• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I beat AOC

tenor.gif

GOTFY

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Random thought: Whenever the Switch revision is announced and there is the obvious drop in sales between the announcement and the release, we're going to have to put up with stupid Nintendoomed takes.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
My hometown are locked in a bitter final against our nearest, most hated rivals. Just two points in it. Pray for victory.

Honestly winning this would make 2020 less of a shitshow personally. This being my hometown team makes it so important.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad that there are some Zelda fans who didn't try this game because it's the musou genre or because the story took a different direction. It's incredible, and honestly one of the most consistently excellent games in the Zelda series. Also my favorite story in a Zelda game since Majora's Mask.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
If I was mostly confused and not entirely convinced by the demo, would I still like AoC?

I've never played a musou, but i really want to like this one lol

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
the absence of a switch revision from the capcom leak is weird, right?

I'm sure somebody's gonna explain how it's not and I'm stupid, but it's totally weird

How would it appear? I personally don't imagine that any game releasing within 1-2 years is going to be anything else than enhanced by next year's model. In that context, I do not see a reason for the games mentioned in that leak to mention a new switch model.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
It's sad that there are some Zelda fans who didn't try this game because it's the musou genre or because the story took a different direction. It's incredible, and honestly one of the most consistently excellent games in the Zelda series. Also my favorite story in a Zelda game since Majora's Mask.

I'm a huge fan of both LoZ and Musou games but I know that this game is not for me. The thing putting me off is the lore and the characters. I loved BotW, it had absolutely the best open world gameplay of all time but it's story and artstyle... not my thing. BotW would have much better game if there were no characters besides Link, Zelda and necessary NPC's and nobody talked. Kinda like Shadow of the Colossus.

I'm definitely getting Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires next year.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree. I think it has one of the best or right near the top Zelda story of all time. Just incredible, especially the build up in the second half of the game. Idc if the story took a left turn, right turn, U-turn or whatever. I had lots of fun and that's important. The story was great on top of it. Imagine if BotW 2 has a great story like this...

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Thankfully I was there to show everyone the light, I was saying Capcom support was good on Switch and I was predicting that they would end up delivering good original stuff, been saying so since early 2019 ! Even I wasn't expecting to deliver that much crazy stuff in one single fiscal year though lol
Our Messiah MaitreWakou *kneeling*

Seriously, though, expecting Capcom to be there on Switch day 1 or 2 with original projects probably was too much to ask anyways. Looking at their other HD efforts shows they've never been the ones leading the pack there.
Porting over what they could and had to offer probably was the best thing they could do to bypass the time it took for new stuff to be developed.

All the Capcom + Switch naysayers simply were way too impatient.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom at least know the details of the revision and are preparing for it. I'd imagine they might have devkits, but i'm not certain.
Oh yeah, I don't doubt that they're aware it, but I'd expect the scope of that knowledge to be very limited right now, which a lack of physical devkits could be a part of. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Game Freak was the most external developer to have devkits right now, especially if it's not launching until the fall.
How would it appear? I personally don't imagine that any game releasing within 1-2 years is going to be anything else than enhanced by next year's model. In that context, I do not see a reason for the games mentioned in that leak to mention a new switch model.
There'll probably be some ports you wouldn't expect to see otherwise, but I'm pretty sure this leak was mostly information about new games, anyway.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Damn. Anybody you can contact to sort that out? Hoping for the best amigo.
Oh, they've been contacted for a while now.

We are talking about an apartment building (or a condo or whatever it is called in English) here so I'm not the only one affected. In fact I had to take a bottle of water downstairs to a neighbor, because they didn't have any.

I'd have a power outage over a water outage any day of the week.

Especially in a middle of a pandemic where you have to wash your hands a lot.

Thank you and MondoMega for wishing me well. It is no big deal, will probably be fixed tomorrow, but damn do I fucking hate water outages.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
fuck, i didn't want to get aoc cuz i didn't like the demo but reading this thread makes me feel like i'm missing out.

Despite the frame rates and slightly blurry resolution in handheld mode, I had so much fun with AoC and the story is absolutely amazing. I can confidently say that AoC is my GOTY, it's worth it for the story alone.

As for gameplay, I was actually impressed, it's really fun and I keep forgetting it's a musou game.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
AoC might be my favourite Nintendo game this year! Xenoblade was really good, but AoC has made its way up to being great. Only Pikmin 3 might dethrone it still, we'll see.

Btw, I feel like AoC's Demo actually painted a worse picture of the full game than what we've got right now. They really didn't do well by selecting Hyrule Field as one of the worst places in terms of resolution and framerate.
Like, basically everything else afterwards is better. Take that as you will.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Ah, alright. Guess it's still too far out for dev kits to be out there.

Define "meaningful" info though, because i'm 100% confident that some third-parties should have at least some info about the revision.
Meaningful would be specifics on specs and performance targets. Nothing of that sort has been distributed. A general idea has been discussed but little else.

Things like the V2 or Lite weren't fully detailed to external developers until around June and they launched in September. Also have to keep in mind that a dev kit may not be required until closer to launch, depending on the performance gains. Current dev kits could be overclocked to reach desired result.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Oh yeah, I don't doubt that they're aware it, but I'd expect the scope of that knowledge to be very limited right now, which a lack of physical devkits could be a part of. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Game Freak was the most external developer to have devkits right now, especially if it's not launching until the fall.

There'll probably be some ports you wouldn't expect to see otherwise, but I'm pretty sure this leak was mostly information about new games, anyway.

Yeah maybe something like RDR2, to impress... But I don't expect something from switch pro exclusive capcom from the beginning.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Meaningful would be specifics on specs and performance targets. Nothing of that sort has been distributed. A general idea has been discussed but little else.
That adds up then, alright. I assumed the little I had heard was just incomplete info, but I guess there just isn't much out there yet; thanks for the clarification!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. I think it has one of the best or right near the top Zelda story of all time. Just incredible, especially the build up in the second half of the game. Idc if the story took a left turn, right turn, U-turn or whatever. I had lots of fun and that's important. The story was great on top of it. Imagine if BotW 2 has a great story like this...
I wish BotW2 was a sequel to AoC, to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.