• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

With regards to Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury...

• I have played the game, and will for sure be buying it again!

Votes: 375 34.1%
  • I have played the game, and may buy it again depending on the improvements/Bowser’s Fury

Votes: 284 25.8%
  • I have played the game, and definitely won’t be buying it again

Votes: 103 9.4%
  • I haven’t played the game, and will for sure be jumping in for the first time!

Votes: 231 21.0%
  • I haven’t played the game, but I’m still not sold yet

Votes: 71 6.4%
  • I haven’t played the game, and I’m still not interested

Votes: 37 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Nintendo has been killing it this September, and we're not even done yet.

All we needed was some patience.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every week in September Nintendo has announcement. It's been the best month of the year. Getting lots of news out before the holidays.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
I'm genuinely perplexed by the amount of effort put into Stories 2. It looks good though so I'm not complaining

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I want to share a consideration about the possible release date for Zelda BotW2, and for the Switch revision.
Recently, I started to think it would have not been released in March 2021, despite what I thought at the beginning of 2020. The release date of Monster Hunter Rise confirmed that impression for me. At the same time, I don't think Zelda will be November's game, that position in the schedule will be for the remakes of Pokémon Diamond & Pearl. So, at this point I think September 2021 would fit BotW2 the best. They have plenty of time for a great marketing campaign, starting in December with a trailer at TGA.
Now, I come to the Switch revision. I think the two most suitable months are March and September. In March, it could be coupled with MH Rise, and in Japan it would sell so much, more than we could imagine in my opinion. In September, it could be coupled with Zelda BotW2 and would feel a sort of "second launch" for Switch. Besides, March was the release month for Switch itself, and September (2019) for the Lite. I am still unsure which option I think more likely, however.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
So probably two more Partner Showcases to go for this year.

I'd wager a general direct early next year then.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Always was one of the few who said their support on Switch was fine. They ported literally everything they could to the console.
Big games just take time to develop. Now we finally see 2 big exclusive ones releasing in the same year. And I expect some kind of Resident Evil spin off at some point too using the altered RE Engine for Switch. Be it Revelations 3 or something else.

The likes of Sega and Bamco who do have some big games that could be on Switch, but aren't, are the ones to criticize, not Capcom (overpriced ports is another issue, this is totally normal to criticize Capcom on that, but that's a whole another discussion that their support for the console)
I get this, and clearly their work is paying off. I just don't know how much credit I can give them for their ports when almost all of them are 15-20 years old (not judging the workload). It's just tough to get excited for all of them, and there were more exciting moves they could've made under that umbrella.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Switch Pro on March 26 makes so much sense but I would expect some first party game with it too

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
I'm not even a MH fan (have tried, multiple times) but I still think the new one looks pretty good! Some people think the graphics are meh? I would love to say I'm shocked but, well, it's a pretty common tune these days. And for some reason, there were people ready to hate on the Switch exclusive MH reguardless of what it looked like.

Stories 2 is way more up my alley style wise though, beautiful.

And Ori 2 is amazing, just like the original. I've already played it on Xbox (that and Forza Horizon are my fav Xbox things!) personally, but I HIGHLY recommend it. I could be tempted by those Switch physical releases though...

My wife will be so happy about Fitness Boxing 2! And the fact that data carries over from the original.

When I first saw MH Rise I thought the graphics were meh. But in the direct afterwards it looked sooo much better. IMO it looks fantastic on Switch. Can't wait to play it.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Everyone is excited over the Ori and Hades shadowdrops (and rightfully so), but The Long Dark looks like the best of the shadowdrops. It has really good reviews on other consoles too.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I think I saw somewhere that the series producer? Or some prominent AA figure left capcom recently, so
It was Yamazaki, the director of the two last main entries (Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice). But I don't see that as a strong hit the series is dead: they could choose a new director, and besides how SoJ ended is the best opportunity for a fresh shart, also with new characters potentially. But the problem is we didn't have any more info about AA at all, after the collection of the first 3 titles.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish I had something to get excited for but the only announced games I have any interest in for the Switch are complete no shows, it's so frustrating.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I'm not feeling any revision by end of March. Nintendo isn't gonna go head to head with Monster Hunter. I see the revision coming second half of 2021 with BotW 2.

I think it might be first half, like late June. But yeah not March.

Graphically yeah. Looks kinda hitchy framerate wise, but that could be the stream. Do we have any numbers on what it's running at? I'm assuming max of 30fps? Kinda hate playing super movement heavy action games at low framerates.

I think the gif is slowed down quite a bit, which kinda exacerbates that one hitch.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I wonder about Odyssey 2, I envisaged two scenarios

- 3DA* would be a ROM dump, but we'd get Odyssey 2
- 3DA* would be a finely crafted collection, but we wouldn't get Odyssey 2

As things stand, we seem to have neither, but I genuinely don't think they're just working on Bowser's fury: but maybe they're assisting with all of the other mini Mario projects.

I personally don't think the Mario Team would be spread so thin here, even if they have been assisting multiple projects.

Even more so than Galaxy or 3D Land, I felt Odyssey was primed for an iterative sequel. If I had to guess Odyssey 2 will be announced next year for a release in H1 2022, unless they decide to work on a different franchise, like D.K, which could take longer.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was Yamazaki, the director of the two last main entries (Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice). But I don't see that as a strong hit the series is dead: they could choose a new director, and besides how SoJ ended is the best opportunity for a fresh shart, also with new characters potentially. But the problem is we didn't have any more info about AA at all, after the collection of the first 3 titles.

I think the producer/director of the Trilogy also left.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Next year will be 4 years since Odyssey. EPD Tokyo's next game is very likely to release in 2021 and I'd wager it's not gonna be a new 3D Mario game because 3D World is releasing next year with new content.

They always have two projects in tandem they work on simultaneously - one major one and one minor one. Bower's Fury fits the minor game they've been working on since the Captain Toad DLC.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Next year will be 4 years since Odyssey. EPD Tokyo's next game is very likely to release in 2021 and I'd wager it's not gonna be a new 3D Mario game because 3D World is releasing next year with new content.

They always have two projects in tandem they work on simultaneously - one major one and one minor one. Bower's Fury fits the minor game.
We don't know if Bowsers Fury is minor. 3D World is nearly 4GB bigger than the Wii U version.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I think the producer/director of the Trilogy also left.
Takumi has worked as a Director for the two Dai Gyakuten Saiban entries (2015) and (2017), never localized outside Japan. In the main series, his last title as a director was Trials & Tribulations (2004), because in Apollo Justice he was mainly a supervisor.
I think Takumi is still in Campcom, I don't know if he is corrently working on an announced game, but in any case I doubt he is invovled in AA, with the exception of the recent supervision of the anime adaption. Maybe there is a new director, if a new AA exists. We will know in 2021 for the anniversary.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Man, it really feels like all of a sudden all of the piecemeal announcements for Switch sorta just came together and I'm feeling a lot better about the games to come lol.

Still crossing my fingers that Nintendo and Square Enix can sneak Bravely Default II into December.

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
This was hands down the best Direct of this year. Damn MonHun Rise graphics are amazing and the game seems to be open world!! Also Stories 2 looks stunning!!!
I never expected Ori 2 to come this early. Also Fitness Boxing 2, didn't even expect it. Rune Factory and Balan look awesome. Not to mention Disgaea 6.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Just had the opportunity to watch that direct and man was it good. Personally did not think it as good as the first partner showcase (avatar), but I can see how for the majority of people it was the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.