What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I don't think there's a Direct coming because Nintendo is a wild horse and one would think everyone in this thread would realize that by now.

Some people in the SMTV thread have pointed out that there hasn't been a new SMTV trailer or SMTV News segment yet. They said on the last SMTV News segment that September's would be late in the month, and the theory was that it would be after a new trailer is shown in a Direct. I still doubt this, because with all the previous monthly trailers, they announced it about 24h in advance, along with the SMTV News video a week later. They could still announce a new trailer tonight, it airs tomorrow, with the SMTV News on the 29th.
I'm of the mind that if they announce an SMT V trailer separately from a direct the direct dream is dead, but until that happens I see no reason why an SMT V trailer wouldn't be in a direct. They delayed their normal marketing schedule and I can't see them doing that for no reason, and displaying a pv in a direct seems like the reason for a delay

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I don't think there's a Direct coming because Nintendo is a wild horse and one would think everyone in this thread would realize that by now.

Some people in the SMTV thread have pointed out that there hasn't been a new SMTV trailer or SMTV News segment yet. They said on the last SMTV News segment that September's would be late in the month, and the theory was that it would be after a new trailer is shown in a Direct. I still doubt this, because with all the previous monthly trailers, they announced it about 24h in advance, along with the SMTV News video a week later. They could still announce a new trailer tonight, it airs tomorrow, with the SMTV News on the 29th.
Have they ever announced the SMT trailer ahead of its appearance in a Direct, though? Rather than just a random video drop? That may be considered an exception to the rule.

Dec 11, 2017
I miss Monster Games. They were an amazing home to the Excite series in the Wii era (3 different games in 3 years!) and also gave us the return of Pilotwings

They've just been doing licensed racing games for over half a decade now

I'd never discount Nintendo from doing it, but I really hope we see a new Pilotwings in the future. Would love something at a grander scale.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm of the mind that if they announce an SMT V trailer separately from a direct the direct dream is dead, but until that happens I see no reason why an SMT V trailer wouldn't be in a direct. They delayed their normal marketing schedule and I can't see them doing that for no reason, and displaying a pv in a direct seems like the reason for a delay
Absolutely, I agree if they announce an SMTV trailer, there is almost certainly no Direct, but yeah, an SMTV trailer would definitely be in a Direct given how they are promoting it.

The September trailer and News segment weren't "delayed", they had always said it would just be later in the month in the last News segment.
Have they ever announced the SMT trailer ahead of its appearance in a Direct, though? Rather than just a random video drop? That may be considered an exception to the rule.
No, but there's technically only one "Direct" it's been in and that was the E3 one. There was the Direct Mini last year that was the first resurgence of the game in 3 years, but as far as after it's information blowout at E3, they have always been announced in advance. If it really is in a Direct, then yeah, I agree they probably won't announce it, just show it, and then have the News segment a week later.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I think we should just cancel the Nintendo Direct and have a Doushka Direct instead.
Ahahah that would be great !
She's a beauty, I remember getting my dog around the same time as you. They grow fast.
Here's Speculoos, doubting there's gonna be another direct this year.

iC7gO6Y.png
Oooooh no so cute ! A little dachshund !
They indeed grow so fast

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I miss Monster Games. They were an amazing home to the Excite series in the Wii era (3 different games in 3 years!) and also gave us the return of Pilotwings

They've just been doing licensed racing games for over half a decade now
they enjoyed doing Nascar games, which is probably why they went back to it. then Nascar took the license elsewhere are. Monster seem to be doing well for themselves. their releases are low key, but they're self publishing them

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Monster Games was a pretty sad "loss", ngl. Not the saddest (that would go to Cing or perhaps Rare for me) but it's up there.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I just noticed Best Buy gives you a $10 gift card if you buy Cruis'n Blast at $40.

Screw it, I think I'll pick it up soon to play as my secondary OLED game alongside Dread.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I guess I'll wait with posting the new thread untill 16:00

At least we can sob together in a new thread

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I'm feeling tomorrow for an announcement

Sorry gang

On second thought, I have literally never been right about guessing a Direct date that wasn't previously hinted at by insiders, so maybe this is actually a good sign

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Nintendo doesn't do things randomly. Every year of the Switch era we've had a Direct (or Partner Showcase) about 5-10 days before TGS. That is the core function of the fall Direct. If for some reason there weren't one this week, there wouldn't be one in fall. Because it isn't necessary outside of synergy with TGS. Koei Tecmo has a game to reveal before TGS, which will almost certainly be in the Direct.

I know this isn't officially a speculation thread anymore, but in the spirit of this thread's origins can we stop worshipping randomness and rejecting reason?

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cing were outstanding and I really feel like their games would have a vibrant market today

Yeah, I loved their Nintendo-published games as well as Little King's Story. (Apparently most of their other games weren't super well received) By the time games like The Walking Dead and Life is Strange got really popular, they had already been dead for years.

I will never forgive Nintendo for letting them die. I obviously know why they didn't help them, it's still disappointing to me, goddammit.

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo doesn't do things randomly. Every year of the Switch era we've had a Direct (or Partner Showcase) about 5-10 days before TGS. That is the core function of the fall Direct. If for some reason there weren't one this week, there wouldn't be one in fall. Because it isn't necessary outside of synergy with TGS. Koei Tecmo has a game to reveal before TGS, which will almost certainly be in the Direct.

I know this isn't officially a speculation thread anymore, but in the spirit of this thread's origins can we stop worshipping randomness and rejecting reason?

They certainly have done random shit (including Directs) in the past.

Kehaan

Feb 27, 2019
Danmark
I hope we get info on a direct :D And if it is the case, i really hope we soon hear about a bigger content update/DLC for Animal Crossing.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
This thread has been pretty great, y'all! I think some awesome thread newcomers are helping the thread activity remain high despite DC's perma, and the regulars are as delightful as ever. Announcement or no announcement today...onto Metroid: Thread!

Lemrik

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Nope iĀ“m not feeling it.
Which means a Direct will be announced in 3 minutes because IĀ“m always wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.