• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
What are everyone's thoughts on WarioWare: Get It Together? I like it, but I think it's a downgrade from Gold.

Even though controlling characters is a cool twist, I don't think it's as fun as what came before. Also, the game doesn't feel as quirky as previous WarioWares. Not a fan of the gacha stuff, either.

As much as I love the Switch library, it does have some notable games that are weaker compared to their predecessors. Get It Together is unfortunately one of them. (I'm still enjoying it, but yeah.)

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Finally someone said it.

Is it something controversial?

If PCEra leaves, XboxERA leaves and now NintendoERA leaves, only Sony and smartphones remain.

And I don't think people here are very into smartphones.

This is absurd, not being a member of one of these insular communities doesn't mean you only like Sony. I get wanting to make your own thing, and you've done that. No need to linger here and talk shit.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
This is absurd, not being a member of one of these insular communities doesn't mean you only like Sony. I get wanting to make your own thing, and you've done that. No need to linger here and talk shit.
Of course not, but the whole point of the new board is that while it leans Nintendo, it still covers all gaming. I'm still plenty into PlayStation for a lot of reasons. But if you don't think that, on the whole, this place leans Sony, especially now… I don't know what to tell you

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Kirby boxart

kirby-and-the-forgotten-land.original.jpg

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Of course not, but the whole point of the new board is that while it leans Nintendo, it still covers all gaming. I'm still plenty into PlayStation for a lot of reasons. But if you don't think that, on the whole, this place leans Sony, especially now… I don't know what to tell you
What does "leaning Sony" even mean though? The front page has threads about all kinds of stuff.

These threads spawned their own community from hyping Nintendo directs and that's fine and good. It doesn't mean that literally every Nintendo/Xbox/PC fan has left era lol.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
What does "leaning Sony" even mean though? The front page has threads about all kinds of stuff.

These threads spawned their own community from hyping Nintendo directs and that's fine and good. It doesn't mean that literally every Nintendo/Xbox/PC fan has left era lol.
Nobody is saying that. But this forum definitely focuses a ton on graphics and stuff, which is mostly a Sony/Microsoft thing. And I believe XboxEra left due to console warring (I could be wrong though, so feel free to correct me). NintendoEra and XboxEra mostly gone, that leaves SonyEra as the majority. Not all, just majority.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is saying that. But this forum definitely focuses a ton on graphics and stuff, which is mostly a Sony/Microsoft thing. And I believe XboxEra left due to console warring (I could be wrong though, so feel free to correct me). NintendoEra and XboxEra mostly gone, that leaves SonyEra as the majority. Not all, just majority.
I'm not disputing that these communities have partially or entirely bailed, just that not everyone who likes Nintendo/Sony/Xbox identifies as being a part of these specific communities.

It makes no sense to claim the majority of users left here are Sony fans because it assumes people can only like one thing.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What are everyone's thoughts on WarioWare: Get It Together? I like it, but I think it's a downgrade from Gold.

Even though controlling characters is a cool twist, I don't think it's as fun as what came before. Also, the game doesn't feel as quirky as previous WarioWares. Not a fan of the gacha stuff, either.

As much as I love the Switch library, it does have some notable games that are weaker compared to their predecessors. Get It Together is unfortunately one of them. (I'm still enjoying it, but yeah.)
I'm enjoying it, but it's not dominating my life like the GBA one did. Having controllable characters makes for great replayability, but I feel like the microgame design suffers from having to accommodate all of the plat styles.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
1. it's ugly. the lack of colors, plus the shiny characters, and the bloom lighting make it feel like a nightmare and not in the way the developers intended. it's games like this where i really, really hate the chase for the high-end visual and photorealism. because as much as you think you're nailing it in the modern day, it won't look good a decade later, and what they had to sacrifice to get it there was not worth it.
I'm surprised barely anyone talks about the poor visuals. RE5 has a unique art style, but not in a good way…

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, it's crazy to see how far mobile has come, graphics-wise. it really makes one wonder how much the Switch can achieve if it was sufficiently pushed. I guess BotW2 will be that game

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. As much as I like the Switch, I'm reminded how terrible joycons are. I tried recalibrating but the left stuck just doesn't resister down quite right:( at least it's not drifting? Eh, I'm instead playing Metroid Dread on my TV with a pro controller. Which is the first time I'm playing Switch docked in well, years :)

GriffMendez

Sep 20, 2021
Ugh.

I ordered Metroid from GameStop because I had some money in my PayPal account and Amazon doesn't take PayPal. I saw "release date shipping" and didn't realize that the free shipping isn't release date like it is at other places.

Looks like it's a Dread-less weekend for me…
Me too, but I'm waiting for a sale.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017

I remember there was a good bit of kvetching at this based on premature analysis of a sizzle reel.

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland

I remember there was a good bit of kvetching at this based on premature analysis of a sizzle reel.

I wouldn't necessarily say it was premature. If anything I would go as far as to say that the backlash about it prompted them to make a change. The games we were shown for Europe were the Pal versions, as can be seen when you look at the box art for Starfox 64, as that was named Lylat Wars in Europe. Lylat Wars was originally shown in the European announcement but now they've specifically changed it to Starfox 64. It seems like they've decided to just make the US versions available as the default option to European customers, since it specifically states the 60Hz versions will be available in English only, but also have the PAL versions of some games available too, with other language options. I would wager that it'll be games that are text heavy that will have the PAL versions available since, for example, someone who only speaks French would not really be able to play and fully enjoy the 60Hz version of Ocarina of Time since there is a lot of story text involved.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
I wouldn't necessarily say it was premature. If anything I would go as far as to say that the backlash about it prompted them to make a change.
They didn't have a two week turnaround to implement and announce a new feature for their service that's launching in another two weeks.

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
They didn't have a two week turnaround to implement and announce a new feature for their service that's launching in another two weeks.

I mean...it's literally just swapping out the PAL versions of the files for the NTSC versions, right? I don't want to sound like I'm beating a dead horse but we only have to look at Starfox 64/Lylat Wars to see that. It was Lylat Wars advertised originally and now they're advertising Starfox 64.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Question, does Nintendo still do free joycon drift repairs? My mom has a couple L Joycons that have it and I was gonna call customer service for her and take care of it.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

I love it, in having a blast doing the missions, and i find myself going back to it every week for the new challenges. I personally found Gold a bit cumbersome with all the switching between gameplay mechanics.

SupremeBum01

Apr 5, 2021
I think Nintendo should contract someone to make a roguelike Star Fox.

They have not had success reimagining the series or even bringing it back to its roots. But imagine if it was some 20$-30$ title where you plan randomly generated Star Fox levels, gather resources, and head back to the Great Fox for upgrades. The planets/levels would be randomly generated and you could select your path through the galaxy.

Seems like it would fit the arcady pick up and play nature of the series while modernizing it for new audiences.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean...it's literally just swapping out the PAL versions of the files for the NTSC versions, right? I don't want to sound like I'm beating a dead horse but we only have to look at Starfox 64/Lylat Wars to see that. It was Lylat Wars advertised originally and now they're advertising Starfox 64.
No not really, Pokémon snap has a separate version for each of the four European languages it supports. Also note that the EU lineup mix of boxes was always mixed with only the ones with multi language support having Pal boxes

It's more likely this is just the first bit of info before the full details drop in the next day or two

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'm not disputing that these communities have partially or entirely bailed, just that not everyone who likes Nintendo/Sony/Xbox identifies as being a part of these specific communities.

It makes no sense to claim the majority of users left here are Sony fans because it assumes people can only like one thing.
Xbox Era left and yet there's still a strong Xbox Era presence. Steam Era left and yet the Steam Deck and PC Era threads are still active. Nintendo Era left and yet the Metroid Thread is one of the most active, if not the most active thread on the forum.

The reality is that it was a clique within each of these communities that left. What is left behind is a ton of both Sony, Xbox, PC, Nintendo and multiplatform gamers. About the only difference is this thread is much slower because there was a really strong group of lovely people who used this thread as their personal discord, and they've unfortunately mostly left.

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Hey everyone. I got a normal switch besides my Lite model which I want to leave permanently hooked to my TV.
I imagine then that if I want to play my games offline I should maintain my Lite logged in to my account as primary device and have my account setup in the "tv switch" as secondary since this one will be always at home anyway, is that correct?
Is there something else I should know about or is that it?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone. I got a normal switch besides my Lite model which I want to leave permanently hooked to my TV.
I imagine then that if I want to play my games offline I should maintain my Lite logged in to my account as primary device and have my account setup in the "tv switch" as secondary since this one will be always at home anyway, is that correct?
Is there something else I should know about or is that it?
Make sure you have auto-downloads of cloud saves enabled on both.

You'll also need to give it a minute or so (depending on the save size) after closing a game on the Lite before the save is available on your TV Switch.

Sep 20, 2021
Xbox Era left and yet there's still a strong Xbox Era presence. Steam Era left and yet the Steam Deck and PC Era threads are still active. Nintendo Era left and yet the Metroid Thread is one of the most active, if not the most active thread on the forum.

The reality is that it was a clique within each of these communities that left. What is left behind is a ton of both Sony, Xbox, PC, Nintendo and multiplatform gamers. About the only difference is this thread is much slower because there was a really strong group of lovely people who used this thread as their personal discord, and they've unfortunately mostly left.

I just recently made my account here but lurked many years before even on the old forum. I am obviously not a native english speaker. I will try anyway:

I think it is very obvious that many people left era who had been main voices here, especially the last exodus after the mediacreate thread "event" has left a big hole, not only in the Nintendo focused threads here.

It seems most people who provided valuable data for example in the many sales threads left over time because a fact based conversation here got harder and harder because of trolls/fanpeople from all sides.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
I agree with Glio, but I'm not gonna quote him because, they way things are, I might get banned just for that.

Anyway, I wanna preserve my login here because it makes easier to lurk around some topics I might wanna read, but the fun i had posting here is gone. Famiboards and Install base forums are way much more pleasant and the discussions there are way less toxic.

Last edited:

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is very obvious that many people left era who had been main voices here, especially the last exodus after the mediacreate thread "event" has left a big hole, not only in the Nintendo focused threads here

It seems most people who provided valuable data for example in the many sales threads left over time because a fact based conversation here got harder and harder because of trolls/fanpeople from all sides.
OMG YES. The difference in quality between the MC threads here and IB is like night and day.

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
if a shit posts a shitpost in the woods and nobody shits, does have very much never once expect how to learn likely again?

Oct 25, 2017
wound up playing about 2/3 of resident evil 5 tonight until i completed it, just to clear my slate for metroid dread.

it's shocking that resident evil 5 is a bad game. at the time it released, the reputation surrounding it was that of something which didn't reach the heights of resident evil 4, but was still following solidly in its footsteps. resident evil 6 is probably the best thing for its legacy, because the consensus surrounding re6 being a low point for the main franchise kept re5 as better by comparison.

1. it's ugly. the lack of colors, plus the shiny characters, and the bloom lighting make it feel like a nightmare and not in the way the developers intended. it's games like this where i really, really hate the chase for the high-end visual and photorealism. because as much as you think you're nailing it in the modern day, it won't look good a decade later, and what they had to sacrifice to get it there was not worth it.

2. fucking what:
G1Rpyhw.jpg

3. re4 was this tongue-in-cheek b-movie. leon kennedy is off to save the president's daughter and is making wise-cracks the entire time. re5 is this angsty up-its-own-ass lore-heavy plot with chris redfield trying to save the world from albert wesker. maybe longtime resident evil fans really liked it. some parts come off as goofy in a way that i can't tell if it's supposed to be funny or not, like chris punching that boulder.

4. the level design and enemy encounters suck. the game is mostly running from room to room and clearing out people until late in the game where there are some light puzzles introduced. the game feels like it's trying to do re4, but bigger, and as a result, feels like re4, but smaller. re4 worked in part because it was such a departure from what came before. re5 constantly reminded me of a better game. even inventory management was hampered by this. re4 had these in-game moments in which you could find someone to sell you stuff. it was part of the atmosphere. in re5, it's just there at the end of a chapter. and item management isn't practically its own minigame - it's a constant annoyance in juggling weapons and ammo and health by how many things fit in your grid(s).

top-to-bottom it's a mostly miserable experience, and i can't believe that re6 is somehow worse. it's similarly hard to believe how re7 managed to course-correct so well afterwards. and now i'm afraid of village because it seems to be what re5 was to re4, but to re7.

but hey, metroid dread is tomorrow, so that's a future concern.
i randomly played it through recently as well and yeah, yeesh -- not good

Status
Not open for further replies.