• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
I wonder if Nate is waiting for just right before the Direct is announced to release his podcast with exclusive news about the NSO? Or maybe he just hasn't had the time to make it and I am just imagining conspiracy theories lol

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
There's quite a few higher profile games releasing in the next few weeks:

- Death Loop
- Cruisin' Blast
- Rainbow Six Extraction
- Eastward
- Kena

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
After 25 years of reading initial impressions and previews, they're always ULTRA positive... so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Aug 15, 2020

undefined

Jan 3, 2021
Did you folks try the Ultra Age demo? It's kinda surprising I dunno, it's a pretty polished indie DMC-style game, I only heard about it after some websites dropped reviews
Maybe I'll pick the full version eventually

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need a breezy relaxing 2D platformer and I can't decide between Wario Land 4 and Yoku.

First response gets the pick!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
what I miss today?

my promotion had led me to working 12 hours a day and I wanna collapse. But bless the Friday. Weekend here I come to sleep and eat all day

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Prime Trilogy probably had an engine change to implement modern shader effects. the hardest thing for Nintendo is deciding whether to sell the collection for $60

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
so I moved to a different state. If I change my pre-order shipping address to my new home, will it get cancelled lol?

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I'm just glad to hear that it sounds like Metroid Prime Trilogy is still coming to Switch. May be awhile still, but I'll gladly wait however long it takes to play again one of the best trilogies in gaming…. And a better version of it to boot!

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
There goes my OLED.

i have the super expensive SMTV edition and I don't want to risk it lol. Guess I'll be without the game for a while.

Amazon is garbage but there's a reason I'm stuck pre-ordering there a lot. They're the only company who has an anywhere near modern online shopping system. Every other online store I've heard horror stories of people changing addresses and having issues. It doesn't mean you will but it's just risky.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Nintendo pushing and promoting Metroid Dread so hard really makes me feel like this is all they have for the holiday season. D/P remakes are there but all that marketing is done by TPC. I think this is all they got and they want it to sell a ton more than Metroid games usually sell
Not really, Mario Party and Adavnce wars are both things that will get major pushes in a september direct(like super did in 2018). Heck in '18 Luigi's mansion and Torna were both revealed in that direct. Generally we'll get 2-3 games for anywhere between October and march

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Sony should be more like Nintendo and have Wario take over their Twitter account.

I feel this should be a thread
Funny thing, I was looking at Twitter after Wario took over the account and saw the Metroid Dread trailer and post…

which I then read entirely in Wario's voice. Wario promoting Metroid is amazing, btw

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The front page today could be described as "Is Sony Bad?"

Coincidentally also the name of a thread that popped up and was immediately locked
Yup yup yup. It's mind-numbing, both the "Sony is bad actually" and also the "Sony is amazing" threads are overwhelming gaming side. There are tons of threads that are pure console warring bait. It's exhausting and more and more I find myself coming straight to this thread to avoid it.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yup yup yup. It's mind-numbing, both the "Sony is bad actually" and also the "Sony is amazing" threads are overwhelming gaming side. There are tons of threads that are pure console warring bait. It's exhausting and more and more I find myself coming straight to this thread to avoid it.

Give it like 4 days and it'll be gone.

And replaced by an entirely different type of console warring.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017

220px-Weird_Al_Yankovic_-_Even_Worse.jpg

Aug 15, 2020
While I don't necessarily disagree about how bad other threads are and don't mean to single anyone out, I think this thread too regularly devolves into complaining about other threads and posters from other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.