly and I'm heading to bed. Don't see the screen light up as usual when it docks to charge- Push down and it goes a little further in the dock, but no light up. Pull it out, turn it on, plug it in, but don't see the battery icon turn to a charging icon... So now my dock no longer is making a connection or is no longer charging my Switch. I will check in the morning to ensure a cable didn't get unplugged, but that will be highly unlikely given it is all behind the entertainment center.

/rant.

You may just need the unplug the dock from the power outlet and then plug it back in. I've noticed if I use both USB ports on the side of the dock to charge controllers or my phone on it then the dock will start acting up. Unplugging the dock for a minute seemed to fix it.

Oct 29, 2017

/rant.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-switch-ot-now-youre-playing-with-power-hybrid-power.3241/

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
looking for a tower defense game, anyone have any recommendations besides the pixel monster thing since I already played it on PlayStation

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
looking for a tower defense game, anyone have any recommendations besides the pixel monster thing since I already played it on PlayStation

If you have an iPhone or iPad or PC you will have access to hundreds (thousands even), a Switch like 3. So you have pretty much no choice on this platform at the moment.

When Defender's Quest 1 & 2 release, I 100% recommend those, among the best TD games ever made (at least the first, the second isn't really out yet on any platform).

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I've only played for about 15 minutes but man, Gungeon is like a entirely different game now. On the first floor alone, I had around half a dozen pretty good to great guns. Hell, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever had that much guns on my person in any given run.

I liked Gungeon before but its early game was definitely an issue. Now they fixed exactly what was wrong with it. So yeah, I'm definitely feeling this update.
So, I've played for a couple of hours since the update and I gotta say, After about 3 awesome runs I had immediately after I downloaded this update, I feel like I'm back to stingy Gungeon, which is a bummer.

I don't know what happened, but the early game still feels like pre-patched Gungeon where I'm struggling to get items and guns... Hell, probably more so than I did before the patch. I actually deleted the game so I could re-download it because something doesn't feel right.

Anyway I hope that's it because, while I love a lot about this game, I really don't enjoy having most of my runs be littered with useless stuff. People bring up Issac a lot when comparing it to Gungeon and for good reason - that game gets how to do a run based game (I'm not even a big Issac fan). This game should be about ammo management and gun/item synergies, not praying to the Gungeon Jesus for some decent stuff to use.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Game of the Day

de3fdd7d4d91f6232606ajffmu.jpg

Play Games. Make Music. A Music Creation Studio That Feels Like a Game.
KORG Gadget is my most-played game so far this year (100+ hours). I didn't know the first thing about creating music when I got into this, but I haven't been able to put it down for anything. It's versatile, easy to figure out, and the time-limit mode is really clever.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
So, I've played for a couple of hours since the update and I gotta say, After about 3 awesome runs I had immediately after I downloaded this update, I feel like I'm back to stingy Gungeon, which is a bummer.

I don't know what happened, but the early game still feels like pre-patched Gungeon where I'm struggling to get items and guns... Hell, probably more so than I did before the patch. I actually deleted the game so I could re-download it because something doesn't feel right.

Anyway I hope that's it because, while I love a lot about this game, I really don't enjoy having most of my runs be littered with useless stuff. People bring up Issac a lot when comparing it to Gungeon and for good reason - that game gets how to do a run based game (I'm not even a big Issac fan). This game should be about ammo management and gun/item synergies, not praying to the Gungeon Jesus for some decent stuff to use.

I think that this is not possible, to redownload a game to revert to a prior version of the game, at least with digital games.

When you download a game from the server, it will always include its more recent version.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
If you have an iPhone or iPad or PC you will have access to hundreds (thousands even), a Switch like 3. So you have pretty much no choice on this platform at the moment.

When Defender's Quest 1 & 2 release, I 100% recommend those, among the best TD games ever made (at least the first, the second isn't really out yet on any platform).

Hmm OK thanks I will keep an eye out for them.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I think that this is not possible, to redownload a game to revert to a prior version of the game, at least with digital games.

When you download a game from the server, it will always include its more recent version.
No, I meant maybe something was wrong with the version I downloaded because it says 1.4.0 when I look at the version number outside of the game, but on the main menu it's 2.0.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
3DS themes are region specific, yes? If so I have a US code for the Majora's Mask theme that I was given but can't use as I am in the UK. Anyone in the US want it?

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Best couch game I've played.

Solo is fun to just unlock content that can show up in subsequent playthroughs. There's challenge rooms where you can try and survive waves or get a better handle on handling certain monsters. you can play the game solo too with bots as well, but it really does shine with a few friends.

Thank you!

Prevolition

Oct 27, 2017
Best couch game I've played.

Solo is fun to just unlock content that can show up in subsequent playthroughs. There's challenge rooms where you can try and survive waves or get a better handle on handling certain monsters. you can play the game solo too with bots as well, but it really does shine with a few friends.

We need an OT for fun local multiplayer games on Switch. I've been having a blast playing Sausage Sports Club with my nieces and nephews and I know summer is a good time for these types of games. Also with Overcooked 2 and Super Mario Party on the horizon the Switch is becoming an even stronger multiplayer haven.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hand-of-Fate-2-3.jpg

Hand of Fate 2 is incredible.

This improves on the foundation of the awesome original in every way. It's deeper, it's more immersive, better balanced, better combat & animations, better presentation, music is as good as ever. I love the atmosphere and there's really no other game like it.

3315900-handoffate1.jpg

hof_combat2.jpg

hof_deck.jpg

Hand-of-Fate-2-map-table.png

Outside of some frame hitches during slightly long loading screens the performance is quite good undocked. Resolution looks to me like it is native.

My only real gripe is the inability to change text size. It's perfectly legible in handheld mode but being able to make it a little bigger would make it more comfortable. Hopefully a patch adresses it and adds a little optimization.

Definitely worth your $30. Progression is semi-roguelike, but also not really? It definitely borrows concepts for the meta progression but it defies the typical conventions of roguelites. You are beating sets of narrative quests and unlocking new ones.

Suffice it to say, if you don't like roguelikes/lites there's still a good chance you'll like Hand of Fate 2. And if you do like them you'll likely love HoF2 because it does scratch that itch, just in a much more accessible way.

Last edited:

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Hand-of-Fate-2-3.jpg

This improves on the foundation of the awesome original in every way. It's deeper, it's more immersive, better balanced, better combat & animations, better presentation, music is as good as ever. I love the atmosphere and there's really no other game like it.

Outside of some frame hitches during slightly long loading screens the performance is quite good undocked. Resolution looks to me like it is probably sub-native undocked but not by much, it's much better than a lot of popular games.

My only real gripe is the inability to change text size. It's perfectly legible in handheld mode but being able to make it a little bigger would make it more comfortable. Hopefully a patch adresses it and adds a little optimization.

Definitely worth your $30. Progression is semi-roguelike, but also not really? It definitely borrows concepts for the meta progression but it defies the typical conventions of roguelites. You are beating sets of narrative quests and unlocking new ones.

Suffice it to say, if you don't like roguelikes/lites there's still a good chance you'll like Hand of Fate 2. And if you do like them you'll likely love HoF2 because it does scratch that itch, just in a much more accessible way.

I totally agree
I am loving it so far

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Hollow Knight is a difficult game right? I'm going to buy that or Yoku. Yoku seems like it might be more suited towards me and my tastes. Is it as difficult as Hollow Knight?

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Hollow Knight is a difficult game right? I'm going to buy that or Yoku. Yoku seems like it might be more suited towards me and my tastes. Is it as difficult as Hollow Knight?

I can't speak for the difficulty of Hollow Knight, but Yoku's Island Express isn't hard, really, at all. You can't die in the game, you just lose modest amounts of the game's currency if you take damage. The challenge comes from the game's exploration and discovering every secret in the game, which is highly rewarding. I didn't play the Switch version, but I enjoyed the PS4 game enough to earn all of the trophies.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Hand-of-Fate-2-3.jpg

3315900-handoffate1.jpg

hof_combat2.jpg

hof_deck.jpg

Hand-of-Fate-2-map-table.png

Outside of some frame hitches during slightly long loading screens the performance is quite good undocked. Resolution looks to me like it is probably sub-native undocked but not by much, it's much better than a lot of popular games.

What's the framerate like? You mentioned some slight hitches but does it feel like 30 FPS or 60? I'm considering getting this either on Switch or my PC.

rocketpunch

Dec 19, 2017
Definitely eyeing Hand of Fate 2 but will likely wait for a sale while I whittle down my backlog this month. I'm currently playing and LOVING Octopath Traveler, Sushi Striker, Kirby Star Allies, and Captain Toad. Then it's on to the backlog:

- Ys VIII
- Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion
- Xenoblade 2
- Goetia
- Hyrule Warriors
- Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2
- Zelda BotW Expansion
- Bayonetta 2

So hopefully I'll catch it on sale before September. I also have the following pre-ordered:

- Mega Man X Collection
- Dead Cells
- Okami
- Dark Souls Remastered
- Monster Hunter Generations
- Mega Man 11
- Pokemon Let's Go
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Who has time for all these games??

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
KORG Gadget is my most-played game so far this year (100+ hours). I didn't know the first thing about creating music when I got into this, but I haven't been able to put it down for anything. It's versatile, easy to figure out, and the time-limit mode is really clever.

Would you say you've got an idea of making music now? And can you transfer your skills to other music programs?

Waitin for sale on KORG gadget. Im interested in makin music for fun so it def seems like a good intro

Same here. It's in my Watch List. At the current price I don't know if I'll get much out of it as my music making skills are zero. Can you make good hip-hop music with it?

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK

Hollow Knight is quite difficult. There's been a couple of bosses I've had to leave and come back to a few hours, sometimes days later.

Also it's like Ninja Gaiden in which as you progress, simple enemies can still cause you damage and kill you.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Hey guys, what powerbank do you guys use and are satisfied with? I can't wait for the nintendo branded ones and the existing ones with power delivery are not for sale were I live. But I really would like to get something for a looking trip I'll be making in a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance!

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

Yoku is almost designed in the opposite way compared to Hollow Knight. Yoku is chill. Hollow Knight is challenging from the start.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, what powerbank do you guys use and are satisfied with? I can't wait for the nintendo branded ones and the existing ones with power delivery are not for sale were I live. But I really would like to get something for a looking trip I'll be making in a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance!

I have this one and love it. Charges fast and will even charge while you play.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ61PRW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal

Thanks in advance!

I have this one and love it. Charges fast and will even charge while you play.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ61PRW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yup i have the exact same one for more than one year and is super good.
I also think that in the Switch brand ones the bigger one is exactly just like this one.
If you can afford it or find some sales get this one or the smaller one.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam

Disorientator

Oct 27, 2017
Cyprus
That or the 20000PD one is what I wanted my four some weird reason they are not available in the Netherlands :(

So I'm hoping somebody has good experience with a different type of powerbank that would be available here

Had the same problem with the 26800+ PD (not available here - Cyprus) and Amazon UK wouldn't ship it here either, so I ended up using a forwarding site that provides a UK address you can use with Amazon UK, and when they receive it they ship it to you.

Paid €30 more but it's worth it - it's a damn fine powerbank and great match for the Switch.

Last edited:

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Mario Kart 8D is $40 on JPN store. Any idea if the deal is coming to other countries?

If not, worth getting in Japan? Does it support english language?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
So Heroki is actually really good? It looks really generic but I've been advocating for 20XX and Ghost 1.0 so I know better.

Also, has ANYONE played Starship Avenger Operation?! I'm really curious about it, but my expectations are still pretty low.