• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I think Star Fox GP could wind up being one of my most anticipated Switch games. Although it depends if it is more like Diddy Kong Racing.

Same. The Diddy Kong Racing formula was such a welcome twist on "kart" games, that I'm still surprised we didn't see more in that vein.

Add in more appropriate Star Fox-isms and you'd definitely have a contender for what I imagine an evolution of the series could shape up to be.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Thus far we've had teases for new stuff from NIS and Image & Form.

Have any other notable publishers or indie developers teased stuff for next week?

I am almost certain that if 17th is the Direct date, then the NIS title is revealed in it. About Image & Form I am absolutely certain their next title is launching with timed exclusivity on Switch and announced in next Direct.

I'm not sure about the tease from I&F. When they have been doing similar teases in the past, it has been for the Nindie Directs.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am happy Super Mario Party is selling very well. For the shortcomings it still has I love the Team Partner Mode. There's so much strategy and I think it's one of the best Mario Party modes ever.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the NFL can trojan horse their way into other countries with a Mario American Football game

3050629-h1eicpa.png

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Says a lot when Mario Tennis is the biggest title. That's what's I expect from a Mini Direct.

It said a lot about 2018 in general for Nintendo first party.

Last edited:

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Today marks two years since Nintendo's greatest ever trailer

One of the best trailers ever conceived for a video game. This trailer is unabashedly proud to show the game for what it is. Every bit of gameplay is 100% real and doable, and it doesn't really lie about anything in any way shape or form; graphically, you'll even notice some pop in towards the one extreme zoom out shot.

Music is fucking sublime. Overall tone of the trailer is amazing.

Fuck it, best trailer of all time.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be amazing if they mashed them both up into one story and called it Golden Sun: Complete.

Dark Dawn isn't really a continuation of 2, is it?
It kind of is a continuation, but it takes place decades later so it's no big deal from what I remember. I just really want the first two games lol.

Javi

Jun 2, 2018
Texas
Just recently started playing Breath of the Wild and OMG amazing!!! I am HOOKED. It makes me feel so lonely how there isn't much people for the majority of the time but its soothing

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just recently started playing Breath of the Wild and OMG amazing!!! I am HOOKED. It makes me feel so lonely how there isn't much people for the majority of the time but its soothing
You just got a Switch? Yeah Botw is amazing. Probably my favorite game of all time. Just doing little journeys everyday and talking with people about their experiences was so cool.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
The Mini signifies that the Direct is shorter than a usual Direct, not that it is "mini" in the amount of cotton. The January Direct Mini last year was pretty dense with new info.

Edit: *content

Dense to a certain extent. General Directs are more meaty than Mini's.

The point is a Mini can have as much info, but less impact. I don't want a Mini Direct because it'll be ports and small games galore.

Precisely. Full blown General Directs are on a different level vs Mini's. Mini Directs are great for holding us over until a full Direct.

If you're expecting a Smash Bros. level tease, it's not gonna happen in January regardless.

I doubt anyone's expecting outside of those who hasn't been following Nintendo since the Wii U/3DS days.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The next Direct is going to be very revealing. As we know the first big Direct of the year generally lays out their lineup for the first half. We already know about quite a few games, so if we don't see them in this Direct chances are high they are in the second half of the year, or 2020.

My biggest fear right now is that we know about all of Nintendo's biggest 2019 games right now.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The next Direct is going to be very revealing. As we know the first big Direct of the year generally lays out their lineup for the first half. We already know about quite a few games, so if we don't see them in this Direct chances are high they are in the second half of the year, or 2020.

My biggest fear right now is that we know about all of Nintendo's biggest 2019 games right now.
I believe in 2d zelda based on just both paterns of their development and rlease

And becuase of emily

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
That's honestly something i'm scared of too. We know about so much already (especially including stuff hinted at by insiders) so i'm really curious if there are any heavy hitters that we don't know about. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox, 2D Zelda, Pokemon and a PlatinumGames title (likely the next Kamiya-directed game) are already out there, and I can't imagine there is much left beyond some Wii U ports.

I doubt any insiders would be willing to answer this (and they might not even be able to answer this), but I would take a simple yes or no answer to this question: are there any other (moderately) big 2019 first-party titles that we don't know about?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
That's honestly something i'm scared of too. We know about so much already (especially including stuff hinted at by insiders) so i'm really curious if there are any heavy hitters that we don't know about. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox, 2D Zelda, Pokemon and a PlatinumGames title (likely the next Kamiya-directed game) are already out there, and I can't imagine there is much left beyond some Wii U ports.

I doubt any insiders would be willing to answer this (and they might not even be able to answer this), but I would take a simple yes or no answer to this question: are there any other (moderately) big 2019 first-party titles that we don't know about?

There's also Prime 4, but I don't think that's coming out this year.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
"Know" is a big word.

For most of them we only saw a few seconds of gameplay at most, and only a logo (without even a name) for their two biggest games.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
"Know" is a big word.

For most of them we only saw a few seconds of gameplay at most, and only a logo (without even a name) for their two biggest games.

This is very true:
Fire Emblem: 2 minute trailer
Animal Crossing: No footage
Luigi's Mansion: Like 40 seconds of the game.
Star Fox: Rumor
2D Zelda: Rumor
Pokemon: Announced, but no footage
PlatinumGames title (likely the next Kamiya-directed game): Rumor

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not fair to say "Oh Starfox GP, Platinum Games Game, 2D Zelda are already out there so if they're announced they don't count".

They sure as hell count if they're announced. It doesn't matter if they're rumored or not. You shouldn't hold that against Nintendo. If Nintendo announced

-Starfox GP
-2D Zelda
-Platinum Games game
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-2 eShop games
-2 Wii U ports

That's sure an amazing year for announcements even if some are rumored.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe in 2d zelda based on just both paterns of their development and rlease

And becuase of emily
Did Emily say a 2D Zelda is coming? That would be awesome. Emily is one of the few insiders I trust a lot.

I had kind of forgotten about Starfox Grand Prix. It's been so long for Retro, and that leaked so long ago, I almost won't believe it's coming until I see it with my own eyes. I'm very interested in it as I love StarFox and I love racing games. I worry it might be 2020.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's not fair to say "Oh Starfox GP, Platinum Games Game, 2D Zelda are already out there so if they're announced they don't count".

They sure as hell count if they're announced. It doesn't matter if they're rumored or not. You shouldn't hold that against Nintendo. If Nintendo announced

-Starfox GP
-2D Zelda
-Platinum Games game
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-2 eShop games
-2 Wii U ports

That's sure an amazing year for announcements even if some are rumored.
That isn't what I meant to imply at all, like not even close; and I feel like you aren't the only person who didn't get it. I just feel like we've been cursed with too much knowledge about Nintendo's line-up this year, and I want to be able to look forward to a few more legitimate surprises throughout the year. I'm sure all of the rumored games will end up surprising us in some way on their own (such as what exactly Platinum's game is, how Star Fox GP will look and play, what form the 2D Zelda will take, etc), but nothing beats the thrill of an entirely new game announcement.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That isn't what I meant to imply at all, like not even close. I just feel like we've been cursed with too much knowledge about Nintendo's line-up this year, and I want to be able to look forward to a few more legitimate surprises throughout the year. I'm sure all of the rumored games will end up surprising us in some way on their own, but nothing beats the thrill of an entirely new game announcement.

I feel you, but I guess I don't really care either way. When I first see Starfox or 2D Zelda it's surprising enough even though they've been rumored. I can't exactly vision what Starfox GP will look like. I have thoughts, but who knows.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
That isn't what I meant to imply at all, like not even close; and I feel like you aren't the only person who didn't get it. I just feel like we've been cursed with too much knowledge about Nintendo's line-up this year, and I want to be able to look forward to a few more legitimate surprises throughout the year. I'm sure all of the rumored games will end up surprising us in some way on their own, but nothing beats the thrill of an entirely new game announcement.
Well we did get surprises this year.

But it can be hit or miss depending if that's a surprise you want. Emily did say she wants to see reactions to some games Nintendo will announce this year. Should be fun.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like the Platinum Games game is a surprise atleast. We just know a game is coming and that's all. I'm sure there will be surprises that aren't rumored.

Status
Not open for further replies.