• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I know a guy who works in the Direct department at Nintendo. You know the drill.
> Two anniversary "Directs" in February: one in early February for Zelda, and one for Pokémon. 35th and 25th respectively.
> Zelda N64 duology will be available starting in April until March 2022. $60, Mario 64 level enhancements
> Pokémon Snap is coming in May, gen 4 remakes in the fall
> March Direct has new 2D Donkey Kong, 3D Kirby, Tomodachi World, Style Savvy, Crash 4, THPS1+2, Borderlands 3, and... GTA 5.
> March will also have Mario/Nintendo furniture for Animal Crossing. last content update, internet loses it
> also has a Smash reveal, it's Crash
> summer will have Splatoon 3, eat shit resetera
> those bigger third party games won't come out until fall because of:
> Nintendo Switch Max coming in September. only 1 SKU with new white joy-con; system itself is black
> Mario Kart coming in the fall, 30 fps on old Switches, 60 fps on Max
> Breath of the Wild 2 is called Breath of the Wild 2 because why would they call it anything else when the original sold three times as much as the next best selling Zelda
> late October for BOTW2, bf slot for Pokémon

what an unbelievable waste of time

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I know a guy who works in the Direct department at Nintendo. You know the drill.
> Two anniversary "Directs" in February: one in early February for Zelda, and one for Pokémon. 35th and 25th respectively.
> Zelda N64 duology will be available starting in April until March 2022. $60, Mario 64 level enhancements
> March Direct has new 2D Donkey Kong, 3D Kirby, Tomodachi World, Style Savvy, Crash 4, THPS1+2, Borderlands 3, and... GTA 5.
> March will also have Mario/Nintendo furniture for Animal Crossing. last content update, internet loses it
> Nintendo Switch Max coming in September. only 1 SKU with new white joy-con; system itself is black
> Breath of the Wild 2 is called Breath of the Wild 2 because why would they call it anything else when the original sold three times as much as the next best selling Zelda

All that effort and not a single Metroid game smh my head

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
reactions to the fact that Nintendo's best 3D team is making the legendary "fucking Donkey Kong" is going to blow the original "fucking Donkey Kong" backlash out of the water imo

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Must not have had a busy H1, huh?
lol that was also an attempt at the sort of overtly fake/unrealistic job title these things have

I don't know how they manage to be unrealistic and disappointing. I think it probably comes down to a lack of creativity

Some salty DK backlash could be entertaining
you think you want it now, but trust me you don't

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
reactions to the fact that Nintendo's best 3D team is making the legendary "fucking Donkey Kong" is going to blow the original "fucking Donkey Kong" backlash out of the water imo

Why would it? Didn't people learn anything from that kind of stupidity last time?

Anyways, I asked previously, but didn't get a response - What evidence is there pointing to the 3D Mario team making a 2D Donkey game?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I, for one, am very excited to make the "EPD Tokyo working on fucking Donkey Kong" thread when the announcement happens.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Why would it? Didn't people learn anything from that kind of stupidity last time?

Anyways, I asked previously, but didn't get a response - What evidence is there pointing to the 3D Mario team making a 2D Donkey game?

None.

One of the EPD teams was hiring for a 2D game in "the Mario universe" or something, some people have for whatever reason extrapolated that to indicate it's a Donkey Kong game. I can't remember exactly if it was the 3D Mario team or not but I guess it was.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
much like with pikmin 3 deluxe, I'm going to be absolutely fucking pissed about donkey kong until it's announced and I think it's neat

edit: for context, I thought the name "deluxe" was dumb and also kind of wanted a trilogy instead

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Kind sir, will you tell us if Mario Kart 19 is happening?
The only thing stopping Mario Kart 19 from happening is climate change in the next 50 years.

next year is not a skittzo year

we're looking at style savvy, pokemon snap, old ports, 3d kirby, donkey kong, nintendogs, i dunno fucken mario sports

there'll be breath of the wild 2 though

and splatoon 3 (not a spinoff)

Everything but Style Savvy and DKC interests me actually. Especially Pokemon Snap. And Old Ports (TM).

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I've bitched and moaned about Donkey Kong being a no show for years. Let me have this one (1) thing.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
You might not like the games personally, but a lineup of...
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Metroid V
  • Donkey Kong Country 6
  • New Pokemon Snap
  • Monster Hunter
  • 3D World with substantial new content
  • Pokemon Remakes
automatically makes 2021 rival 2017 in terms of quality. And there's still a lot left out in terms of possibility and third party.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
wait, so I was debating you and you had inside info the whole time? -_-
Hey, i'll try to make this as clear as possible without saying anything specific:

I don't know for certain if EPD Tokyo are working on Donkey Kong. That's my interpretation, so I could still be wrong and Odyssey 2 is up next from them.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Metroid V
  • Donkey Kong Country 6
  • New Pokemon Snap
  • Monster Hunter
  • Pokemon Remakes
automatically makes 2021 rival 2017 in terms of quality. And there's still a lot left out in terms of possibility and third party.

Plus Splatoon something and No More Heroes 3 and probably Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime Trilogy and Bravely Default 2 and SMTV and so on...

Gonna be a mammoth year for software.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017

I haven't heard "Max" yet. Sits pretty well with me actually - I'm in favor of 2, Max or Plus in terms of revision naming.

Also it better not be Breath of the Wild 2. Ef that, give my phone a new acronym to memorize

Nov 2, 2017
Been away for a bit to control a headache problem but I have some good news. I found out that virtual autograph signings for cons are a thing and I have a chance to get an autograph from one of my favorite voice actors!
Raccoon BozPaggs

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The BotW sequel is guaranteed to be named Breath of the Wild 2

in Japan! We have Triforce of the Gods 2 as reference after all.

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
  • Breath of the Wild 2
  • Metroid V
  • Donkey Kong Country 6
  • New Pokemon Snap
  • Monster Hunter
  • Pokemon Remakes
I know it's been prominently discussed, but Yabuki's Team (Mario Kart/ARMS) has got to have something next year, right? If it's still too soon to do a new Mario Kart, what if they try something similar, but mechanically unique with a new Diddy Kong Racing perhaps?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

My favorite part is the Mario furniture being the last update for animal crossing. Has that 4chan "line item that was directly contradicted by a recent interview" feel.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I know it's been prominently discussed, but Yabuki's Team (Mario Kart/ARMS) has got to have something next year, right? If it's still too soon to do a new Mario Kart, what if they try something similar, but mechanically unique with a new Diddy Kong Racing perhaps?
2022 probably. Not a good idea to have so many titles in one year. 2022 won't be as slammed me thinks.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Bayo 3 has to be next year, right? I can't imagine it having a 5+ year dev cycle unless it was rebooted or it's scope has somehow ballooned massively.

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
Bayo 3 has to be next year, right? I can't imagine it having a 5+ year dev cycle unless it was rebooted or it's scope has somehow ballooned massively.
I hope it is. The fact that this game is being produced from the ground up by Nintendo makes me very curious what it's budget and scope will look like compared the the second game which was partially developed before Nintendo stepped in.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

GTA5 on Switch is the most unbelievable thing here.

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
I would think so, it has been in development for a good minute now. The fact that it's taking so long does interest me a little though, I get the feeling that they're going for something a little more ambitious this time around.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Been away for a bit to control a headache problem but I have some good news. I found out that virtual autograph signings for cons are a thing and I have a chance to get an autograph from one of my favorite voice actors!
Raccoon BozPaggs
nice!

I vow to someday I'll meet Alex Hirsch and that'll be cool

My favorite part is the Mario furniture being the last update for animal crossing. Has that 4chan "line item that was directly contradicted by a recent interview" feel.
that one could happen, they technically never gave indication as to how long support will last

the thread's had this fight before

GTA5 on Switch is the most unbelievable thing here.
actually though

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Would love for next year to be the year of Pokemon.

Pokemon Snap
Detective Pikachu 2
Sinnoh Remakes
A collection of GameBoy/GameBoy Advance games

Status
Not open for further replies.