Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm giving Odyssey DLC one more direct. We're probably getting a Direct in August and if there's no DLC announcement in that direct, then I'll assume Nintendo has moved on to the next 3D Mario game.
Yeah, we're not getting any more DLC. I think every Nintendo game with DLC has been on a season pass and announced beforehand (besides Octo expansion). But even then if we knew Odyssey would have paid stuff coming we would know by now.

Also I think the only reason why Octo Expansion wasn't on a season pass is because it's probably the only paid DLC and it came almost a year after the base game. Exception to the rule basically.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm giving Odyssey DLC one more direct. We're probably getting a Direct in August and if there's no DLC announcement in that direct, then I'll assume Nintendo has moved on to the next 3D Mario game.

I don't really need DLC for Odyssey. I'd rather have something like Galaxy 2 which took the base game and turned it to 11. I know that some people felt it was less magical, but it's still my favourite Mario game period.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really need DLC for Odyssey. I'd rather have something like Galaxy 2 which took the base game and turned it to 11. I know that some people felt it was less magical, but it's still my favourite Mario game period.
The irony is that was designed to be an expansion pack for the first game but that predated Nintendo's proper online efforts

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we're not getting any more DLC. I think every Nintendo game with DLC has been on a season pass and announced beforehand (besides Octo expansion). But even then if we knew Odyssey would have paid stuff coming we would know by now.

Also I think the only reason why Octo Expansion wasn't on a season pass is because it's probably the only paid DLC and it came almost a year after the base game. Exception to the rule basically.

Mario Kart 8 DLC was announced a year later I believe, so it's not impossible.

ckfy63a

Oct 28, 2017
a place beyond seeing...
I think we'll get Odyssey 2; as much as I want DLC, it seems like EPD Tokyo stays away from substantial downloadable content for now (not counting amiibo support in Captain Toad, and costumes and Luigi's Balloon World in Odyssey).

And if history is a precedent, we might just see it announced next E3. Galaxy was released in 2007 with Galaxy 2 announced at E3 2009, so who knows...

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was said that Galaxy 2 was made into a full game because the scope of the project moved beyond what they originally intended. Though the lack of a proper patch system on Wii probably would have prevented it from being DLC anyway.

Treasure Tracker could have honestly been DLC for 3D World if it were smaller scale as well.

EPD Tokyo seems to prefer fleshing out ideas into new games instead of making add-ons. It'll be interesting to see if they move straight onto the next 3D Mario or if they make another game in between.

Mario Kart 8 DLC was announced a year later I believe, so it's not impossible.

It was only around 3 months afterwards.

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
If we get Odyssey DLC I'd say we won't get Odyssey 2 for a while, I give it one more direct till we can dismiss it

GardenPepper

Oct 28, 2017
All this talk of Galaxy reminds me of how great those 2 games were and how desperately I want an HD remaster for Switch.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Super Mario All-Stars 2:
HD Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2.
and maybe 3dworld idk

The impossible dream.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Nah I think we're gonna get a brand new 3D Mario next. Maybe not something crazily different from the style of 64 and Odyssey (or Galaxy/3D Land/World) but a new series. Like Super Mario Academy or something silly like that.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Obviously Nintendo can always surprise us but after giving the last two 3D Mario subseries direct sequels with Galaxy 2 and 3D World it would be strange for them to suddenly veer course from that after releasing the title that's on track to be their best selling 3D Mario ever. I'm expecting an Odyssey 2 later this gen and a brand new take for their next platform, probably still in the more open model but with a new hook replacing the capture mechanic if I had to guess.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017

Galaxy 2 was magical to me as well and is tied with Odyssey as my favorite 3D Mario game for different reasons. However, I would prefer two substantial DLC packs for $20. It is incredibly unlikely at this point but it'd be cool to me. Have a new DLC pack with 3 new kingdoms, 120 new power moons and playable peach. There is a storyline with Peach that takes you across 8 of the kingdoms. The 120 power moons are spread throughout new kingdoms and the existing kingdoms that the story takes you to. Some new areas may be unlocked in the old kingdoms where the new dlc power moons are located. DLC pack contains lots of different capturable enemies and creative gameplay choices. Isle Delfino is one of the DLC Kingdoms. DLC pack 2 has 3 new kingdoms, 120 new power moons and playable Luigi. Same deal as the first pack along with a storyline across 8 kingdoms with new power moons spread throughout the journey.

They could then in 2020 release Super Mario 3D Galaxy. A followup to 3D World and Galaxy incorporating many elements from both. Game features the original 4 playable characters along with a new character unlocked after each of the 8 worlds. Rosalina, Yoshi, DK, Wario, Toadette, Mayor Pauline, Waluigi and Daisy.

I think its incredibly unlikely. I think they will likely go with Odyssey 2. However, with their acknowledgment of two different kinds of 3D Mario titles. I wonder if they will try to appeal to both audiences. I feel after Odyssey players would be more welcoming to the more linear 3D Mario style of game. I also think 3D World would've likely been a massive seller on the Wii and that the Wii U cut it short as well as backlash from hardcore fans that were craving a meaty, high quality adventure game. The last chance for them to announce Odyssey DLC is their next direct but I'm not holding my breath.

Alkraken

Dec 13, 2017
pr5rm3mz9bb11.jpg

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
3D World is already 3D Land 2 so I don't really get any of this nonsense.

Lmao okay, I see it more like 3D World is the Wii U version of 3D Land but to each there own; plus that doesn't have anything to do with what I said. Even though 3D World is one of my favorite games of all time, I don't think we will ever see a 3D World 2

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
That supposed store with Assassin's Creed seems from Spain and ...

I think I know that the vast majority of spanish video game stores. It is not known.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
I think we'll get Odyssey 2; as much as I want DLC, it seems like EPD Tokyo stays away from substantial downloadable content for now (not counting amiibo support in Captain Toad, and costumes and Luigi's Balloon World in Odyssey).

And if history is a precedent, we might just see it announced next E3. Galaxy was released in 2007 with Galaxy 2 announced at E3 2009, so who knows...

Ya at this point I think Odyssey 2 is the only reason we haven't got DLC. They have to be making it now I'd say.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching The Completionist play Wario Shake It for the Wii. I'm a little mad because somehow during the Wii era I never heard of this game. It looks so good. The game with that artstyle will live forever.

Anyone hoping we get a 2D Wario game like that? It looks really fun. It was made by Good Feel too.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm watching The Completionist play Wario Shake It for the Wii. I'm a little mad because somehow during the Wii era I never heard of this game. It looks so good. The game with that artstyle will live forever.

Anyone hoping we get a 2D Wario game like that? It looks really fun. It was made by Good Feel too.
Making a game based on spriters like that for Switch does not seem like a good idea considering the variable resolution between handheld and on television.

It is not the same case as Octopath Traveler, can give problems like Blazblue

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

Yeah, Yoshi Switch was my biggest dissapointment from Nintendo's line-up on the Switch so far because I really wanted Good-Feel to make another Wario Land game.

I adore Shake It (and it's beautiful art) and I would love another game like it.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Yoshi Switch was my biggest dissapointment from Nintendo's line-up on the Switch so far because I really wanted Good-Feel to make another Wario Land game.

I adore Shake It (and it's beautiful art) and I would love another game like it.

It would've been nice if they went back to Wario since they made Woolly World previously.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
I love 3D World but Nintendo doesn't revisit a 3D Mario subseries after moving onto the next one, and I wouldn't really want them to. I guess you can hope that Odyssey 2 (if you believe it's happening) underperforms and they have a turn towards the linear again. I'm personally hoping that they lend the 3D Land/World linear 3D platformer format to one of their less prominent platforming franchises. Hell, have someone give us a Donkey Kong 3D World if Retro is moving on from the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.