• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Sadist

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
What a good day

Expecting;

Metroid Dread
Mario Party
Advance Wars 1 + 2 Reboot Camp
Pokemon Arceus
Splatoon 3

New:

Resident Evil Outrage
Alan Wake
Castlevania Advanced Collection
Klonoa Encore
Xenoblade 3
Some Warner/Bethesda/2K published game we wouldn't expect
Japanese third party announcement which no one expected

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Hope we're all ready for tomorrow's announcement of Ice Climber, from Retro Studios, the gritty franchise reboot with a single shot camera which follows a father-daughter pairing with a strained relationship as they climb a mountain with the ashes of the deceased wife/mother.

It's 2,5D Mountain Climber that has 12 mountains to climb. Each of these is based on different quirk. There is a thunderous Eternal Storm mountain where you have to beware not only be fried by constant barrages of lightning but also the rain, flash floods and ravenous wolves. Then there is the lonely peak "Home of the Snake God" that stands above unexplored jungle. Here the green jungle turns slowly into red stone as you make your way up through branching paths with your expanding skills and items. The only constant here are the snakes. Eagle Nest is arid mountaintop above badlands. Loose ground, falling rocks, tunnels and heat are your enemies, but if you are lucky enough you might get a lift from a mighty eagle.

As you make your way through the mountains new elements are unlocked. If you thought Snakes were bad enough during daylight, try exploring the green mountain during night. If you thought the sleeping volcano Eye into the void was bad, try climbing it during eruption.

After you've finished the climb. After you've conquered the summit. After you've explored every path and nook and cranny on the beautiful hand drawn levels then it's time to hit the arcade and online. Smaller versions of the summits, designed for competitive gameplay invite you to climb with 2-8 players at a time or compete for the best time in leaderboards. Participate in wacky modes such as "Snake Tag - where you desperately scramble from a wall of snakes that changes direction unexpectedly" or "Lightning Rod Where the player who is highest carries a metal pole attracting every lightning to themselves".

And remember that this time Ice Climbers don't have to do it alone. Unlock secret characters from the history of Nintendo and climb as Bubbles, Balloon Fighter and other forgotten heroes.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to pop in to say I'm probably not going to be around here much longer for whatever reason, but it's been real y'all.

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020
Zelda fanboy moment here but... They said no more Zelda games planned for this year. And the Direct includes early next year... if we get WW/TP ports and then the N64 stuff is true as well?????

TP/WW/OOT/MM on Switch would be the perfect way to kill the wait time for BOTW2 for a Holiday 2022 release. I'd be so happy and content with that

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Zelda fanboy moment here but... They said no more Zelda games planned for this year. And the Direct includes early next year... if we get WW/TP ports and then the N64 stuff is true as well?????

TP/WW/OOT/MM on Switch would be the perfect way to kill the wait time for BOTW2 for a Holiday 2022 release. I'd be so happy and content with that
What would be the point of Aonuma saying they had no more Zelda games planned if they were going to announce more Zelda games 3 months later? The point of saying that is so people don't expect things like WWHD and TPHD in the near feature. Doesn't mean they won't happen, even as soon as next year, but it does almost certainly mean they won't be announced or released this year.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just wanted to pop in to say I'm probably not going to be around here much longer for whatever reason, but it's been real y'all.
Understandable. Sorry to see you go as you provided valuable input in these threads. Reading the MC thread is like watching prestige TV where every so often a new plot twist is introduced, and not in a good way. Can see how the site has become irredeemable for people from that community.

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
Yeah, the MC thread is on fire and the mod team scrambling from all the... revelations I could say. I am not sure where all this will lead to, but I guess that if I want to be positive I can say that every crisis is an opportunity for improvement.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I think Nintendo era is good enough reason to stay on the forum, I appreciate everyone here if we're not all in agreement all of the times. It really is a nice place (most of the times :P)

I do understand everyone who would want to leave, but it's a shame what is happening currently.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017

💜💜💜

I know it's not necessarily for the reason you would have wanted to leave, but I wish you well and hope that we'll see each other once again somewhere on the net in the future hopefully Discord if I ever get into it more

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020
What would be the point of Aonuma saying they had no more Zelda games planned if they were going to announce more Zelda games 3 months later? The point of saying that is so people don't expect things like WWHD and TPHD in the near feature. Doesn't mean they won't happen, even as soon as next year, but it does almost certainly mean they won't be announced or released this year.

I mean to be fair he said "there are no plans to release any other games in the franchise on the Nintendo Switch as part of its 35th anniversary"

The ports of the games already exist, so it wouldnt be farfetched to see them not being a part of the 35th anniversary celebration. Also, if the N64 thing becomes real we'd more than likely get MM and OOT, which also wouldnt be part of the 35th anniversary celebration but still Zelda ports put on the Switch console

donpiano

Nov 15, 2017
I am currently at my most active preorders for videogames ever.

-Metroid Dread Special Edition
-Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania
-Mario Party Superstars

Blind faith in Metroid, and the other two are compilations of very good games, so not really all that risky. But thought it was a fun observation since I'm very actively against preordering stuff lol

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright people list your confidences. What are you:

100% confident we'll see tomorrow

-Meltdown threads saying Nintendo is doomed
-NSO Update
-Mario Party Superstars
75% confident we'll see tomorrow

-Kirby
-Smash Bros final character

50% confident we'll see tomorrow

-Donkey Kong
-Xenoblade

25% confident we'll see tomorrow

-Fire Emblem
-Sports Story
-Silksong

1% confident we'll see tomorrow

-Wave Race
-Star Fox

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Since we actually discuss in here, here's my bingo card

SeptNDBMandosy.png
Two N64. Hell yea

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the kind words guys, but as I said I'm not sure it's much of a choice...

Considering some of the conduct of the site's staff it literally might not be a choice.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
100% confident we'll see tomorrow

-Meltdown threads saying Nintendo is doomed
-NSO Update
-Mario Party Superstars
75% confident we'll see tomorrow

-Kirby
-Smash Bros final character

50% confident we'll see tomorrow

-Donkey Kong
-Xenoblade

25% confident we'll see tomorrow

-Fire Emblem
-Sports Story
-Silksong

1% confident we'll see tomorrow

-Wave Race
-Star Fox
What about Smash?

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I mean to be fair he said "there are no plans to release any other games in the franchise on the Nintendo Switch as part of its 35th anniversary"

The ports of the games already exist, so it wouldnt be farfetched to see them not being a part of the 35th anniversary celebration. Also, if the N64 thing becomes real we'd more than likely get MM and OOT, which also wouldnt be part of the 35th anniversary celebration but still Zelda ports put on the Switch console

I think it's safe to assume that would be anything else in the year of the 35th Anniversary. Once we get into next year it won't matter as much. VC stuff also wouldn't really count if they did do that.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm looking to improve things a lot. It's fucking tough, though. I did recently get these flossing handle things and they make that process a little easier, even if I only have the desire to do it twice a week. As for sweets, yeah shit's not good and I was also drinking a lot of 'diet' whatevers thinking it was OK. The day I learned that not even flavoured still water is OK for your teeth was a tough one lol

Thanks for chatting with me about this! I'm gonna ring up my dentist tomorrow and see whether they can change a less-essential appointment I have (I have to get a permanent crown on my front tooth that broke in half in a childhood accident...) to one that focuses on the current issues. It's gonna cost but, hey, if that's what it takes...
Oh shit, sorry I didn't see this earlier. The power in my family's apartment went out so I've been in the dark for most of the day 😅

Oh tell me about it. It's a lot harder than it sounds to give up food and drinks you like. I'm basically trying to go cold turkey, unless I'm out with friends. That way it'd just be a treat rather than a standard part of my diet. Hope your appointment goes well, man!

No problem! Ahh...yeah, cost is one of those things that keeps me away from going to dentist or doctor as often as I should. Crossing my fingers it won't set you back too much to get them worked on

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Would be a shame to see you leave as well, you've been a pleasant and/or funny presence in these threads and I always enjoyed our discussion. If you get to stay, I hope you do.

Oct 25, 2017
Out of the loop, what's this about MC and people leaving?
Chris(OP of Media-Create threads for 15+ years) was banned because he challenged a mod on a specific situation while at the same time the moderation/staff issued guidelines that weren't compatible with media create threads and didn't had any thought put into it. A lot of people called out moderation and staff because of years ignoring the trolls in the thread and Chris ban and moderation went on a witch hunt banning a lot of people, even regular users of MC. Later a user provided screenshots that prove that cvxfreak(The mod Chris disagreed with) actions were with malicious intent and people started calling staff out again. Admin/Moderation answered with a incredible weak response, defending cvxfreak while issuing a double standard. Then, another user provided screenshots of Morrigan(another mod) discord were this mod was cursing the threads, users and saying to their discord followers to troll on the MC thread, as they(Morrigan) would not ban these discord trolls.
edit: Also, Chris left Era. Mazi too. Lelouch stepped down from NPD threads and MP90 from PAL Threads. Also Bruno MB from PAL Threads and SalesERA in general was permabanned for criticizing a mod on twitter while mods on discord are left to do whatever they want.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Out of the loop, what's this about MC and people leaving?
to try and summarize:

mod responded to reports of recurring trolling in the MC thread by banning the OP, a longstanding contributor to the community, and imposing a new set of rules that did not address the trolling, without consulting the community

It was quickly uncovered that the mod in question was talking shit on the OP and had planned on banning him, and bragged about it

mods are currently half-addressing the situation

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The way this site drives communities away is extremely gross and disappointing.

Edit: and YIKES at that last post.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017

The phrasing used was "This year, the original Legend of Zelda game reaches its 35th anniversary. While we don't have any campaigns or other Nintendo Switch games planned, we've been working on this Game & Watch system..."

A "Nintendo Switch game" means a game you can download from the eShop or buy on a cartridge, so it wouldn't include an emulated N64 game but would include a WWHD or TPHD port. And I think it's a big reach to suggest he would say this knowing full well WWHD and TPHD announcements were on the horizon, and just discounting them because they weren't part of the 35th anniversary marketing. Again, if that were the case, why say anything at all? The only reason to even mention plans for other Switch games is to manage fan expectations.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
to try and summarize:

mod responded to reports of recurring trolling in the MC thread by banning the OP, a longstanding contributor to the community, and imposing a new set of rules that did not address the trolling, without consulting the community

It was quickly uncovered that the mod in question was talking shit on the OP and had planned on banning him, and bragged about it

mods are currently half-addressing the situation

Oh there's far more after where you story ends off

Status
Not open for further replies.