Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
These sudden listings make me think that we'll get something within 24 hours, actually. Otherwise, wouldn't it be early? I think we're leaning a bit hard on the whole closed office thing.
We had Skyward Sword listings for Switch last August, six months before the reveal :-p

Retailers will just want to be ready to get preorders in as soon as they can, in this case.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
There'll definitely be two SKUs for the Switch Up. Black, and red, just like the New 3DS XL.

On the topic of performance upgrades, BotW is the obvious choice for a game that I'd be interested in seeing in a new light, but there are plenty of games that can get pretty crunchy in handheld mode. The resolution of DQXIS, for instance, would sometimes plummet and then pick up a bit later. It's never enough to bother me but it is something that momentarily kicks you out of the experience, like watching your stream quality dip. Keeping handheld resolution for any game locked to 720p would be pretty nice. That little bit of blurriness disappearing would kill what little separates the general experience moving between TV/portable modes.

I never got to the "proper" ending of Hades (not credits, the other thing), and I bet that's gorgeous in 4K.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Tonight...

We'll crucify the insincere tonight (tonight)
We'll make things right, We'll feel it all tonight (tonight)
We'll find a way to offer up the night (tonight)
The indescribable moments of your life (tonight)
The impossible is possible tonight (tonight)
Believe in me as I believe in you......tonight
tonight, tonight,
tonight,

tonight
Another influence on my formative years

no worries about the glibness or the fury. I'm on board with that all the way. though I think a couple hundred years is a bit optimistic — may we be so lucky!

to everyone else who responded, I know it's extremely prevalent in all forms of media, but it really seems amplified in games. ripping from those cultures without input is bad enough, and cartoonifying / using it for comedic effect it is even worse, but making indigenous cultures / aesthetics into caricatures or even straight up representations into enemies you can kill, popcorn or bosses, is extremely bad. Cartoonish and abstracted or violent and literal, it's just so fucking bad.

and I mean every instance of it. I'm not backing down. Donkey Kong Country Returns sure as shit doesn't get a pass. No Crash Bandicoots (not even the new one! that came out last year!!). The new-ish fucking Wonder Boy pulled out that shit and I bailed. There's even shit in Mario Odyssey! And these are the most abstracted instances, let alone the literal ones. (Except for Crash 1, jesus, they didn't even try). Like... I'm not alone in finding this shit incredibly harmful, am I?
I hope gaming media starts calling that sh*t out soon they've gotten a little bit better raising problematic stuff in recent years, but the blind spot for this is really disappointing. I know it won't change many minds, there's an unfortunate abundance of bigots in gaming who would prefer games to be objectively horrible; but some big reviewers talking about it might at least encourage some devs to rethink their design choices.

Super is tacky, New isn't
Both sound tacky to me, new moreso aha

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PeriodicRewardingDugong-max-1mb.gif
"Repeatedly claiming to have insider information despite often being wrong and refusing to cooperate with verification"
is what the ban thing says.
Should mention that ban is duration pending atm not perm though.
Weird considering he was vetted and not sure how he had "so much wrong". Oh well.
MaitreWakou end this man's entire career

Welcome back, Dark Cloud!
The world is (almost) at peace.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I hope gaming media starts calling that sh*t out soon they've gotten a little bit better raising problematic stuff in recent years, but the blind spot for this is really disappointing. I know it won't change many minds, there's an unfortunate abundance of bigots in gaming who would prefer games to be objectively horrible; but some big reviewers talking about it might at least encourage some devs to rethink their design choices.
I was (somewhat) surprised to see how little the press discussed the fact that Horizon is a game starring a white woman in indigenous cosplay. The premise of the game is that society has been leveled and everyone has "regressed" to "primitive," "historic" cultural styles, and the game makes heavy use of indigenous art and stereotypes… while featuring a noticeably not native cast. I know people like to say the game is drawing upon a variety of aesthetics and cultures, but it's undeniable imo which is the dominant influence.

There was so much talk about the story and world, but here's a problem that has been apparent since the game's original reveal that I have rarely seen considered by the press.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Kinda of a random question. But if I pre-order skyward sword, do I also get to preload it already?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Also with the Super Nintendo Switch, there is going to different levels of patch.

The native boost should already be significant but then you also have the secret DLSS sauce.

It's like two levels of boost in one revision.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So I've been searching "Switch Pro" on Youtube to see people's thoughts on it and I noticed there are quite a few videos are in Spanish.

I'm curious in what Spanish speaking countries does Nintendo have the biggest consumer base. Is it mostly from Mexico and/or Spain or are these views an amalgamation of views from around the world?

Jesus, I really hate this clickbait titles especially because mostly they do not have the info to really deliver on them, anyway, yes Mexico and Spain are the biggest Nintendo consiente that speak Spanish.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Ok, so for real, what is this thing going to be called? I'm tempted to start a thread but I fear it would get locked since it's sorta redundant.

I think these are reasonable:

New Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Switch Pro
Nintendo Switch+
Nintendo Switch 2
Super Nintendo Switch

Of these, I put my money on New Nintendo Switch. What do you all think?

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Jesus, I really hate this clickbait titles especially because mostly they do not have the info to really deliver on them, anyway, yes Mexico and Spain are the biggest Nintendo consiente that speak Spanish.
Lol seems like clickbait is universal then. And thanks for confirming what I thought to be the case. I had heard that Xbox was pretty popular in Mexico and Spain was "sonyland" so it's good to hear there are a good number of Nintendo fans in Mexico and Spain.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Also with the Super Nintendo Switch, there is going to different levels of patch.

The native boost should already be significant but then you also have the secret DLSS sauce.

It's like two levels of boost in one revision.

Though for already available games, it should be always repeated that unless a game has unlocked framerate, the performance of these games won't be improved at all.
Outside of loading times due to a better CPU, though.

And pretty much all games, unlocked framerate or not, need a patch if they're to use and have the performance/resolution increase from DLSS.

Wait, as in Nintendo screwed them a bit or as in Nintendo is crazy for going up against their reveal?

I don't know the person in question, but i feel like if this was about "Nintendo being crazy going against RDR", it would've maybe be "LOL Nintendo" instead of WTF?

Just how i see it.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I was (somewhat) surprised to see how little the press discussed the fact that Horizon is a game starring a white woman in indigenous cosplay. The premise of the game is that society has been leveled and everyone has "regressed" to "primitive," "historic" cultural styles, and the game makes heavy use of indigenous art and stereotypes… while featuring a noticeably not native cast. I know people like to say the game is drawing upon a variety of aesthetics and cultures, but it's undeniable imo which is the dominant influence.

There was so much talk about the story and world, but here's a problem that has been apparent since the game's original reveal that I have rarely seen considered by the press.
Especially with beloved franchises/characters people are willing to turn a blind eye to it. Even places that I'd usually rely on to call out problematic/harmful elements have been very much in the "omg Baeloy" camp.

Oct 27, 2017
I just spent like 100 bucks on Paper Mario TTYD cause I never played that one. With my luck it will probably be announced as part of NSO's new GCN lineup at E3, or somehow get re-released on switch, so you're welcome.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Though for already available games, it should be always repeated that unless a game has unlocked framerate, the performance of these games won't be improved at all.
Outside of loading times due to a better CPU, though.

And pretty much all games, unlocked framerate or not, need a patch if they're to use and have the performance/resolution increase from DLSS.

I don't know the person in question, but i feel like if this was about "Nintendo being crazy going against RDR", it would've maybe be "LOL Nintendo" instead of WTF?

Just how i see it.

Yeah but this was 2016 Nintendo. I would be surprised if the people at Rockstar(or any other publisher) thought that a Nintendo announcement was going to be any "threat" to their hype.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but this was 2016 Nintendo. I would be surprised if the people at Rockstar(or any other publisher) thought that a Nintendo announcement was going to be any "threat" to their hype.

No matter how unsuccessful or bad the previous one was, a new Nintendo system is always hype. Maybe there was even more interest in this because the Wii U was such a massive flop?

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Looks like i didn't miss anything. But Walmart Canada has entered the stage? Now we're talking.

Nintendo, i know your US branch is in a long holiday weekend, but with Walmart Canada on the case, your move is being forced! (j/k)

Oh i had a Pro moment last evening. I passed out dead tired on the couch around 11.30 p.m., like a Pro. Then my wife woke me up gently, like a Pro, and led me more asleep than awake to continue sleeping in the bed.
Sounds like a GOAT woman. You should probably marry your wife. :P

Sep 8, 2020
I need the
no worries about the glibness or the fury. I'm on board with that all the way. though I think a couple hundred years is a bit optimistic — may we be so lucky!

to everyone else who responded, I know it's extremely prevalent in all forms of media, but it really seems amplified in games. ripping from those cultures without input is bad enough, and cartoonifying / using it for comedic effect it is even worse, but making indigenous cultures / aesthetics into caricatures or even straight up representations into enemies you can kill, popcorn or bosses, is extremely bad. Cartoonish and abstracted or violent and literal, it's just so fucking bad.

and I mean every instance of it. I'm not backing down. Donkey Kong Country Returns sure as shit doesn't get a pass. No Crash Bandicoots (not even the new one! that came out last year!!). The new-ish fucking Wonder Boy pulled out that shit and I bailed. There's even shit in Mario Odyssey! And these are the most abstracted instances, let alone the literal ones. (Except for Crash 1, jesus, they didn't even try). Like... I'm not alone in finding this shit incredibly harmful, am I?

It's very harmful.

Imagine being an Arab playing call of duty. It's extremely rude. Even the No Russian chapter in MW was just unbelievable that they did that to the Russians. The problem with media, especially American media is that they're not designed with the international audience in mind. The Arabic perspective is not the same as the East Asian is not the same as the European is not the same as etc. etc. I always find it strange that Americans don't mind Arabs being the terrorists but will pay very great attention to "diversity" so long as it's the kind that Americans expect. It really feels like people think, "Arabs? To hell with them lol."

it's particularly offensive when a woman wearing the hijab is transformed into a bisexual god-rejecting woman in the second season of a show as a form of character development. Or when Jaafar marries Jasmine in the Aladdin remake by putting their hands on the Quran. That second one drove me insane like how rude can you be that you didn't bother researching the basics like "wow, how do Arabs get married?" We don't put our hands on anything! Is Indian music played at Arabic weddings? Meh, it's not America so who cares. Maybe the least offensive of the lot was Uncharted 3 (I loved the Syria chapter) but even then, they had a scene where an Arab who's implied as on the American's side helping Drake against the other Arabs. It was particularly annoying.

SofyTrancy

Aug 3, 2020
what are you guys expecting from this e3? If there is the switch pro do you think that Nintendo will present less games? I mean, if half of their presentation is spent for the new revision there will be less time for the games...
My hopes are:
- BOTW2: trailer + release date
- new Fire Emblem (remake or not): trailer
- BDII DLCs (I can dream)
- Astral Chain sequel
- AA7 or a new Layton, but I think that these two are impossible xD

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a GOAT woman. You should probably marry your wife. :P

She is, and you have no idea just how grateful i am for having her. Made me a better person and continues making me even better.

But ... never make her angry. Like ... really angry. Wrath of an angry god tier, i tell you.

what are you guys expecting from this e3? If there is the switch pro do you think that Nintendo will present less games? I mean, if half of their presentation is spent for the new revision there will be less time for the games...
My hopes are:
- Astral Chain sequel

I think if they announce the Pro before E³, they should have as many games as possible in the Direct to show off the revision's improvements.

In the end, software sells hardware.

SofyTrancy

Aug 3, 2020
I think if they announce the Pro before E³, they should have as many games as possible in the Direct to show off the revision's improvements.

In the end, software sells hardware.

Yeah, you are right.
I have also forgot that we may see something else about Zelda, since is the 35th anniversary. I'd love a remake of the Oracles games, maybe with the third one that was never made.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
My hopes are:
- Astral Chain sequel
Why would Nintendo present less games if the Pro is shown? I'd rather say MORE games.
Also, apparently they're not gonna reveal it at E3, but slightly beforehand.
Even if they would announce it at E3, that doesn't mean they have "less time" for games. They themselves decide how much time they got ;)

SofyTrancy

Aug 3, 2020
AA7 is in developpement tho, and due to be revealed soon according to Capcom's big leak. The informations we got about The Great Ace Attorney were 200% accurate. So I would definitely not rule AA7 out yet !

They might wait untill after TGAA is released tho.
OMG I didn't know about this. I knew about the Great Ace Attorney but not about AA7!

Status
Not open for further replies.