With regards to Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury...

• I have played the game, and will for sure be buying it again!

Votes: 375 34.1%
  • I have played the game, and may buy it again depending on the improvements/Bowser’s Fury

Votes: 284 25.8%
  • I have played the game, and definitely won’t be buying it again

Votes: 103 9.4%
  • I haven’t played the game, and will for sure be jumping in for the first time!

Votes: 231 21.0%
  • I haven’t played the game, but I’m still not sold yet

Votes: 71 6.4%
  • I haven’t played the game, and I’m still not interested

Votes: 37 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I can see the game doing 4.5-5M in Japan and repeating GU in the rest of the world - maybe managing to do a bit better - but to reach 9-10M units the game would have to sell a massive amount in the West, and I can't see that hapenning.

I'll give you that 5M is a little short sighted from me, but there's no way Capcom will manage to sell 10M units of a Monster Hunter game on a single platform.

I mean... c'mon... am I... am I wrong on this? Holy crap, maybe I'm wrong on this... can you imagine?

MHW sold what, 15M? How much of that realistically wasn't on PS4?

And believe it or not, the Switch's install base is gonna be pretty close to the PS4's at that time when MHR launches. Probably about 80M, give or take.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so great when you actually know great games coming the following year. Unlike the average September direct of last year they gave us a Xenoblade remake for 2020, we already know brand new big games for 2021.

You can feel the difference between this September going into 2021 compared to last years September going into 2020.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I mean, I have a feeling that they're probably going to push back the New Switch to focus on meeting demand for the current model, but it's not like there isn't precedent for Nintendo releasing new hardware just before the end of the FY. The 3DS was released on March 25/27 in EU/NA.
We knew about that in September 2010, though.
Unless they're going to announce it next week, I don't see it happening.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Can we make a list of 2021?

So, next year:

Bravely Default 2
Mario 3d world
Monster hunter rise
Rune Factory 5
Shin Megami Tensei 5
Monster Hunter Stories 2

If Bayonetta 3 and No More Heroes 3 comes... and I won't even mention the inevitable Zelda collection game.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
It's so great when you actually know great games coming the following year. Unlike the average September direct of last year they gave us a Xenoblade remake for 2020, we already know brand new big games for 2021.

You can feel the difference between this September going into 2021 compared to last years September going into 2020.
We knew about Animal Crossing last year in September, for March too, like Monster Hunter !

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
So there you go, update time! Fitness Boxing 2 is being published by Nintendo in all territories but Japan! and seemingly it will be digital only this time around; --We still have no official delay for Bravely Default II and Famicom Detective Club Remake;

07-Switch-Games-published-by-Nintendo-Sept-2020.png

again, not NSO and Arcade Archive games not included; nor Nintendo distributed games (rather than directly published) such as Travis Strikes Again and No More Heroes III

Green Border means - 3rd Party game published by Nintendo;
Games isolated on blue are ports (either from Wii U or other consoles)
So Nintendo is only distributing Monster Hunter in the west?

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yes that's true. But we know SMTV, 3D World+, Balan Wonderland, BD2, Monster Hunter Rise, Monster Hunter Stories 2 and I'm sure there's some more I'm missing. 2021 looks way better than 2020 did.
Yeah for sure ! Rune Factory 5 too
Rune Factory 5, Monster Hunter Rise, SMT 5, that's 3 big big exclusive third party games for me ! 2021 will be the first year on Switch with a lot of exclusive third party games I'm excited for.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Something similar happen with the Lite.
Nintendo started dating a bunch of games for September when they later reveal the lite was due that month.

On the opposite end though; Nintendo releasing Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad, Joycon extended batteries and a Switch charging stand on the same day in 2018 didn't amount to anything.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Not sure about Japan (probably Capcom themselves), but it appears Nintendo are publishing the game in Europe.
In America, however, it appears Capcom are doing it themselves.
you're right! Thanks for pointing out;

www.nintendo.co.uk

MONSTER HUNTER RISE

MONSTER HUNTER RISE, the newest entry in the critically acclaimed action-RPG series, is coming to Nintendo Switch!

thought it was Capcom at first glance, but I was looking at the developer tab lol; Yeah, EU version is Nintendo published

EDIT: No page for Monster Hunter Stories in the UK site yet;

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think 2021 will be the peak year for Switch. At that point some Nintendo devs will have to start moving to next gen.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
you're right! Thanks for pointing out;

www.nintendo.co.uk

MONSTER HUNTER RISE

MONSTER HUNTER RISE, the newest entry in the critically acclaimed action-RPG series, is coming to Nintendo Switch!

thought it was Capcom at first glance, but I was looking at the developer tab lol; Yeah, EU version is Nintendo published
Damn... Looks like Capcom really doesn't want to publish physical games in Europe for Switch... What the hell.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

And believe it or not, the Switch's install base is gonna be pretty close to the PS4's at that time when MHR launches. Probably about 80M, give or take.

Probably a lot actually. At the time of the PC release the game had shipped 8 million units. The PC version was a massive success, and we have some insight from Steam Spy estimates. I would absolutely believe that the PC version alone accounts for more than 5 million units

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a lot actually. At the time of the PC release the game had shipped 8 million units. The PC version was a massive success, and we have some insight from Steam Spy estimates. I would absolutely believe that the PC version alone accounts for more than 5 million units
Interesting, I wasn't aware it was that big on PC.

Still I think MHR has a lot going for it, 10m should be achievable with much bigger numbers in Japan.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I don't see the Nintendo Direct Speculation thread anywhere.

I'm guessing that the Nintendo General Discussion thread is basically the "spiritual successor" to those threads and we now use this thread for Direct speculation... Right?

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Today's partner mini was obviously objectively good. But on a personal level, they managed to build a whole direct out of games that don't appeal to me. Hopefully I have better luck with the October partner mini.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

just a guess, but i think most of world's sales come from PC
at least in the sales charts, world has long disappeared from ps charts but is always in steam top sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.