• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

With regards to Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury...

• I have played the game, and will for sure be buying it again!

Votes: 375 34.1%
  • I have played the game, and may buy it again depending on the improvements/Bowser’s Fury

Votes: 284 25.8%
  • I have played the game, and definitely won’t be buying it again

Votes: 103 9.4%
  • I haven’t played the game, and will for sure be jumping in for the first time!

Votes: 231 21.0%
  • I haven’t played the game, but I’m still not sold yet

Votes: 71 6.4%
  • I haven’t played the game, and I’m still not interested

Votes: 37 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
So someting odd just happened to me.

I tried to purchase Hades over the eshop and had to add the missing 19,99€ over paypal. I confirmed my password to prceed to the purchase now screen, but then the shop gave me an error (lost connection)
Now paypal says they've been charged for 19,99, but I have not recieved a confirmation of purchase via email from Nintendo, Hades is not purchased, and I also do not have 19,99€ worth of credit on my eshop account.

My evening is ruined.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Told y'all Smash wouldn't be there.

Q1 is shaping up to hit the ground running between Mario and Monster Hunter.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
apparently Fitness Boxing 2 is digital only? (looking at Nintendo's site. it doesn't feature a box art, just the basic template for digital games); anyone can confirm me that?

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
Next year will be 4 years since Odyssey. EPD Tokyo's next game is very likely to release in 2021 and I'd wager it's not gonna be a new 3D Mario game because 3D World is releasing next year with new content.

They always have two projects in tandem they work on simultaneously - one major one and one minor one. Bower's Fury fits the minor game they've been working on since the Captain Toad DLC.

I pray that the major is still Super Mario Odyssey 2 and the minor is 2D DK.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I get this, and clearly their work is paying off. I just don't know how much credit I can give them for their ports when almost all of them are 15-20 years old (not judging the workload). It's just tough to get excited for all of them, and there were more exciting moves they could've made under that umbrella.

Especially when compared to SE that supported Switch with AA titles. My only real grip is the KH Collection.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So MH was revealed this week. Is this the first time ever Era has been right? Cuz that's thread worthy right there.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
uhh... anyone debunk this yet or is it safe to hype?
I have been on hype so you can hype as well. I could see Nintendo wanting to spread out more merchandise opportunities and a new Golden Sun game either a remake of the first two or a new entry could help spread the love around. I would love official Golden Sun shirts and nendos.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I think 3D World will basically sell like a new 3D Mario and Bowser's Fury will likely bring over the majority of double dippers.

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
I know I missed the boat for the majority of the discussion but I have to say this mini was spectacular. Good amount of quantity and quality in this one

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
Does anyone else feel that Balan Wonderland looks a bit...amateur? I feel like the designs are kind of weird and the character animations (specifically the walking animation of the playable characters) feel very stiff and like the whole thing was made as part of a final year project for a game development student or something.

I get the nostalgia of the team who is creating it, and I very much get the whole Nights and Sonic vibes it's giving off, but still something just feels a bit...off.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
A note: It still doesn't fully mean there's a new game coming.
This may have been in development and been canceled.
Yes, it could. But at least Camelot is doing something with the IP, which is more we can hope for GS right now.

I have been on hype so you can hype as well. I could see Nintendo wanting to spread out more merchandise opportunities and a new Golden Sun game either a remake of the first two or a new entry could help spread the love around. I would love official Golden Sun shirts and nendos.
Imaging a remake of GS with amiibos of Isaac, Garet... or the Djinns!

Man, now I want to play GS again...

Akoig

Sep 4, 2020
A note: It still doesn't fully mean there's a new game coming.
This may have been in development and been canceled.
I find it unlikely given the new Dark Dawn trademark was just registered this year (not even approved yet). I can only see them bringing DD back if they are hoping 1+2 makes a homerun.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Especially when compared to SE that supported Switch with AA titles. My only real grip is the KH Collection.
Right. I can lay blame at Sega and Bamco but there were actual new games from them. Not always day and date, but at a certain point I don't have to question it. Capcom was always ambiguous and took their sweet time.

Akoig

Sep 4, 2020

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
March 26 - Balan Wonderland
March 26 - MH Rise

That to me says release window of something.

If Bravely Default 2 gets a delay also, I would put money that they tell them to hit that window.

Pablosamo

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Hello

Any idea if Stories 2 is a direct sequel or self contained?. This one looks great, first one, not so much.

The other one announced today, does it has a predetermined character?

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
Tbh these are the things that would also hype me so much about a remake! Merch was not as common when the original GS games launched, so having some now specially amiibos, figmas and nendos would be incredible
Exactly! They have to appeal both the fans of the franchise and new potential players to make GS succeed. I always start thinking in amiibos as I love collecting them (even if I just have a few).

I find it unlikely given the new Dark Dawn trademark was just registered this year (not even approved yet). I can only see them bringing DD back if they are hoping 1+2 makes a homerun.

I completely forgot about the new DD trademark. Seems like Camelot and Nintendo expect a good comeback for the franchise. However, I do hope that, if they remake DD, they solve part of the problems it has. The GBA ones are excellent, but the NDS one is just...there.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo isn't wasting money on Dark Dawn. They don't care about that game. It has no fame. It has no legacy. Nobody is asking for it. It sold poorly.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
March 26 - Balan Wonderland
March 26 - MH Rise

That to me says release window of something.

Or it's the last Friday in the fiscal year for both companies. I'm sure Square Enix didn't mean to put Balan up against Monster Hunter.
If Bravely Default 2 gets a delay also, I would put money that they tell them to hit that window.

I don't think SE would publish two Switch games on the same day.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Right. I can lay blame at Sega and Bamco but there were actual new games from them. Not always day and date, but at a certain point I don't have to question it. Capcom was always ambiguous and took their sweet time.

Not to mention how they gave us some questionable ports and made up pay prime price for it. Like RE4 with no motion controls and separation the DMC games instead of giving us the collection. Yeah, we got a great DMC3 port, but they could have done that for the collection if they desired and charge an extra $10 or something. And we never got DM4 despite people buying those overpriced ports.

Also the 'Capcom port everything it could' isn't even really true when we're missing last Gen stuff like Dead Rising games and Lost Planet (although Capcom didn't port those games to any system).

Status
Not open for further replies.